CM11-M3 (ART) mini review
I'm on M3 (milestone) build of CM11 and here's my super short review for ppl who are contemplating to flash this and use ART runtime.
- Make sure you use BaNKs gapps, the CM gapps and PA gapps have problems when using ART runtime.
- PA gapps will cause Maps force close on google now (when you pull down to update)
- Enable ART runtime well before you start installing other apps.
- If you use Exchange PIN disable mod from xposed and cannot live without it (like me) heres the trick.. as soon as you flash, install xposed - enble the framework - reboot - install exchange pin disable v 1.6 - enable module and reboot. Now uninstall xposed framework (there is a button inside xposed app to do this - this step is very important without doing this and just removing the app wont help) and optionally uninstall the xposed app too. This will retain the pin disabling and you can now revert to ART, and you will not be auto changed to dalvik as xposed is no longer installed.
- ART is friggin awesome.. overall fluidity is very very good and i have been getting amazing battery life.. see attached screenshot, more than a day with 30% still left (couple of cycles after i did battery calibration). Data/Sync/GPS Always ON and network in LTE-preferred mode
- RAM usage seems to be better, almost 150-200MB lesser on average (with same amount of apps)
CM11-M3 as such doesnt have the problems of M2, where the device stops/shuts-down sometime and you have to hold the power key to boot again - this problem seems to be fixed. Another improvement is that the device runs much less hot compared to M2.
If you want to use ART and need a daily driver : CM11-M3+BanksGapps is the way to go for E970