Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 54,675 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Skype sound output problem

Tip us?

Hrvoje
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Skype sound output problem

All the Skype video calls I was making used to be outputting their sound over the phone speakers. Recently, however, this seems to have changed. The sound is now only outputted via the earpiece, and I do not seem to be able to find the cause of the change, nor how to change it back. There is no speaker toggle button. Makes the video calling fairly cumbersome, since I have to put on the headphones (or Bluetooth), and cannot have a couple of people take part in the call at my end. The recent upgrade (2.5) did not correct the problem. What is annoying is that it was working OK before. I am just not sure before what. Any ideas anybody? Android 2.3.4 (stock HTC/T-Mobile), Skype is most recent stock version.
Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

jigners
Old
Thanks Meter 113

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrvoje View Post
All the Skype video calls I was making used to be outputting their sound over the phone speakers. Recently, however, this seems to have changed. The sound is now only outputted via the earpiece, and I do not seem to be able to find the cause of the change, nor how to change it back. There is no speaker toggle button. Makes the video calling fairly cumbersome, since I have to put on the headphones (or Bluetooth), and cannot have a couple of people take part in the call at my end. The recent upgrade (2.5) did not correct the problem. What is annoying is that it was working OK before. I am just not sure before what. Any ideas anybody? Android 2.3.4 (stock HTC/T-Mobile), Skype is most recent stock version.
Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App
try viber.
HTC Touch HD - Blackstone
HTC HD2 - Leo
HTC Desire - Bravo
HTC Sensation - Pyramid
HTC One X - Endeavor

Samsung Galaxy Note2 - current one

picachux
Old
Thanks Meter 47
I just used this like 2hrs ago, Toggle the mic button. I thinks it's a red icon, I've had this problem before. If not then try clearing the data. Let's us know.
OnePlus One 64Gb

Someone stole my potato...

Hrvoje
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Switching to another tool (viber) is not an option - it would take me less time to re-code Skype from scratch myself than to get my parents on a different program.
This is still an issue. The only way I am able to work around it is to quickly plug in my earphones and the unplug them. That seems to force skype to switch to the speaker away from the earpiece. I guess I'll have to deal with this until a future version takes care of it (hopefully).

Goldenrooster
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrvoje View Post
Switching to another tool (viber) is not an option - it would take me less time to re-code Skype from scratch myself than to get my parents on a different program.
This is still an issue. The only way I am able to work around it is to quickly plug in my earphones and the unplug them. That seems to force skype to switch to the speaker away from the earpiece. I guess I'll have to deal with this until a future version takes care of it (hopefully).
I have the excact same issue on mY Sensation. Seems to be a bug...

secano
Old
Thanks Meter 103
It's a Skype bug. Not the phone.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

agsalman
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by secano View Post
It's a Skype bug. Not the phone.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium
i wish you had right about that but as i learn from developers it's about kernel and if anyone will fix this then it's have to be a developer. if i found a solution then i let you know.

Mark376
Old
Thanks Meter 374

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by agsalman View Post
i wish you had right about that but as i learn from developers it's about kernel and if anyone will fix this then it's have to be a developer. if i found a solution then i let you know.
You just woke up a 2011 thread

agsalman
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark376 View Post
You just woke up a 2011 thread
my problem still fresh and thanks for link.