Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] ToDo list or calendar

OP rettignick

28th January 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Aside from the EasyDo smart assistant, is there any widgets I can use with the null rom that basically just present my ToDo list, or a calendar widget that maybe shows 2 or 3 events and when clicked shows the rest? I ask because I constantly find myself writing things on my hand like "bills" so I can remember to do them after work. It would be great if I could dedicate a homescreen to a widget for the same purpose and stop writing on my hand.
29th January 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 14

64 posts
I'm using Google Calendar and Tick Tick on my gear. They both work nicely with syncing via bluetooth tether
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2014-01-28-232438.png
Views:	112
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	2545457   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2014-01-28-231907.png
Views:	107
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	2545458   Click image for larger version

Name:	device-2014-01-28-232506.png
Views:	108
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	2545459  
29th January 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #3  
Flag Chiang Rai
Thanks Meter: 118

583 posts
I use Simple Calendar Widget.
It's scrollable and when you tap an event, it opens in calendar.
A bit fiddly to configure on the Gear, so I set up the layout on the phone and then export and copy to Gear.

I used to always be taking my phone out to check what room I had to be in. Now, I can easily check on my watch

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390953261111.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	2545477  
29th January 2014, 01:08 AM   |  #4  
Flag Chiang Rai

583 posts
A bit fiddly to configure on the Gear, so I set up the layout on the phone and then export and copy to Gear.

I used to always be taking my phone out to check what room I had to be in. Now, I can easily check on my watch

29th January 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 71

486 posts

i use standard google calendar widget with two zooper widgets on top - one to show current temperature and second for battery left.
29th January 2014, 09:15 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 59

335 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlum

Hi can you guide me on how do i install/configure this app to the galaxy gear?do i need to download the .apk and sideload it? Thanks
And also your layout/theme is pretty cool. How did you set it up?
29th January 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #7  
Flag Chiang Rai

583 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by W@r10ck

Hi can you guide me on how do i install/configure this app to the galaxy gear?do i need to download the .apk and sideload it? Thanks

You can either side load it or download via the playstore on the gear.
Once it's installed, you can select a 1x2 widget and configure it how you like in terms of colours, fields to display, font size.

The widget on the top half of the screen is Minimalistic Text widget. I have 1 instance of it with the time and date. And another overlapping instance with just the battery.

There is also the Noticounter widget which I have overlapping everything else.

[edit] As I mentioned, it's easier to setup the widget on your phone and then export it and import it on the Gear. The screen on the Gear is too small and fiddly. That applies to both Simple Calendar and Minimalistic Text [/edit]
Last edited by richlum; 29th January 2014 at 04:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to richlum For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th January 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #8  
Flag Auckland
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
More
Getting calendar apps to sync
I've got calendar apps installed ok, but they don't seem to sync, or at least don't show any meetings. When I open up Today's schedule (the stock gear app) it shows the days appointments fine. How can I get the appointments to show in the non stock apps. I'm running null_19 and had a look through the app settings. The google calendar sync and other calendar apps are set to off. I turned them on, but it killed the battery in about 20 minutes and still didnt seem to sync the meetings.

Its a major gap in the utility of the watch for me, so I'd really appreciate any help or advice. I've trawled all the threads the mention calendar, but I didnt find anything that helped.

Thanks.

Quote:

30th January 2014, 02:24 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 59

335 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by richlum

You can either side load it or download via the playstore on the gear.
Once it's installed, you can select a 1x2 widget and configure it how you like in terms of colours, fields to display, font size.

The widget on the top half of the screen is Minimalistic Text widget. I have 1 instance of it with the time and date. And another overlapping instance with just the battery.

There is also the Noticounter widget which I have overlapping everything else.

[edit] As I mentioned, it's easier to setup the widget on your phone and then export it and import it on the Gear. The screen on the Gear is too small and fiddly. That applies to both Simple Calendar and Minimalistic Text [/edit]

I have installed the app both on the phone and gear.How did you make this as your main clock?are you rooted and using other Rom?im sorry im a bit confused Does it sync?since i need to export then import it.im just confused on how does synching works.Thanks :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdlejade

i use standard google calendar widget with two zooper widgets on top - one to show current temperature and second for battery left.

How do you set this up on the gear?
30th January 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 71

486 posts
Quote:

How do you set this up on the gear?

install google calendar, add widget, resize it. now add 2 new widgets in zooper and choose it to display current temperature and battery left..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread