Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

[Q] Why can't the Nexus use the Google Play Music external storage feature

OP mistr_e

21st May 2014, 04:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Update v5.3.1316M of Google Play Music introduced using external storage for your music data. You go into Settings > Downloading > Storage Location and it will show external storage if you have it. It works on many devices with SD card slots like the S4.

I have a USB key over OTG with my Nexus. Using Stickmount or the latest ES File Explorer; the key mounts, I see it at /data/media/0/usbStorage/sda1/, /sdcard/usbStorage/sda1 and /storage/sda1, I can read and write files, it doesn't show up under Settings > Storage, and I can't select it in Google Play Music. I'm assuming something like the Meenova would show the exact same issue.

Anyone know why this is a Nexus issue? Anyone know where the sdcard is mounted on working devices? Has anyone used a ROM that works with Google Music and OTG?
22nd May 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #2  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 221

2,193 posts
More
I believe devices that come with SD cards have other settings changed in their version to indicate there is a space for external storage while our device just has software or custom roms that mount these devices. settings like that won't work for play music, camera etc
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
google play music, mount, nexus, otg, sdcard
Previous Thread Next Thread