OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

9 posts
This is a thread where you can post your thunderbolt problems
7th February 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

42 posts
.android_secure
OK, I've got one that's been bugging me. I have a LOT of apps installed and if I have moved a number of the larger ones to the SD Card (to free up /data), once I get to greater than 1GB in android_secure, my phone fails to boot completely and just locks up. It's not the SD Card (32GB Class 10) that has errors (scanned with both Windows and 4Ext), just seems to be too much for the OS to handle.
I'm still running ShiftHackedA05P 2.8 (CM 2.7.3) from days gone by. Suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Edit: And I use Autostarts (Advanced mode) to turn off receivers for apps that I don't want to load, and LBE to disable permissions.
Last edited by ByteSizeSln; 7th February 2014 at 05:51 PM.
7th February 2014, 05:57 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,190

5,079 posts
You might try using a Rom that has ext4 support since it supports larger file sizes.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
7th February 2014, 06:32 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 11

42 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnecktie

You might try using a Rom that has ext4 support since it supports larger file sizes.

Thank you for the reply, expert one
The folder has ~87 files of sizes 3MB to 40MB, which causes the lockup after booting at random times (sometimes it makes it further and ultimately boots, after MANY battery pulls). Once the folder is pared down to a lesser total size, the phone boots more rapidly and doesn't lock up; seems to be a linear relationship between how many files and the total time to boot until the CPU usage drops.
7th February 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #5  

5,079 posts
It might also be that most apps are moving away from app to sd since it isn't used as much anymore.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to disconnecktie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th February 2014, 08:29 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 115

562 posts
I rule

Ĉaa\../
Last edited by takota6; 11th February 2014 at 04:09 PM.
13th February 2014, 04:20 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 4

45 posts
Donate to Me
More
New issue, perhaps?, I am noticing that when LTE/CDMA mode my connection is showing as LTE only where it used to use ehrpd for transport and thereby still keeping 3g radio enabled. Normally no big deal but at times I am unable to send/receive texts or make/receive phone calls. Has Verizon stopped using this middle transport for LTE? I am unsure why I am always showing LTE only and if this is causing a problem. Switching to CDMA (auto prl) is the only remedy that I have found. Any thoughts?

Sent from my ADR6400L using xda app-developers app
17th February 2014, 09:56 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 13

35 posts
Not really a problem but I noticed a thread that mentioned A LOT of older devices getting a port of KitKat...any chance that could happen with this old relic? Other HTC phone with some sort of working KitKat are: Sensation, Desire HD, Vivid, Raider, Evo, Amaze and Incredible S...or at least that is what this site claims.
Oh, sorry, I'm new here so I can't post the link.
17th February 2014, 09:59 PM   |  #9  

5,079 posts
Santod was working on a KK ROM but since he has newer devices as many of us old bolt users do he puts it on the back burner because the demand for it just isn't there anymore. Be patient and maybe eventually you will see one. Or you won't....

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
17th February 2014, 11:24 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 13

35 posts
I appreciate the feedback. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread