Ask a question

No registration required

Skype sound output problem

OP Hrvoje

30th September 2011, 05:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
All the Skype video calls I was making used to be outputting their sound over the phone speakers. Recently, however, this seems to have changed. The sound is now only outputted via the earpiece, and I do not seem to be able to find the cause of the change, nor how to change it back. There is no speaker toggle button. Makes the video calling fairly cumbersome, since I have to put on the headphones (or Bluetooth), and cannot have a couple of people take part in the call at my end. The recent upgrade (2.5) did not correct the problem. What is annoying is that it was working OK before. I am just not sure before what. Any ideas anybody? Android 2.3.4 (stock HTC/T-Mobile), Skype is most recent stock version.
Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App
30th September 2011, 11:09 AM   |  #2  
Flag Swansea
Thanks Meter: 113

1,703 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrvoje

All the Skype video calls I was making used to be outputting their sound over the phone speakers. Recently, however, this seems to have changed. The sound is now only outputted via the earpiece, and I do not seem to be able to find the cause of the change, nor how to change it back. There is no speaker toggle button. Makes the video calling fairly cumbersome, since I have to put on the headphones (or Bluetooth), and cannot have a couple of people take part in the call at my end. The recent upgrade (2.5) did not correct the problem. What is annoying is that it was working OK before. I am just not sure before what. Any ideas anybody? Android 2.3.4 (stock HTC/T-Mobile), Skype is most recent stock version.
Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

try viber.
30th September 2011, 01:28 PM   |  #3  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 47

257 posts
More
I just used this like 2hrs ago, Toggle the mic button. I thinks it's a red icon, I've had this problem before. If not then try clearing the data. Let's us know.
9th October 2011, 10:01 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
Switching to another tool (viber) is not an option - it would take me less time to re-code Skype from scratch myself than to get my parents on a different program.
This is still an issue. The only way I am able to work around it is to quickly plug in my earphones and the unplug them. That seems to force skype to switch to the speaker away from the earpiece. I guess I'll have to deal with this until a future version takes care of it (hopefully).
1st December 2011, 07:12 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 11

103 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrvoje

Switching to another tool (viber) is not an option - it would take me less time to re-code Skype from scratch myself than to get my parents on a different program.
This is still an issue. The only way I am able to work around it is to quickly plug in my earphones and the unplug them. That seems to force skype to switch to the speaker away from the earpiece. I guess I'll have to deal with this until a future version takes care of it (hopefully).

I have the excact same issue on mY Sensation. Seems to be a bug...
1st December 2011, 07:21 PM   |  #6  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 103

1,077 posts
More
It's a Skype bug. Not the phone.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium
18th February 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #7  
Flag Antalya
Thanks Meter: 4

124 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by secano

It's a Skype bug. Not the phone.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

i wish you had right about that but as i learn from developers it's about kernel and if anyone will fix this then it's have to be a developer. if i found a solution then i let you know.
18th February 2014, 01:06 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 374

579 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by agsalman

i wish you had right about that but as i learn from developers it's about kernel and if anyone will fix this then it's have to be a developer. if i found a solution then i let you know.

You just woke up a 2011 thread
18th February 2014, 01:47 PM   |  #9  
Flag Antalya
Thanks Meter: 4

124 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark376

You just woke up a 2011 thread

my problem still fresh and thanks for link.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread