Thanks Meter 41
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Orlando, Florida
How to use LGNPST on Windows 8
1. Install LGUnitedMobileDriver_S4981MAN38AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3. 8.1 (LG USB Drivers)
2. Install LGNPSTv1.3_Lab_Verison_RightClickReg (LGNPST)
3. Install LGNPST_GenericModels_Ver_5_0_12_0 (LGNPST Generic Modules)
4. Install LGNPST_Components_Ver_5_0_20_0 (LGNPST Components)
5. Copy the Models folder to C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\
6. Start a command prompt as admin
7. Type regsvr32 "C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST\Models\LGNPST_LS970.dll"
8. Download the proper .tot file for your phone
9. Rename .tot to .bin
10. Open LGNPST
11. Select the LGNPST_LS970.dll and your .bin file
12. Press Start
If LGNPST errors out at 85%, turn your phone off and hold the power button until the phone powers on, then release.
I pulled this from PhantomPhreak53's readme when you download the files from his LGNPST zip.
Pretty much, when you get to step 6 and your being asked to start CMD as admin, just move your mouse over to the right hand corner to search, click on search and then type in CMD. When you type in CMD, Command Prompt will show up, right click and run as admin. After you do that, Regsvr will work. Continue following those steps and you should get in.
If you have any further issues, like when you open up LGNPST and nothing shows up. Make sure your phone is in download mode and if it is, go to TOOL and then Load Serial Ports.
You shouldn't have any issues from there on out. If you do, I invite you to come join us in the LG Optimus G channel.
To do that, Simply...
1. CLICK HERE
2. Pick a nickname suitable to you.
3. Make this your channel #lg-optimus-g
4. Fill out the capcha and your in.
Look forward to seeing everyone!