[Q] Touch Screen Not Working 4.4.2 back to 4.1.2

Search This thread
Apr 17, 2011
I'll give you the basic background information. I decided to try KitKat and upgraded my firmware to 3.18 and HBOOT[?] 2.14, then upgraded that to 2.15. I am S-OFF and have superCID. I want to use 10 November 2012 nightly of AOKP, found here http://goo.im/devs/rohan/evita/aokp/nightlies. I am currently running CM11.0 with few issues but I don't think it is as stable as my last ROM. Oh right, and the backups I saved don't work and I have tried different versions of TWRP and downgrading from 2.15 to lower than 2.14. Any help is appreciated, sorry if I am unclear, I have been working for hours trying to figure it out, but I am no developer.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Ok, first your touchscreen issue. If you want to run older ROMs you need to downgrade your touchscreen firmware. There is a thread detailing how to do this in our general section.

[EDIT] I was wrong about the location that thread, here it is:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2159863

Now, your backups. Which version of TWRP did you use to create the backups? And which options (system/data/boot/cache, etc) did you check?

Sent from my Evita

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2011
Oh no, I am not sure what version of TWRP I used, but I have tried several versions to restore with. I didn't change and things, so whatever was checked default. The links on that thread are dead, or they give me a 404 Not Found page. That is why I have come here to find if there is new links maybe?

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
What partitions are able to be restored when you attempt a restore? If the links there are dead you might be out of luck with downgrading your ts firmware. You shouldn't need to flash such an old ROM though. Have you tried any other 4.4 ROMs? There are plenty available and they're stable, cm11 is probably the most unstable of them all.

Sent from my Evita

IsaihandBritt

Jul 2, 2014
i need help

Thank you for your help, I'll post over there anyway seeing if anyone still has the files.

i need to know how downgrade my touch screen firmware.......the xda post for that process has been moved and i cannot find it anywhere. please help me.
i really want the king beatz rom to work, but no touch screen functionality