[Q] com.android.phone stopped!

Search This thread

sliyk

May 15, 2007
Coventry
hi guys

i just erased and reset my note 3 its on stock rom that it shipped with, although i have rooted the device
so right after it turns on post erase and factory reset i get the following error
unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped
i know other threads have been made regarding this but what im surprised about is that my phone has just been reset and is literally clean [save for the sd card in place] why would i still get this error?

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
hi guys

i just erased and reset my note 3 its on stock rom that it shipped with, although i have rooted the device
so right after it turns on post erase and factory reset i get the following error
unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped
i know other threads have been made regarding this but what im surprised about is that my phone has just been reset and is literally clean [save for the sd card in place] why would i still get this error?

Another user had a similar error, it turned out to be the sim card causing it, when he swapped it for another it worked fine and the error stopped.

sliyk

May 15, 2007
Coventry
Another user had a similar error, it turned out to be the sim card causing it, when he swapped it for another it worked fine and the error stopped.

but i have been using this sim card before this restore as well without any problems

update: even removing the sim brings up the error

Last edited:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Try reflashing stock on it again and see what happens, maybe a bad root?

---------- Post added at 03:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

Try taking out the SD Card also and booting up see if it still happens.

mehdi.moha

Dec 21, 2010
Vaxjo
that bad-locky user is me !!!!!!!!!!!1
yes ,
i had same problem and searched on google , all the lines , the the topics and ask from most of developers on xda !!
but no one knows what is the problem .
i don't want to tell the story again , but just want to share with u , the problem is cause of the new modem ( or baseband ) !!
my sim card worked like charm on 4.3 ( my baseband was MJ7 ) , but after upgrated to polish 4.4 , after restart my phone this f*** error appear and is waiting for me to press " ok " !!
please be informed that no way back to 4.3 !!! :( , and this error will be remain on all custom 4.4 that are available on the xda , cause all of them are based on NA6 ... so all of them have the same baseband !!
plus , don't try to flash any 4.3 baseband on 4.4 , i did that before and (( thanks god my phone is still alive ;) )) i thought my phone was fu*** up !! every time i rebooted my phone , it had rebooted twice !!! first time came up with the error and after 3 sec it rebooted by itself and come up without error !!!!! + sometime it shut-down by itself ...
actually , this problem will not resolve with any reset , factory reset , clean install , wipe cache ...
so we should wait and crossing or finger to receive our region's 4.4 .
I'm on Iran , as u may knows my country is on global sanction , so i bought my phone from Dubai and sumsung added my language to dubai version MJ7.

i should wait for 4.4 update for MJ7 modem . but i'm confusing , why all of 4.4 modems are NA6 till now ? what should i do if Dubai receive 4.4 NA6 update instead of different modem !!! :(
so :
-please share with me if u find any other solution . thank u
-a question , what was your previous baseband ? and what is your new one ?
-put your phone on airplan and restart your phone , do you still have the F*** error ?

Last edited: