Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,959 Members 43,917 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Blocking guarddad off on my phone

Tip us?

eric13742
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Blocking guarddad off on my phone

Hey guy, so my mom is super protective and all this junk and im 16 years old and a guy im not that bad of a kid so theres no need for this plus a total invasion of privacy. They bought this thing its called guarddad for 70$ ! and they dont know i know about it. but it sees all text incoming and out, if i take a pic from my camera they can see it all call logs internet and all this crazy ****. i want it off or blocked, i want my phone on total lockdown with full privacy i have a sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 rooted. Please help

metalfan78
Old
(Last edited by metalfan78; 27th January 2014 at 08:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1461
I had to Google it to find it, it's an interesting program. This isn't going to be what you want to hear, but it seems she is looking out for you. Moms do that, all through life. With all of the horrible things online she is worried about you. My suggestion, instead of going behind her back, is to talk with her about it. I don't think you will get the help you were expecting from this place. XDA is for development, not hacking.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to metalfan78 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr. Struck
Old
Thanks Meter 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfan78 View Post
I had to Google it to find it, it's an interesting program. This isn't going to be what you want to hear, but it seems she is looking out for you. Moms do that, all through life. With all of the horrible things online she is worried about you. My suggestion, instead of going behind her back, is to talk with her about it. I'm don't think you will get the help you were expecting from this place. XDA is for development, not hacking.
+1

billard412
Old
Thanks Meter 1991

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfan78 View Post
I had to Google it to find it, it's an interesting program. This isn't going to be what you want to hear, but it seems she is looking out for you. Moms do that, all through life. With all of the horrible things online she is worried about you. My suggestion, instead of going behind her back, is to talk with her about it. I don't think you will get the help you were expecting from this place. XDA is for development, not hacking.
That's sounds a little over-protective to me. Even texts I understand but pictures? That's a little invasive. Anyway, think u could provide a link? I couldn't find what he was referring to.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to billard412 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

metalfan78
Old
Thanks Meter 1461
It's actually called DadGuard. It is invasive, that's why I suggested he needs to talk to them about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to metalfan78 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

billard412
Old
(Last edited by billard412; 28th January 2014 at 03:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1991

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric13742 View Post
Hey guy, so my mom is super protective and all this junk and im 16 years old and a guy im not that bad of a kid so theres no need for this plus a total invasion of privacy. They bought this thing its called guarddad for 70$ ! and they dont know i know about it. but it sees all text incoming and out, if i take a pic from my camera they can see it all call logs internet and all this crazy ****. i want it off or blocked, i want my phone on total lockdown with full privacy i have a sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 rooted. Please help
Not saying talking to your parents is a bad idea. But if you want to go the behind their back route download this and flash in custom recovery. Dadguard will be nonexistent after
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dadguard-remover.zip - [Click for QR Code] (151.9 KB, 9 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to billard412 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kevets
Old
Thanks Meter 100
If I found out my kid removed whatever tracker I put on her phone, that would be the end of that device.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kevets For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

metalfan78
Old
Thanks Meter 1461
You work fast billard, lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to metalfan78 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vwags
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevets View Post
If I found out my kid removed whatever tracker I put on her phone, that would be the end of that device.
As a parent worried about his kids I agree completely. My kids know I look. My bill my device. I let you use it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

eric13742
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
shes way to protective as you like to call it. im 16 i can take care of myself. is she wants to see my phone fine, but going through it like that behind my back is way to much. she has my passwords as well for most things. i cant change it or my phone is taken away. she wouldnt want me doing that to her same for me. i really need some help with this