1. download the updating tool from pantech's website.
2.Run the zip file and follow the instructions...
(HINT:your phone will go into S/W upgrading mode when you plug it in to the computer that's normal just follow the prompts and enjoy )
Root Your Pantech Crossover [P8000] (GingerBread 2.3.6)
Hey guys, I'm new here and just figured out there's an update for my phone (gingerbread)... Anyways, I've attempted to update my phone, but I've run into a problem. I've been following the steps here from AT&T's website /esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB413936&cv=821#fbid=OhFxMmC2FtH, but I'll lay out what I've been doing for you here, just to make sure I've been doing it right.
1. Install Pantech Upgrade tool on my PC (Windows 8.1 x64)
2. Remove and re-install battery on my phone (not connected to computer at this point so it turns off)
3. Hold down "volume up," "home," and "power buttons to enter "S/W Upgrading" mode
4. Start Pantech Upgrade tool on the computer
5. Connect phone to computer via micro-usb
6. Attempt to connect phone...
#6 is where I have troubles. I believe I've followed all the requisite steps to set the phone up in the right mode, but for some reason the computer won't recognize the device. I've waited 2-3 minutes while plugged in (and set up) and re-tried the connection, but to no avail. I've reset the phone to factory (backed it up first of course) but that didn't seem to help either. Restarting the computer did nothing.
What should I do? Thanks ahead of time
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|