Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] s4 lte no sound after upgrade

OP sheributt

28th January 2014, 11:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

32 posts
Hi I am facing strange problems. I was upgrading my s4 lte to kitkat via Odin but it all of a sudden of a sudden it failed. Now even I try to install stock firmware it fails. Then I got a stock firmware and installed but it was to laggy . Then I rooted the device and installed philz recovery and installed omega v16 . IT works fine but no sound and even sound buttons are not working. Kindly help me as I am stuck at this point.

Note. I did install kitkat on my brothers s4 lte and it installed fine but not on the one mentioned above.

Thanks
28th January 2014, 11:47 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Your Mom's crib
Thanks Meter: 2,129

1,884 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheributt

Hi I am facing strange problems. I was upgrading my s4 lte to kitkat via Odin but it all of a sudden of a sudden it failed. Now even I try to install stock firmware it fails. Then I got a stock firmware and installed but it was to laggy . Then I rooted the device and installed philz recovery and installed omega v16 . IT works fine but no sound and even sound buttons are not working. Kindly help me as I am stuck at this point.

Note. I did install kitkat on my brothers s4 lte and it installed fine but not on the one mentioned above.

Thanks

Try to Download/Extract this file and Flash the .tar via odin by selecting Phone.CP. Make sure to turn off your Phone manually and wait 5 to 10 sec and boot into Download mode and flash.
29th January 2014, 12:31 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

32 posts
same problem
I tried but still same no sound.
29th January 2014, 09:04 AM   |  #4  
Flag CALICUT
Thanks Meter: 11

90 posts
More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Thanks

download and flash the modem and corresponding wifi fix from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192025
problem solved...
29th January 2014, 12:05 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

32 posts
still same
even after that same problem. my wifi is working but no sound and volume buttons are also not working. please help to solve thanks in advance
29th January 2014, 12:06 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 632

2,027 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I tried but still same no sound.

Kit Kat have new bootloader. You can't come back to old bootloader (android 4.3) for that u dont have sound. You will have to make a full wipe and flash again Kit Kat with Odin
The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th January 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

32 posts
still same
when I flash kitkat with odin it fails . if to do with recovery then kindly give the link here please . thanks
29th January 2014, 12:11 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 632

2,027 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

when I flash kitkat with odin it fails . if to do with recovery then kindly give the link here please . thanks

You have to do make a full wipe and flash it by ODIN, no other way. Post here the error that gives u ODIN or make a screenshot

*EDIT: HERE is the link and the guide for do the process
Last edited by Joku1981; 29th January 2014 at 12:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Joku1981 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th January 2014, 12:43 PM   |  #9  
OP Member

32 posts
Red face problem solved
hurrey, problem solved, flashed kitkat with odin step by step given in the link above. thanks to all of you guys for the help. And you were right that once done kitkat you cannot downgrade.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread