[Q] N7100 No Wifi after "Emergency Calls" FIX and WiFi Fix (STOCK 4.3)

Search This thread

psycintosh

Jan 29, 2014
Hello Everybody,

I would like to begin by saying how much I've learned in xda-devs in the last few days just by searching around the forum and Fixing different things here and there.
This is such a great community that I decided to register :)

OK so heres the deal:

Last week i bought a Note-2 (N7100) running Samsung Android 4.1.2 (Israel Version) + Rooted
I wanted to upgrade to 4.3 but 4.3 isn't yet released in Israel according to sammobile.com and other people I asked.
I found a Stock Deodexed Pre-Rooted ROM here on the forums (I think version was MK4), Flashed it, and lost cellular abilities (there is signal but emergency calls only) and WiFi.
Flashed WiFi FIX by Dr. Ketan, and by installing Devil's kernel (Patched_N7100_MK4_KERNEL.zip) and GT-N7100_ModemMJ9.zip I was able to gain 3G Functionality back.

Phone was working great for a few days, but then I decided to upgrade to Dito Note v3.2 because i wanted Note-3 Functionality.
After flashing it, I lost the ability to register to network again, started receiving "UIds on the system are inconsistent " and phone crashed every few minutes, screen stoped working every now and then.

I immediately looked for a different ROM to flash, (couldn't find the original ROM I flashed but i found DrKetan_Custom_ROM_V6_1).
So i wipe the phone, cache, sd-card and everything besides formatting the internal storage, Installed this ROM but still had the same issues with ULDS on the system, phone crashes and display shuts down while phone is still working).

Desperate, I downloaded Stock firmware (With KNOX) and flashed it to my device (I used Odin 3.09 and flashed everything, BL,CP,AP,CSC that was included within the original ROM). this was the Seri-Lanka firmware if I remember right.
This time phone boots without complaining about system files, but got "Emergency calls only" (IMEI and S/N still ok!).
In addition, I now have bootloader with KNOX.

I then thought, maybe the modem version is incompatible with the Cellular frequencies in my country (Israel Freqs: 850,2100), so i looked for countries with similar freq and downloaded official firmware for Thailand.

Flashed it with ODIN (same as before, BL,CP,AP,CSC basically everything) device boots fine, WiFi was working, but couldn't register on network ("emergency calls only") even if you can see your provider while manual scanning, registers successfuly apparently,but still no service.

Fraustrated, I rooted the device (Knox turned 0x1 but it doesn't really matter to me cause no warranty anyway), installed Philiz and flashed the 2 Fixes I mentioned at the begining (Devils kernel + Mj9 modem).

This resolved "Emergency calls only" issue, but now i cannot open WiFi at all!.
I tried to flash WiFi fix that i found in this forums but it didn't work. I've given everything I have in the last 2 days trying to fix this issue but I cant seem to solve this problem.

Now I'm just thankful that I can start/receive phone calls with my device.

I can't seem to understand, how did I not have signal with stock ROM?
could it be EFS was corrupted somehow so that only MJ9 Modem + Devil's Kernel read it?
How can i FIX WiFi?

Included screen-shots of "About Phone" and "*#1234#"

Thanks ahead,

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-29-09-48-53.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-29-09-48-53.png
    33.7 KB · Views: 814
  • Screenshot_2014-01-29-09-48-17.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-29-09-48-17.png
    122.8 KB · Views: 753
Last edited:

psycintosh

Jan 29, 2014
try to flash stock firmware with stock kernel with kies. here you find a guide and let me know if it solved the problem

OK Thanks very much for all of your help.

Does it matter what version of 4.3 I choose to flash via Kies?
In Israel only version 4.1.2 is available and I know that going back from 4.3 most likely will erase my IMEI / S/N.

If i choose a stock rom from SamMobile does it matter what country it comes from?
I don't really understand why are there different modems to different countries, aren't all versions alike?

r0ckside0710

Jan 17, 2014
i have the same problem, and like you, i tried all fixes, but, with nothing solution. I've been thinking that there is no solution, just sell the bad phone and buy a new one, and then no more experience with :crying:

psycintosh

Jan 29, 2014
i have the same problem, and like you, i tried all fixes, but, with nothing solution. I've been thinking that there is no solution, just sell the bad phone and buy a new one, and then no more experience with :crying:

I don't belive in this approach, I know for sure that there is a way.
after re-flashing with Kies and getting "Emergency Calls" again, i tried to flash only the modem, and i saw that i lost connection with cellular but Wi-Fi was still working. only after flashing Devil's kernel it seems that Wi-Fi stops working..

I just got home and i'm not expecting any calls until tomorrow, I will look around maybe an alternative kernel will solve our problems..

r0ckside0710

Jan 17, 2014
I don't belive in this approach, I know for sure that there is a way.
after re-flashing with Kies and getting "Emergency Calls" again, i tried to flash only the modem, and i saw that i lost connection with cellular but Wi-Fi was still working. only after flashing Devil's kernel it seems that Wi-Fi stops working..

I just got home and i'm not expecting any calls until tomorrow, I will look around maybe an alternative kernel will solve our problems..

Maybe we just need the correct kernel and modem, the problem is that no one's development. Another solution would be to discover how to downgrade from 4.3 to 4.1. For now, our only option is to wait for more solutions and development

psycintosh

Jan 29, 2014
Maybe we just need the correct kernel and modem, the problem is that no one's development. Another solution would be to discover how to downgrade from 4.3 to 4.1. For now, our only option is to wait for more solutions and development

OK, so as I promised yesterday, I had the time to dig in to this subject yesterday and I managed to find a solution to get both, WiFi and Cellular working (together!) :)

Here are the steps i took:

1) Installed Stock ROM 4.3 with MK4 as the main and BL version (this will install Knox but i already had it) and modem version MJ9 (Odin 3.09)
2) Root the device with CF-Auto-Root-t03g-t03gxx-gtn7100
3) Install custom Recovery (I used philz_touch_6.07.9-n7100.tar.md5)
4) Very important! After device boots it automatically attempts to perform update with samsung! DO NOT LET IT as it will install updated modem version. it is important that we have MK4 Kernel and MJ9 Modem for this to work.
5) Flash via recovery the following files:
a) Patched_N7100_MK4_KERNEL - This installs a patched Kernel only this time because we didn't let phone update version after boot, it will be compatible with Phones version.
b) GT-N7100_ModemMJ9 - This patches the MJ9 Modem.

After performing all the above steps I finally managed to get Cellular connectivity and WiFi together. Hope it works for other people as well.

I still don't understand why Stock Kernel with Stock MJ9 modem won't work, what do those patches contain that allows me to get connectivity to cellular network?

This device is not black-list and IMEI is still original and S/N but for some reason won't work with stock.

Seems to me like some of the ROMs maybe modify EFS so that only patched Kernel and MJ9 Modem will work and it's not backwards compatible.

Can anyone confirm this? and if so, is there a way to convert the "modified" EFS version to stock compatible version? or is the EFS file encrypted with propriety Samsung encryption?

You can download the referred files here

r0ckside0710

Jan 17, 2014
is good to know that you resolved your problem! Only one question, this is the rom of my country, will serve me? Or that rom should I use? The specifications are from sammobile.com

Model: GT-N7100
Version: Android 4.3
Changelist: 2194881
Build date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 16:04:50 +0000
Product Code: TCE
PDA: N7100UBUEMK4
CSC: N7100TCEEML1
MODEM: N7100UBUEMJ4

psycintosh

Jan 29, 2014
is good to know that you resolved your problem! Only one question, this is the rom of my country, will serve me? Or that rom should I use? The specifications are from sammobile.com

Model: GT-N7100
Version: Android 4.3
Changelist: 2194881
Build date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 16:04:50 +0000
Product Code: TCE
PDA: N7100UBUEMK4
CSC: N7100TCEEML1
MODEM: N7100UBUEMJ4

Hi, as you can see modem version for you is ending with MJ4 so it's not the same as my version.

Look for a version that has modem version ending with MJ9 and then apply the patch (because patch is for MJ9 modem, and not any other modem from my understanding)

Hope you get your device working!!

emoharram

Feb 12, 2014
Cairo
More explanation

1) Installed Stock ROM 4.3 with MK4 as the main and BL version (this will install Knox but i already had it) and modem version MJ9 (Odin 3.09)
4) Very important! After device boots it automatically attempts to perform update with samsung! DO NOT LET IT as it will install updated modem version. it is important that we have MK4 Kernel and MJ9 Modem for this to work.
a) Patched_N7100_MK4_KERNEL - This installs a patched Kernel only this time because we didn't let phone update version after boot, it will be compatible with Phones version.

Hi there, and thanks a lot for your effort, I am really confused about step number 4, I haven't detected any update from Samsung's side, can you please provide more explanation?
Thanks

Reactions: logan_izer10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    More explanation

Hi there, and thanks a lot for your effort, I am really confused about step number 4, I haven't detected any update from Samsung's side, can you please provide more explanation?
    Thanks