FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

pantech crossover Gingerbread OS (2.3.6) update

1,182 posts
Thanks Meter: 230

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
hey everyone yesterday i found out that pantech released an important update for the crossover... it is the Gingerbread update . follow these steps to update your phone...

1. download the updating tool from pantech's website.

2.Run the zip file and follow the instructions...

(HINT:your phone will go into S/W upgrading mode when you plug it in to the computer that's normal just follow the prompts and enjoy )

27th May 2012, 10:09 PM |#2  
Flag Riyadh
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Thumbs up Root Your Pantech Crossover [P8000] (GingerBread 2.3.6)
Root Your Pantech Crossover [P8000] (GingerBread 2.3.6)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=26635332
14th June 2013, 03:48 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
enquiry
Quote:
Originally Posted by pawaa

Root Your Pantech Crossover [P8000] (GingerBread 2.3.6)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=26635332

do you know how to flash custom rom in pantech p8000.?
30th December 2013, 11:51 PM |#4  

More
Gingerbread update - connection problems
Hey guys, I'm new here and just figured out there's an update for my phone (gingerbread)... Anyways, I've attempted to update my phone, but I've run into a problem. I've been following the steps here from AT&T's website /esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB413936&cv=821#fbid=OhFxMmC2FtH, but I'll lay out what I've been doing for you here, just to make sure I've been doing it right.

1. Install Pantech Upgrade tool on my PC (Windows 8.1 x64)
2. Remove and re-install battery on my phone (not connected to computer at this point so it turns off)
3. Hold down "volume up," "home," and "power buttons to enter "S/W Upgrading" mode
4. Start Pantech Upgrade tool on the computer
5. Connect phone to computer via micro-usb
6. Attempt to connect phone...

#6 is where I have troubles. I believe I've followed all the requisite steps to set the phone up in the right mode, but for some reason the computer won't recognize the device. I've waited 2-3 minutes while plugged in (and set up) and re-tried the connection, but to no avail. I've reset the phone to factory (backed it up first of course) but that didn't seem to help either. Restarting the computer did nothing.

What should I do? Thanks ahead of time
16th February 2014, 07:48 AM |#5  

More
drivers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailcanadien

Hey guys, I'm new here and just figured out there's an update for my phone (gingerbread)... Anyways, I've attempted to update my phone, but I've run into a problem. I've been following the steps here from AT&T's website /esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB413936&cv=821#fbid=OhFxMmC2FtH, but I'll lay out what I've been doing for you here, just to make sure I've been doing it right.

1. Install Pantech Upgrade tool on my PC (Windows 8.1 x64)
2. Remove and re-install battery on my phone (not connected to computer at this point so it turns off)
3. Hold down "volume up," "home," and "power buttons to enter "S/W Upgrading" mode
4. Start Pantech Upgrade tool on the computer
5. Connect phone to computer via micro-usb
6. Attempt to connect phone...

#6 is where I have troubles. I believe I've followed all the requisite steps to set the phone up in the right mode, but for some reason the computer won't recognize the device. I've waited 2-3 minutes while plugged in (and set up) and re-tried the connection, but to no avail. I've reset the phone to factory (backed it up first of course) but that didn't seem to help either. Restarting the computer did nothing.

What should I do? Thanks ahead of time

install pantech pc suite, only need install drivers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)