What Do You Do with All of Your Old Photos?

Smartphone cameras have advanced so tremendously over the past few years that they have … more

Diving into the April 2015 Material Design Update

Before the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, the Holo Design guidelines served as the … more

New Cyanogen Partnerships Bring Privacy Concerns

New Privacy concerns have emerged regarding Cyanogen’s latest announcements, … more

PSA: Google Play Services Wakelock Affects Many 5.x ROMs

Wakelocks are the bane of the battery conscious, and this wakelock bug has been … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Did I brick this phone?

22nd March 2014, 06:59 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
So today I was very foolish and formatted the System folder on an HTC Vivid that had cm-10-20131006-NIGHTLY-holiday installed. Needless to say, I no longer had an operating system . . .

I am still able to go into Recovery (TWRP), and I have successfully reflashed the build of Cyanogenmod. However, after booting, it is always stuck on the loading screen. I do not (and apparently cannot) have USB debugging enabled, so using fastboot or developer tools is out of the question.

What to do? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
 
 
22nd March 2014, 10:18 AM |#2  
arnabbiswasalsodeep's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 168
 
352 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Flash the old rom via recovery

Sent from my A11 using Tapatalk
22nd March 2014, 10:12 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabbiswasalsodeep

Flash the old rom via recovery

Sent from my A11 using Tapatalk

. . . the old ROM? Every time I flash a ROM the operating system becomes stuck on the "Cyanogenmod" loading screen.

Please help.
23rd March 2014, 02:09 AM |#4  
adal5586's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoineDC

. . . the old ROM? Every time I flash a ROM the operating system becomes stuck on the "Cyanogenmod" loading screen.

Please help.

Maybe your CM is stable insufficiently.
Try an more stable ROM.
I was used to use an HTC phone which had this problem.
23rd March 2014, 03:25 AM |#5  
SnowPluralism's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Inside Your Mind
Thanks Meter: 1,395
 
1,677 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Do full wipe.

Phone will boot

Enviado do meu GT-I9300 através de Tapatalk
23rd March 2014, 06:20 AM |#6  
Mohitash's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Panchkula
Thanks Meter: 3,950
 
1,796 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
+1 to above post

Do full wipe/format and make a clean install of a stable one.
24th July 2014, 03:03 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Info 2 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoineDC

So today I was very foolish and formatted the System folder on an HTC Vivid that had cm-10-20131006-NIGHTLY-holiday installed. Needless to say, I no longer had an operating system . . .

I am still able to go into Recovery (TWRP), and I have successfully reflashed the build of Cyanogenmod. However, after booting, it is always stuck on the loading screen. I do not (and apparently cannot) have USB debugging enabled, so using fastboot or developer tools is out of the question.

What to do? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I had a bricked HTC Velocity 4G and fortunately TWRP was still functioning from the Factory Reset Choice of my Boot List. So I tried many, one, the most sucessful, and gave me back full operation except WiFi, was: HOLICS_1.3_official_en_release.zip. it's link is available from this website if you read the forum on HTC Vivid/Raider/Velocity.
I am going to try and get my WiFi working with an Add-In before I completely forget that one? Good luck Amigo. Happy Flashing
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes