[q] convert user app to system app

Tip us?

mortadelax
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Default [q] convert user app to system app

Hi everyone.
I'd like to know how to move some user apps stored in /data/app to /system/app, and don't get force close. I tried with link2sd, romtoolbox, rootexplorer, but always got fc.

I've deleted a lot of system apps and I want to use that unused storage for some user apps.
I hope you understand what I want to do.

Anybody can help me?

SmG67
Old
Thanks Meter 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortadelax View Post
Hi everyone.
I'd like to know how to move some user apps stored in /data/app to /system/app, and don't get force close. I tried with link2sd, romtoolbox, rootexplorer, but always got fc.

I've deleted a lot of system apps and I want to use that unused storage for some user apps.
I hope you understand what I want to do.

Anybody can help me?
Well... The best way to do that is to edit the ZIP for the ROM you want and flash the changed ZIP through CWM. If you're doing it on the phone, make sure you set the permissions to 644, after you move them.
The Following User Says Thank You to SmG67 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mortadelax
Old
(Last edited by mortadelax; 27th January 2014 at 09:47 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmG67 View Post
Well... The best way to do that is to edit the ZIP for the ROM you want and flash the changed ZIP through CWM. If you're doing it on the phone, make sure you set the permissions to 644, after you move them.
I checked permissions under rootexplorer. I gave the same permissions as every system app has. Should I go to terminal and type chmod 644 ...?

I'll try with the modified zip. Thanks for help. I'll tell you what happens.

EDIT: I tried the 644 method. Sitill force closing.
EDIT2: With Zip modified method works with some apps. I'm still looking for a phone method with rootexplorer.