ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

How do I set Google Maps to use metric measurements?

OP wocko1

23rd May 2010, 05:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 0

98 posts
More
How do I set Google Maps to use metric measurements?
I can't find any setting for it. We don't use primitive measurements here in Oz and any help will be appreciated
-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App
23rd May 2010, 09:06 AM   |  #2  
Flag London

103 posts
More
Re: How do I set Google Maps to use metric measurements?
This is a problem with maps in general. Its.the same on a pc. Google use your location to set the type of units . Is it the same on your pc?

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App
25th June 2010, 03:48 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Sydney

98 posts
More
Still no go, also tried setting the locale, and still doesn't work. Does anyone who have an android phone, show distances in metric, when you use the ruler tool, and also touching a point on a street to bring up the info?

Driving directions are in KM though, everything else is in miles.
31st July 2010, 02:44 AM   |  #4  

27 posts
Bump for great JUSTICE!!!!
19th August 2010, 03:11 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Sydney

98 posts
More
So far Google Maps 4.4 is out and THERE IS STILL NO WAY TO SET IT TO METRIC! I really can't believe it. I used MoreLocale2 to change it to en-AU, still STONE AGE measurements, but when I set it to a non-English language, it shows in metric.

Seriously, does anyone know how to fix this? I've searched everywhere. It has happened in both the default Telstra 2.1, and also the WWE Froyo official ROM.

I seriously feel sorry for fellow Aussies, Kiwis, Singaporeans, Canadians and any other English speaking country who uses metric measurements, who are forced to live with this stupid oversight.

Sorry, but it's just plain annoying.
19th August 2010, 03:30 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,191

13,517 posts
More
Miles and yards ftw!!!

Aren't car speedos in Oz in MPH?? Thought they were...EDIT: No, you're backwards on KMH
21st August 2010, 11:28 AM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag Sydney

98 posts
More
No Aussie cars have their speedometers in km/h, and we ditched MPH back in 1974. All road signs including speed limits are in metric. Plus I grew up with metric measurements too.

Backwards? Pah. How many feet in a yard? How many yards to a mile?
Better yet how many countries use caveman measurements? I count four. The Poms, The Yanks, Liberians, and Burmese.

Now let's stop trolling and get back on the rails please?

Does anyone have a fix for my problem? My phone is already rooted if thats any help.

cheers

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
22nd August 2010, 10:22 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Flag Sydney

98 posts
More
BUMP! I take it you just can't do it?
30th October 2010, 02:40 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag Sydney

98 posts
More
Well the new version of maps are out but still no fix. I can't seem to force the maps app to en-au to try and set the damn thing to metric as it defaults to en-gb. I did manage to get rid of the American terminology in Places at least but it still measures in miles.

I wish someone would help, surely there has to be someone who would know or even tried instead of cocky people who hasn't been or lived outside of the UK or US and give me smartarse comments.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
23rd October 2011, 02:22 PM   |  #10  
OP Member
Flag Sydney

98 posts
More
Hard to believe that no one has an answer. My Galaxy S2 shows it correctly in km where my Xoom shows it in miles. Googling gave nothing and still couldn't find an answer

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread