Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,266 Members 42,111 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Thunderbolt on PPC with 3g without using CDMAWS paid version

Tip us?

deathrow1993
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Angry HTC Thunderbolt on PPC with 3g without using CDMAWS paid version

Ok everybody, after a few days of tinkering around with the help of many different forums and threads (sorry, i cant possibly start thanking individuals cuz i went through so many threads) i finally got my htc thunderbolt on PPC with 3g working. this is how

1.) remove the 4g sim card (if you have it) from the thunderbolt
2.) aquire all of the drivers you need for the thunderbolt and DM mode (hint, use htc sync)
3.) on the phones dialer dial ##3424# and press send
4.) hit the button that says reboot to modem+diag mode
5.) when your phone is plugged into the computer, has all the drivers installed, and is picked up in the device manager as 2 com ports
A.) The voice, text, and 1x com port is the htc diagnostic
B.) the 3g/4g com port is htc diagnostic 9k
6.) aquire a copy of cdmaws (2.7 is fine, there is a cracked version floating around, just use google no warez links
7.) open up cdmaws and connect to the non 9k port and connect
8.) go to the security tab and input your spc (000000) and click send, should say unlocked
9.) go to the other tab and under R-UIM Config make sure you select NV only then click write
9.) write all your nam settings, mdn, min, sid, nid, imsi and etc etc (other posts here at xda have all the details) repeat for name 2
10.) go to the other tab and under prl make sure it says universal and nam1
11.) click write and locate your pageplus evdo prl file (i used 51720) repeat for nam2
12.) go to the main tab and click disconnect but DO NOT CLOSE CDMAWS!!!!!!!
13.) connect the 9k port and repeat steps 8-12 but dont read, just write (all of your settings should still be on the screen)
14.) close cdmaws after all the settings are written to the phone
15.) find a copy of qpst 2.7 build 366 (again, google is your friend) and install it
16.) open up qpst configuration and click add new port
17.) find your non 9k com port click it once then click ok
18.) at the top go to start clients->service programming
19.) click ok then click read, click ok on the pop up that comes up
20.) go straight to the m.ip tab and create a new profile (or edit the one that shows up if it shows up) make it look like the screenshots i have below
21.) write the profile
22.) go to the PPP config tab and put *your 10 digit page plus phone number*@vzw3g.com for your nai and *your 10 digit phone number*@dun.vzw3g.com for teth. nai. password is vzw for um and an tab.
23.) close service programming and select the com port in configuration and remove it, close qpst configuration
24.) get a copy of dfs tools (demo is perfectly fine)
25.) see screenshots included at bottom of post
26.) make sure you start with the non 9k port, write what you need. and change ports to the 9k port without closing dfs tools, write everything to the 9k port (to be sure i pressed write for everything about 30 times but i may have been a bit excessive
27.) now activate the thunderbolt on your pageplus account by taking the last digit off of the imei number and they'll take it.
28.) insert ANY sim card into the sim card slot (NOT A VERIZON 4G ONE) i used a old nextel one to be honest :P
29.) turn on phone and dial *#*#4636#*#* and click phone information. change to cdma auto (prl) and close out.
30.) make a phone call and BAM 3g picks up and authenticates

Sorry if this guide isnt easy to follow, im not too good with wording things, lol. but it gives enough info for others to help including me.
also make sure under wireless and networks-> mobile networks-> that data roaming is allow for all trips, network mode is cdma only, and system select is automatic b

feel free to post to this thread with any shortcuts, questions, or comments
Attached Files
File Type: zip screenshots.zip - [Click for QR Code] (333.4 KB, 897 views)
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to deathrow1993 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deathrow1993
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Screenshot with 3g

Sent from my thunderbolt on ppc with 3g
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355098129223.jpg
Views:	813
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	1550662  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deathrow1993 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deathrow1993
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Speedtest

Sent from my thunderbolt on ppc with 3g
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1355098729020.jpg
Views:	745
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	1550675  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deathrow1993 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ehsiii
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Thunderbolt 3g

Thanks for the hard work you have done deathrow1993 ,I have been around in circles with this, It looks like you have come up with the answer. I have 2 questions for you.. 1: I have CDMAWS 3.9 a little different from the one you have..You mention go to the other tab and under R-UIM Config make sure you select NV only. In CDMAWS 3.9 the R-UIM config is on the main tap and there is also the button that gives the option of CDMA or CDMA2 or EDVO etc. and another button that gives the option of NAM1 and NAM2 .. Do I write to NAM1 and NAM2 under CDMA and CDMA2 and EDVO?? The last question 2: on the program page of DFS CDMA you have 765 2385692 in several fields is this the phone # thanks for all your work with this. I have had the 1X working for a bit now but getting tired of the slow speeds. Again thanks to you everybody else that has contributed to this... Merry XMAS

deathrow1993
Old
(Last edited by deathrow1993; 20th December 2012 at 09:17 PM.) Reason: missed a question
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehsiii View Post
Thanks for the hard work you have done deathrow1993 ,I have been around in circles with this, It looks like you have come up with the answer. I have 2 questions for you.. 1: I have CDMAWS 3.9 a little different from the one you have..You mention go to the other tab and under R-UIM Config make sure you select NV only. In CDMAWS 3.9 the R-UIM config is on the main tap and there is also the button that gives the option of CDMA or CDMA2 or EDVO etc. and another button that gives the option of NAM1 and NAM2 .. Do I write to NAM1 and NAM2 under CDMA and CDMA2 and EDVO?? The last question 2: on the program page of DFS CDMA you have 765 2385692 in several fields is this the phone # thanks for all your work with this. I have had the 1X working for a bit now but getting tired of the slow speeds. Again thanks to you everybody else that has contributed to this... Merry XMAS
Thats my cell phone number. Forgot to edit the pictures i guess. If you have cdmaws 3.9 and its the paid version in order to get 3g go to the evdo tab and put yourphone#@vzw3g.com for all fields and vzw as the password. Then have pageplus do a esn reset and a data reset and 3g should work. If its not the paid version then the evdo tab wont write. It sounds like you already have talk and text working? also make sure if you write something (nv only, nam settings, m.ip, and ppp settings, anything) make sure you write to both nam1 and nam2.
The Following User Says Thank You to deathrow1993 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ph19971207
Old
Thanks Meter 13

DONATE TO ME
Thanks a bunch for your tutorial. I am going to try to flash my spare tbolt to PPC and have been reading everything that I could find.

4.0.4 2.3.7
.....Liquid ICS v1.5 MR3 Liquid Gingerbread v3.2
2.6.35.14-LiquidKernel-v1.0.5 2.6.35.14-Imoseyon-6.2.1.....
1.49.00.0406w_1,0.01.79.0331w_1 1.49.00.0406w_1,0.01.79.0331w_1
4EXT v1.0.0.5 RC7 4EXT v1.0.0.5 RC7

deathrow1993
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph19971207 View Post
Thanks a bunch for your tutorial. I am going to try to flash my spare tbolt to PPC and have been reading everything that I could find.
no problem. just make sure youre on the stock rom so you can get diagnostic mode working. after everything is flashed i know its safe to flash a custom rom and even a new radio. i was on a bamf rom after 3g started working i then upgraded my radio from .9 to .19 and everything stuck. if you have any questions just keep me posted
The Following User Says Thank You to deathrow1993 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gimmeitorilltell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1066

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrow1993 View Post
no problem. just make sure youre on the stock rom so you can get diagnostic mode working. after everything is flashed i know its safe to flash a custom rom and even a new radio. i was on a bamf rom after 3g started working i then upgraded my radio from .9 to .19 and everything stuck. if you have any questions just keep me posted
Deathrow you can still get into diag mode with ICS roms and probably other non sense ones as well. Google "GScript Lite" and you can put your phone in diag mode without the reboot. I am with PPC too and love sense roms for ease of programming your phone without ever hooking it up to a computer but have run into losing data when flashing roms.
The Following User Says Thank You to gimmeitorilltell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deathrow1993
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmeitorilltell View Post
Deathrow you can still get into diag mode with ICS roms and probably other non sense ones as well. Google "GScript Lite" and you can put your phone in diag mode without the reboot. I am with PPC too and love sense roms for ease of programming your phone without ever hooking it up to a computer but have run into losing data when flashing roms.
thank you for this information. I've heard of this before but i've personally never used it or looked to far into it.

gimmeitorilltell
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1066

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrow1993 View Post
thank you for this information. I've heard of this before but i've personally never used it or looked to far into it.
You are welcome, it's actually pretty easy to use and you don't have to reboot your phone.