- Flashtool 0.9.13 by @Androxyde
- XZDualRecovery 2.7.76 BETA or newer.
- Current rooted FW version: 14.2.A.0.290 .
- SuperSU integrated in system, FULL ROOT!
- XZDualRecovery 2.7.80 BETA (CWM & PhilZ Touch & TWRP) pre-installed;
- init.d support (read how to enable)
- For both locked and unlocked bootloaders!
In the following guide I suggest you use an external SDCard but that's just good practice, you can use your internal storage or even an USB OTG storage device in TWRP if you like to install, that's no problem!... If you are modding and the likes, best is to have an external sdcard, just for safeties sake.
If you are unable to download torrent files directly, have http://zbigz.com/ do it for you!
How to update to 14.2.A.1.136:
- For C6902: Download C6902_14.2.A.1.136.flashable.zip (Bittorrent: 926MB) and C6902_14.2.A.1.136_Stripped.ftf (21MB)
- For C6903: Download C6903_14.2.A.1.136.flashable.zip (Bittorrent: 806MB) and C6903_14.2.A.1.136_Stripped.ftf (21MB)
- For C6906: Download C6906_14.2.A.1.136.flashable.zip (Bittorrent: 872MB) and C6906_14.2.A.1.136_Stripped.ftf (21MB)
- For C6943: Download C6943_14.2.A.1.136.flashable.zip (Bittorrent: 889MB) and C6943_14.2.A.1.136_Stripped.ftf (21MB)
- Put 'C69XX_14.2.A.1.136.flashable.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
- Put 'C69XX_14.2.A.1.136_Stripped.ftf' inside the Flashtool/firmwares folder;
- Create a backup of your phone in TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard' (the internal storage!);
- Flash 'C69XX_14.2.A.1.136.flashable.zip' in TWRP;
NOTE: do not reboot but go back to the main menu, then go to reboot->power off;
- Flash everything in 'C69XX_14.2.A.1.136_Stripped.ftf' using flashtool;
- Reboot to system.
The first boot will be slow and after some time at the boot animation you will see Android start optimizing the apps on your phone.
To be able to use this ROM without any special tweaking, download C6903_14.2.A.1.136_kernel.img and
fastboot flash boot C6903_14.2.A.1.136_kernel.img
It is a kernel repack, with only one change. To confirm you are running this kernel, check if the file '/nuts_repack' exists.
DE-ODEX your ROM!
- Make sure you have the flashable ROM installed before you do this.
- Download C6903_14.2.A.1.136_deodex.zip (Bittorrent: 412MB), save it somewhere you remember;
- Put 'C6903_14.2.A.1.136_deodex.zip' on (the external) SDcard1;
- Create a backup of your phone in CWM or TWRP and don't forget to backup the contents of 'SDCard0';
- Flash 'C6903_14.2.A.1.136_deodex.zip' in recovery, do not reboot but go back to the main menu;
- Clear dalvik-cache ONLY;
- Reboot to system.
The first boot after flashing this you will see Android optimizing the apps on your phone, this might take a while... but should be just fine
Known XZDualRecovery Issues:
Busybox Updater/Installer: If you have XZDualRecovery installed, un-install any Busybox updating app/tool as most if not all of them will install a version of busybox which does not support the lzma compression applets XZDualRecovery depends on. The version installed together with XZDualRecovery is very stable and I have yet to hear anyone complain about it's stability.
How to report errors:
Please, before shouting out "It doesn't work!!1!" or "I lost root!" or even "My phone reboots when remounting /system RW!!" try the following:
- Restore any JB 4.2.2 FTF using any means you are familiar with so you can try again.
- Root it using any means you are familiar with.
- Install XZDualRecovery;
- Update to 14.2.A.0.290;
- Then try to update again using TWRP.
- If it still fails something from there on: LOGS!!.
NOTE: The important ones can be found in /cache/recovery and in /sdcard1/XZDualRecovery, pack them up and send them to me or attach them to your bug report.
[STOCK][C69XX][4.3] Update to 14.2.A.1.136 [Root & XZDR][LB/UB][DE-/ODEX], a ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1
ROM OS Version: 4.3.x Jellybean
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 14.2.A.0.290
Based On: STOCK
Stable Release Date: 2014-01-31
Last Updated 2014-02-01