Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,741 Members 47,049 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Features of android 4.4 kitkat

Tip us?

ksguptalive
Old
(Last edited by ksguptalive; 31st December 2013 at 01:14 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Thumbs up Features of android 4.4 kitkat

since cyanogenmod 11 is released and it has android kitkat so here are the new features incorporated in android 4.4 kitkat
(android 4.4 is optimized for improving the performance on devices with 512 MB RAM or less.The entire UI is going to get smoother.)
1.UI improvement and redesign in apps-the apps like email and downloads are streamlined.the status and navigation bars go translucent.
2.improvement in google now-google now is 25% more accurate and will give u precise results with ur questions.cards for local shopping have been added.
3.SMS app is a part of hangouts-with hangouts u get three options- SMSs, MMSs and GTalk chats.emoji icons are incorporated in stock keyboard.
4.CALLER ID gets smarter-priority will be given to contacts with whom u talk the most.local listing on google maps will be used for recognizing numbers.
5.quickoffice default app for document reading and editing-quickoffice is integrated with android 4.4 just as iWork suite in apple devices.
6.voice control is always on-android kitkat incorporates always-on voice control that allows users to send text messages, locate places on google maps, play songs.
7.SCREEN RECORDER-u get to record anything u do on ur phone and save it in mp4 format.it is very useful for creating tutorials.
8.addition for support of cloud printing-the new version of android adds support for cloud printing.the limitation is that google cloud Print function is limited to the HP ePrint range and printers that have apps in the play store marketplace.
9.step counting-fitness freaks rejoice! Android 4.4 comes with a function called Moves that operates as a pedometer that counts your steps. google says this is a battery friendly way to measure your daily activity level.
SOURCE-TOI
The Following User Says Thank You to ksguptalive For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Charles Augusto
Old
Thanks Meter 3
ART is also one of the novelties of the new android

mhmod222
Old
Thanks Meter 10
could you post the link of this rom
because i have kitkat but it hasn't step counter or screen capture

Soit77a
Old
Thanks Meter 6
MACLAW rules

fifo171
Old
Thanks Meter 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soit77a View Post
MACLAW rules
Oh, come on...
Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 i8160P
running CM11 by TeamCanjica
The Following User Says Thank You to fifo171 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soit77a View Post
MACLAW rules
Now you will se how he rules. You will get 10 updates per week - but non of them will fix some major bug.

All of them will be: sources update, some speed tweaks etc, etc... Mark my words.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shut_down For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr.xD97
Old
Thanks Meter 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down View Post
Now you will se how he rules. You will get 10 updates per week - but non of them will fix some major bug.

All of them will be: sources update, some speed tweaks etc, etc... Mark my words.
no with any new build, there will be new bugs...
Member of TEAM P8

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU IN ANY WAY,
PLEASE CLICK THANKS

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.xD97 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.xD97 View Post
no with any new build, there will be new bugs...

Mr.xD97
Old
Thanks Meter 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by shut_down View Post
Member of TEAM P8

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU IN ANY WAY,
PLEASE CLICK THANKS

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.xD97 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sandidonk
Old
Thanks Meter 11
What is the function of ART?

[ sent from my mind ]