Ask a question

No registration required

Optimus G Pro vs Galaxy Note 2 screen/batt life

OP itikhvin

20th May 2013, 03:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
Is the increased resolution of the G Pro a big deal ? What is the G Pro superior for and where (if anywhere) will you be able to tell the difference side by side?

What about the battery life?
20th May 2013, 04:24 AM   |  #2  
Flag Foxborough, MA
Thanks Meter: 29

182 posts
More
The screen on the OG Pro absolutely blows Note 2's away. All benchmarks I have seen favor the OG Pro. IMHO, the only category Note 2 wins is the pen. If you must have a pen, and think you can avoid losing it, get the Note 2. (I've heard that the OG Pro will work with any capacitive stylus, just not quite as precise as the Note 2's pen. Haven't tested, though) Note 3 comes out this fall...

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

Note 2's battery can probably do a bit more screen-on time because of the less demanding display, otherwise pretty close in this category.
20th May 2013, 04:32 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 78

493 posts
Ive had past experiences with lg and never will i be buying an lg phone again. I like custom roms and new updates..and with lg,they take a hell lot time to update their rom. Plus when they do it, they give u crappy software.
Get the note 2 and u wont regret it. Battery life is awesome. I get 6-7h of screen time with moderate use. Anyway just my 2 cents..Good luck with ur decision.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
20th May 2013, 04:54 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
I already have the Note 2 actually, but it's clearly a defective unit, as it randomly reboots and freezes. I'm thinking of returning it for another Note 2, but I was considering the G Pro.

I'm pleased with the screen of the Note 2.In what does the G Pro screen "blow away" the Note 2. Again, I know, more pixels... but is that really noticeable?

Don't like the locked bootloader on the G Pro
20th May 2013, 06:12 AM   |  #5  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 23

109 posts
More
I spent some time with one in the AT&T store a few days ago. The OGP screen is all that it's cracked up to be. It's virtually impossible to see pixels, and in a totally other league from any of the 720 * 1280 screens available.
20th May 2013, 06:39 AM   |  #6  
Flag ocoee
Thanks Meter: 31

129 posts
More
Ive played with the note 2 and the screen realy is that much better. Plus while lg does have crappy software there will likely be lotsa development once the bootloader is unlocked and will solve that problem. What can't be solved tho is samsungs shotty craftsmanship. U drop any samsung device from more than waist high, and ur replacing something, if not the whole phone. Just youtube droptests for samsung devices they consistantly do the worst of any device. As for a stylus the screen works with gloves on, anything can be used as a stylus on this ive seen more than one video where people used a regular pen although there no software support for it. While other phones may do 1 or 2 things better you can't buy a better all around phone right now. And its lookin like its gonna be that way till the note 3 and even then the enyxos 5s are barely outperforming the 600s although their design does give them better battery life.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jprosek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2013, 08:37 AM   |  #7  
Flag Wharton
Thanks Meter: 46

348 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itikhvin

Is the increased resolution of the G Pro a big deal ? What is the G Pro superior for and where (if anywhere) will you be able to tell the difference side by side?

What about the battery life?

I'm pretty much in the same boat but compared against the S4. Im also a bit more concerened about phone durability. I take care of my things but I want a little more cushion for when accidents happen. Is the OG Pro just as fragile as the s4? Has anyone managed to accidentally crack theirs?

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
20th May 2013, 09:20 AM   |  #8  
Flag ChiRak
Thanks Meter: 86

455 posts
More
This is my current stats before I got home.

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1369034421552.jpg
Views:	1020
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	1976216   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1369034431892.jpg
Views:	979
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	1976219  
20th May 2013, 01:50 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnotis

I spent some time with one in the AT&T store a few days ago. The OGP screen is all that it's cracked up to be. It's virtually impossible to see pixels, and in a totally other league from any of the 720 * 1280 screens available.

OK, so I understand that the screen is better, but where will I notice it compared to Note 2? In videos? Pictures? Text? Brightness? Outdoor visibility? Colors?
20th May 2013, 02:46 PM   |  #10  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 175

880 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by witeboy07

This is my current stats before I got home.

Sent from my LG-E980 using xda app-developers app

That's not bad at all.

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by itikhvin

OK, so I understand that the screen is better, but where will I notice it compared to Note 2? In videos? Pictures? Text? Brightness? Outdoor visibility? Colors?

I have a note 2, an iPhone 5, LG OG, GS 4, and have used One, plus all major devices before. For me, the main difference is the age old debate of LCD vs AMOLED. I prefer LCD. Colors are more true and whites are actually white. You can use different screen modes with the note 2 to minimize the over saturation, but o stool poetry LCD. The OG Pro also does better outdoors in sunlight. Overall the screen seems brighter and the increased resolution does make a difference. In my experience, the battery is not as good on the OG Pro, but still better than most Android devices.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread