5,598,657 Members 40,061 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Twitter/Facebook clients with custom columns?

Tip us?

shinji257
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 27
Default Twitter/Facebook clients with custom columns?

Ok. So up until now I have been using TweetDeck (or rather TweakDeck -- it's improved counterpart) and I guess I can still use it for a bit but Twitter has announced that the Adobe Air, Android, and iOS versions will be discontinued and will be removed from their app stores by May. There isn't a chance that just keeping the apk around will suffice though because apparently the app relies on depreciated APIs as well. What I'm looking for is a Twitter/Facebook client that will support custom columns to be added. I had 3 on mine. One for a work feed with very little activity (they post very specific updates) and a couple of other people that I want to watch that would of gotten lost in the noise of my news feed otherwise. I'm not finding any clients other than TweetDeck/TweakDeck that provide this. Can anyone provide me with any suggestions?

Thanks.

Source (app being discontinued): http://tweetdeck.posterous.com/an-update-on-tweetdeck

P.S. - I'm willing to take a Twitter only client with the custom columns since I only used it on that end but it becomes a pain since I've already gotten into a trend of reposting some twitter items onto my facebook profile for visibility and having just one app makes it easier.
Current: HTC One (Stock, Rooted, Unlocked, S-OFF HBOOT 1.56, Tampered flag removed)
Backup:
Samsung Captivate (CyanogenMod 11 Nightly)
Tablet: Nexus 7 (Rooted, TWRP Recovery (I think)) Android 4.4.2

Defunct: Samsung Galaxy S2 AT&T (CyanogenMod 11 Unofficial)

Thank god for having spare cell phones and custom roms that make them survive for a bit longer.

eHawleywood
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Plume is worth checking out

Unknown X
Old
Thanks Meter 13
You could try Ubersocial for Twitter.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...twidroid&hl=en

It has the ability to cross post to facebook as well.

This is a very good app, and is my go-to app for the twittersphere.

|Blitzkrieg|
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Trying Plume and Scope right now, and I believe I've tried Ubersocial in the past

Any app that lets you have one unified timeline that displays both Twitter AND Facebook posts at the same time? Plume wants them to be separate columns, and Scope wants to add additional 'social content' from places like Reddit, The Verge, and ThinkGeek into my timeline

jevring
Old
(Last edited by jevring; 20th April 2013 at 04:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Default All horrible

I've tried the following:
  • HootSuite
  • Plume
  • Scope

and they are all terrible. They contain much too much crap, they all want me to register with THEIR service (I need more accounts like I need a hole in the head), but worst of all, they don't allow me a single-column view of both Facebook and Twitter. Arguably the best feature of TweetDeck/TweakDeck. Also, they all have ads, and they're all annoying.

I honestly don't know what to do. I've been searching for a client ever since the original announcement, but I haven't been able to find anything. At this point I'm considering just writing my own. I'm not going to say "how hard can it be?", but as a software developer by trade, it's not just idle speculation. I think the hardest would be getting the Twitter and Facebook APIs in line. No ads, no registration, no bull****.

Edited to add: Mind you I don't *want* to have to do this, so any suggestions would be preferable.

Brandroid28
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Yeah, Plume seems like the best alternative, and it lacks significant features. I can't see every column status all at once, can't customize individual column notifications, and can't add users to their own column. May have to add requests to their support page. But I'm just using TweakDeck until it stops functioning. Apparently Facebook has already stopped working, so I haven't even seen Facebook updates for awhile. Lol. Hate when there's not that one perfect solution.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using xda app-developers app

jevring
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandroid28 View Post
Yeah, Plume seems like the best alternative, and it lacks significant features. I can't see every column status all at once, can't customize individual column notifications, and can't add users to their own column. May have to add requests to their support page. But I'm just using TweakDeck until it stops functioning. Apparently Facebook has already stopped working, so I haven't even seen Facebook updates for awhile. Lol. Hate when there's not that one perfect solution.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using xda app-developers app
I still see facebook updates in TweakDeck. Occasionally, on the desktop version (0.38.2), the facebook updates won't come in, but a restart or two (of the application) usually solves that.

aznbatman
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Bump. Anyone find any good clients that allow custom columns? The next best thing I've found so far is Scope Beta.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Apocalypse~
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Have you tried Tweedle?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

aznbatman
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalypse~ View Post
Have you tried Tweedle?
I'm looking for something that can handle Facebook too.