Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,840 Members 40,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[LB][TWRP 2.6.0.0][CWM 6.0.3.2] ZRDualRecovery

Tip us?

itandy
Old
(Last edited by itandy; 16th January 2014 at 04:10 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,045
Default [LB][TWRP 2.6.0.0][CWM 6.0.3.2] ZRDualRecovery

Again I'm not the dev of these custom recovery. Just that I pack them together and modified a theme to work with our ZR phone.

Installation procedure:
1. Just unzip lockeddualrecovery2.6.0-RELEASE.windows.zip in your PC and run either supersu.bat or superuser.bat.
2. After all files are installed, your phone should reboot automatically into CWM.
3. If you're unable to see CWM and your phone just reboot normally to Android, then you might be suffering from remount-reboot issue. Just run the fix for remount-reboot first.

How to enter CWM/TWRP:
1. During a reboot, when the LED turns green, press VOL-UP for CWM or VOL-DOWN for TWRP. The LED will then turn purple before entering the selected custom recovery.

How to apply the proper theme in TWRP to fix UI issue:
1. Copy the TWRP_theme_720_play.zip into /sdcard/TWRP/theme and rename it as ui.zip

How to restore stock recovery
1. Delete the following files:
/system/bin/recovery.twrp.cpio.lzma (or .tar)
/system/bin/recovery.cwm.cpio.lzma (or .tar)
/system/bin/charger
/system/bin/ric
/system/bin/chargemon
/system/bin/dualrecovery.sh
2. Inside /system/bin/ rename chargemon.stock to chargemon
3. Change permission for chargemon (chmod 755 chargemon)

Credits:
- Team Win for TWRP
- ClockWorkMod for CWM
- z31s1g for the beautiful Holofied theme. I only rescaled some images and edit the xml for 720p display.
My phone
Sony Xperia ZR | Rooted Stock ROM 4.4.2 | Stock kernel | Dual CWM/TWRP recovery | Samsung 32GB UHS-I

HTC Incredible S | Blackrose 2.02 HBOOT | 4EXT Touch | CM11 VivoKat | TESCO Kernel 3.0.101 | 3831.18.00.28 radio | SanDisk Ultra UHS-I 32GB

My work
Photo Frame&Grid Widget | Android Phone Vibrator - Xposed | Ringer & Notification Volume Unlink in ICS/JB - Xposed | Notification Direct Launcher - Xposed | Xperia Stamina LED - Xposed | Xperia/AOSP NavBar Buttons - Xposed
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to itandy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

shteren
Old
Thanks Meter 99
excuse me for my ignorance noobish question, but why do we need a dual boot recovery? whats special about twrp if we already have a fine working cwm? or perhaps if one prefers twrp why whould be need both?

itandy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by shteren View Post
excuse me for my ignorance noobish question, but why do we need a dual boot recovery? whats special about twrp if we already have a fine working cwm? or perhaps if one prefers twrp why whould be need both?
This is actually a valid question. Personally, I prefer to use TWRP since it's touch based and support more functions. Maybe someone does need CWM for some reasons.
My phone
Sony Xperia ZR | Rooted Stock ROM 4.4.2 | Stock kernel | Dual CWM/TWRP recovery | Samsung 32GB UHS-I

HTC Incredible S | Blackrose 2.02 HBOOT | 4EXT Touch | CM11 VivoKat | TESCO Kernel 3.0.101 | 3831.18.00.28 radio | SanDisk Ultra UHS-I 32GB

My work
Photo Frame&Grid Widget | Android Phone Vibrator - Xposed | Ringer & Notification Volume Unlink in ICS/JB - Xposed | Notification Direct Launcher - Xposed | Xperia Stamina LED - Xposed | Xperia/AOSP NavBar Buttons - Xposed
The Following User Says Thank You to itandy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anthonythangaraj
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Working fine on Xperia ZR C5502 67 Firmware & able to use TWRP recovery

njsdante
Old
(Last edited by njsdante; 8th October 2013 at 05:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonythangaraj View Post
Working fine on Xperia ZR C5502 67 Firmware & able to use TWRP recovery
CWM part is working fine but fail to fix ui issue on TWRP part.
Copying the ui.zip to sdcard/TWRP/theme not solved the problem.
Can someone help me to fix this.

PS. Xperia ZR C5502 with C5503 10.1.1.A.1.310 firmware.

itandy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsdante View Post
CWM part is working fine but fail to fix ui issue on TWRP part.
Copying the ui.zip to sdcard/TWRP/theme not solved the problem.
Can someone help me to fix this.

PS. Xperia ZR C5502 with C5503 10.1.1.A.1.310 firmware.
Are you using the INTERNAL SD card to store the ui.zip?

What do you see in TWRP? Similar to the Holofied them in this link?
My phone

My work

njsdante
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by itandy View Post
Are you using the INTERNAL SD card to store the ui.zip?

What do you see in TWRP? Similar to the Holofied them in this link?
TWRP folder is on internal sd card so i copy the ui.zip into internal sd/TWRP/theme.

But when i entering into TWRP mode, i can only see the partial screen which contain install, wipe and backup buttons in big icon.
And no way to get out of recovery mode except removing the battery.

itandy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsdante View Post
TWRP folder is on internal sd card so i copy the ui.zip into internal sd/TWRP/theme.

But when i entering into TWRP mode, i can only see the partial screen which contain install, wipe and backup buttons in big icon.
And no way to get out of recovery mode except removing the battery.
So it seems TWRP is unable to read the theme file. Can you check if your ui.zip file is corrupted?

MD5 checksum is: 20B934657DB6E7F19E9D603DA7529B35
My phone

My work

gmengass
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Default FXP compatible?

Does this work with FXP?

itandy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmengass View Post
Does this work with FXP?
Actually I don't know. Please report back if you have answer.
My phone

My work