5,593,248 Members 32,381 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Kies Air Application Blocked For Security?

Tip us?
 
dave1977nj
Old
(Last edited by dave1977nj; 29th January 2014 at 03:09 AM.)
#1  
dave1977nj's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 292
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Question [Q] Kies Air Application Blocked For Security?

I'm running I747UCUEMJB 4.3 On my Galaxy S III. Kies Air PC application to latest version. Sun java latest version and flash player latest version. I am getting this error when trying to login thru my broswer, Have tried chrome,IE, and Firefox. Any help would be appreciated.

java.security.cert.CertificateRevokedException: Certificate has been revoked, reason: CESSATION_OF_OPERATION, revocation date: Mon Jan 27 19:35:15 EST 2014, authority: CN=VeriSign Class 3 Code Signing 2010 CA, OU=Terms of use at https://www.verisign.com/rpa (c)10, OU=VeriSign Trust Network, O="VeriSign, Inc.", C=US, extensions: {}
at com.sun.deploy.security.RevocationChecker.checkOCS P(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.RevocationChecker.check(Un known Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.TrustDecider.checkRevocati onStatus(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.TrustDecider.getValidation State(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.TrustDecider.validateChain (Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.TrustDecider.isAllPermissi onGranted(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.isTrustedByT rustDecider(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.getTrustedCo deSources(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.CPCallbackHandler$ParentCa llback.strategy(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.CPCallbackHandler$ParentCa llback.openClassPathElement(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$JarLoad er.getJarFile(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$JarLoad er.access$1000(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$JarLoad er$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$JarLoad er.ensureOpen(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$JarLoad er.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath$3.run(U nknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath.getLoad er(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath.getLoad er(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.deploy.security.DeployURLClassPath.getReso urce(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader$1.run(Unknow n Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.findClassHel per(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Un known Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(U nknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Un known Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(U nknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Un known Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Un known Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unk nown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.initAppletAdapte r(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionR unnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)




 
rshabsin
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Kies Air Blocked for Security

You're probably getting this error when you're launching the Kies Air Discovery Service. Don't use that. Just start Kies Air on your mobile device and enter the URL in your browser as instructed. (I had the same problem as you, but then discovered there's no need to use the Kies Air Discovery Service.)
 
dave1977nj
Old
#3  
dave1977nj's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 292
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rshabsin View Post
You're probably getting this error when you're launching the Kies Air Discovery Service. Don't use that. Just start Kies Air on your mobile device and enter the URL in your browser as instructed. (I had the same problem as you, but then discovered there's no need to use the Kies Air Discovery Service.)
I uninstalled Kies from my PC still does the same thing.
 
dave1977nj
Old
(Last edited by dave1977nj; 31st January 2014 at 01:51 AM.) Reason: No Fix
#4  
dave1977nj's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 292
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Found a the fix for it. Anyone who uses Norton Internet Security go to settings/network/smart firewall/trust control/local area connection/ (Find the device listed according to the IP Kies air gives you to put into your browser) change the setting to Full Trust or Use Network Trust Shared.

|-----Did not fix the problem-----|
 
MCharlieferret
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1977nj View Post
Found a the fix for it. Anyone who uses Norton Internet Security go to settings/network/smart firewall/trust control/local area connection/ (Find the device listed according to the IP Kies air gives you to put into your browser) change the setting to Full Trust or Use Network Trust Shared.
Not running Norton on my system, so your suggestion does not help me (I do thank you though!!)

It won't run on any of my computers, Win xp Pro, Win 7 Pro, or Win 8.

I get no help from Samsung, in fact, they are dumber than a box of rocks. Verizon is no better....I keep getting, "We will research this issue and call you back tomorrow." I had no problems up until 3 weeks ago.....Kies will not let me download more than 1 image at a time without Java running, but Java tells me my Security certificate has been revoked,, just like stated (and shown) above.

Oh yeah..Verizon's solution is to connect a USB cable and transfer my images that way. What a cop-out for their ignorance of the issue.

Anyone here have any suggestions?

I run WebRoot, Windows Defender, and System Mechanic on all my computers and the server. (Yes, I have turned them all off, Still NO JOY!)

Thanks in advance......

MC
 
dave1977nj
Old
#6  
dave1977nj's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 292
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
I thought it was fixed. Tried again today still getting that error message. WTF? Anyone have suggestions?
 
stephanieh11
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1977nj View Post
I thought it was fixed. Tried again today still getting that error message. WTF? Anyone have suggestions?
"In order to enhance security, the certificate revocation checking feature has been enabled by default starting in Java 7 Update 25"


I'm just some chick who's trying to find answers for someone else having the same issue, and so far this is all I've found. Seems like if your Java is up to date, then this feature is enabled by default now. So its worth trying.

I'm a new user so I can't post links, but I did a simple google search for "certificate has been revoked" and the first link said "How to configure certificate revocation checking from the Java ..."

Hopefully that helps.
 
dave1977nj
Old
(Last edited by dave1977nj; 31st January 2014 at 11:30 PM.)
#8  
dave1977nj's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 292
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieh11 View Post
"In order to enhance security, the certificate revocation checking feature has been enabled by default starting in Java 7 Update 25"


I'm just some chick who's trying to find answers for someone else having the same issue, and so far this is all I've found. Seems like if your Java is up to date, then this feature is enabled by default now. So its worth trying.

I'm a new user so I can't post links, but I did a simple google search for "certificate has been revoked" and the first link said "How to configure certificate revocation checking from the Java ..."

Hopefully that helps.
Thank you for that info. I have now have a real solution to the problem and this will help your friend also.
1. Go to Java control settings.
2. Click the advanced tab.
3. Scroll down until you see "Perform Certificate Revocation Checks" Click on do not check. Hit apply.
4. Close your browser and reopen your url to KIES. You'll be prompted if you want it to run it yes. Fixed!

If changing those settings are a security concern, you should try AirDroid it's on the Play Store. It's free and the user interface is much nicer then KIES.
The Following User Says Thank You to dave1977nj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MCharlieferret
Old
(Last edited by MCharlieferret; 1st February 2014 at 06:25 PM.) Reason: Wrong Info Posted
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default In Addition To The Fix Below........

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1977nj View Post
Thank you for that info. I have now have a real solution to the problem and this will help your friend also.
1. Go to Java control settings.
2. Click the advanced tab.
3. Scroll down until you see "Perform Certificate Revocation Checks" Click on do not check. Hit apply.
4. Close your browser and reopen your url to KIES. You'll be prompted if you want it to run it yes. Fixed!

If changing those settings are a security concern, you should try AirDroid it's on the Play Store. It's free and the user interface is much nicer then KIES.
THAT DID IT!!! (Sorta!) One more thing to add to your very simple and clear information (Thank you BTW) Go to the SECURITY tab in Java and *lower* the security slider down to MEDIUM...

Now I can again, transfer multiple files in KIES AIR!

I wonder why Samsung is so dumb about this very simple fix....

Again...THANK YOU to Dave for getting us back on track!

MC
 
dave1977nj
Old
#10  
dave1977nj's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 121
Posts: 292
Join Date: Aug 2010

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCharlieferret View Post
THAT DID IT!!! (Sorta!) One more thing to add to your very simple and clear information (Thank you BTW) Go to the SECURITY tab in Java and *lower* the security slider down to MEDIUM...

Now I can again, transfer multiple files in KIES AIR!

I wonder why Samsung is so dumb about this very simple fix....

Again...THANK YOU to Dave for getting us back on track!

MC
Your welcome!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...