Post Reply

[Q] Blocking guarddad off on my phone

OP eric13742

27th January 2014, 06:00 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Hey guy, so my mom is super protective and all this junk and im 16 years old and a guy im not that bad of a kid so theres no need for this plus a total invasion of privacy. They bought this thing its called guarddad for 70$ ! and they dont know i know about it. but it sees all text incoming and out, if i take a pic from my camera they can see it all call logs internet and all this crazy ****. i want it off or blocked, i want my phone on total lockdown with full privacy i have a sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 rooted. Please help
27th January 2014, 01:53 PM   |  #2  
metalfan78's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Littleton, CO
Thanks Meter: 1,753
 
3,985 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
I had to Google it to find it, it's an interesting program. This isn't going to be what you want to hear, but it seems she is looking out for you. Moms do that, all through life. With all of the horrible things online she is worried about you. My suggestion, instead of going behind her back, is to talk with her about it. I don't think you will get the help you were expecting from this place. XDA is for development, not hacking.
Last edited by metalfan78; 27th January 2014 at 08:50 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to metalfan78 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #3  
Mr. Struck's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Longmont, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 295
 
395 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfan78

I had to Google it to find it, it's an interesting program. This isn't going to be what you want to hear, but it seems she is looking out for you. Moms do that, all through life. With all of the horrible things online she is worried about you. My suggestion, instead of going behind her back, is to talk with her about it. I'm don't think you will get the help you were expecting from this place. XDA is for development, not hacking.

+1
27th January 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalfan78

I had to Google it to find it, it's an interesting program. This isn't going to be what you want to hear, but it seems she is looking out for you. Moms do that, all through life. With all of the horrible things online she is worried about you. My suggestion, instead of going behind her back, is to talk with her about it. I don't think you will get the help you were expecting from this place. XDA is for development, not hacking.

That's sounds a little over-protective to me. Even texts I understand but pictures? That's a little invasive. Anyway, think u could provide a link? I couldn't find what he was referring to.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to billard412 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 09:27 PM   |  #5  
metalfan78's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Littleton, CO
Thanks Meter: 1,753
 
3,985 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
It's actually called DadGuard. It is invasive, that's why I suggested he needs to talk to them about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to metalfan78 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 10:57 PM   |  #6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric13742

Hey guy, so my mom is super protective and all this junk and im 16 years old and a guy im not that bad of a kid so theres no need for this plus a total invasion of privacy. They bought this thing its called guarddad for 70$ ! and they dont know i know about it. but it sees all text incoming and out, if i take a pic from my camera they can see it all call logs internet and all this crazy ****. i want it off or blocked, i want my phone on total lockdown with full privacy i have a sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 rooted. Please help

Not saying talking to your parents is a bad idea. But if you want to go the behind their back route download this and flash in custom recovery. Dadguard will be nonexistent after
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dadguard-remover.zip - [Click for QR Code] (151.9 KB, 9 views)
Last edited by billard412; 28th January 2014 at 03:17 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to billard412 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 11:20 PM   |  #7  
Kevets's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 102
 
491 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
If I found out my kid removed whatever tracker I put on her phone, that would be the end of that device.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kevets For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #8  
metalfan78's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Littleton, CO
Thanks Meter: 1,753
 
3,985 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
You work fast billard, lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to metalfan78 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th January 2014, 12:55 AM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 59
 
329 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevets

If I found out my kid removed whatever tracker I put on her phone, that would be the end of that device.

As a parent worried about his kids I agree completely. My kids know I look. My bill my device. I let you use it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
28th January 2014, 02:37 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
shes way to protective as you like to call it. im 16 i can take care of myself. is she wants to see my phone fine, but going through it like that behind my back is way to much. she has my passwords as well for most things. i cant change it or my phone is taken away. she wouldnt want me doing that to her same for me. i really need some help with this

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes