Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,934 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] s4 lte no sound after upgrade

Tip us?

sheributt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] s4 lte no sound after upgrade

Hi I am facing strange problems. I was upgrading my s4 lte to kitkat via Odin but it all of a sudden of a sudden it failed. Now even I try to install stock firmware it fails. Then I got a stock firmware and installed but it was to laggy . Then I rooted the device and installed philz recovery and installed omega v16 . IT works fine but no sound and even sound buttons are not working. Kindly help me as I am stuck at this point.

Note. I did install kitkat on my brothers s4 lte and it installed fine but not on the one mentioned above.

Thanks

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1888

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheributt View Post
Hi I am facing strange problems. I was upgrading my s4 lte to kitkat via Odin but it all of a sudden of a sudden it failed. Now even I try to install stock firmware it fails. Then I got a stock firmware and installed but it was to laggy . Then I rooted the device and installed philz recovery and installed omega v16 . IT works fine but no sound and even sound buttons are not working. Kindly help me as I am stuck at this point.

Note. I did install kitkat on my brothers s4 lte and it installed fine but not on the one mentioned above.

Thanks
Try to Download/Extract this file and Flash the .tar via odin by selecting Phone.CP. Make sure to turn off your Phone manually and wait 5 to 10 sec and boot into Download mode and flash.

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

Disclaimer "Proceed with extreme caution as i take no responsibility for any damages to your phone. Do it at your own Risk"

All 4.4.2 GT-I9505 Modem / LTE / Bootloader

sheributt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default same problem

I tried but still same no sound.

illikkalshahid
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:

Thanks
download and flash the modem and corresponding wifi fix from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192025
problem solved...

sheributt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default still same

even after that same problem. my wifi is working but no sound and volume buttons are also not working. please help to solve thanks in advance

Joku1981
Old
Thanks Meter 546

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I tried but still same no sound.
Kit Kat have new bootloader. You can't come back to old bootloader (android 4.3) for that u dont have sound. You will have to make a full wipe and flash again Kit Kat with Odin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sheributt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default still same

when I flash kitkat with odin it fails . if to do with recovery then kindly give the link here please . thanks

Joku1981
Old
(Last edited by Joku1981; 29th January 2014 at 11:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 546

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
when I flash kitkat with odin it fails . if to do with recovery then kindly give the link here please . thanks
You have to do make a full wipe and flash it by ODIN, no other way. Post here the error that gives u ODIN or make a screenshot

*EDIT: HERE is the link and the guide for do the process

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sheributt
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Red face problem solved

hurrey, problem solved, flashed kitkat with odin step by step given in the link above. thanks to all of you guys for the help. And you were right that once done kitkat you cannot downgrade.