5,595,918 Members 31,074 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUTORIAL][SCRIPT] Swap internal SD Card / External SD Card for Xperia SP (C530X)

Tip us?

dssmex
Old
(Last edited by dssmex; 3rd January 2014 at 10:16 PM.) Reason: format and add script
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 213

DONATE TO ME
Database [TUTORIAL][SCRIPT] Swap internal SD Card / External SD Card for Xperia SP (C530X)

Hi every one!

This tutorial is for all xperia SP (C530X) with FW 12.0.A.1.254 Locked or unlocked bootloader ( ROOT Needed)

Method 1:
Quote:
First you need this app Root External 2 Internal SD <- click for install from play store (it's free)

next yo need open the app.

once open, you need change some configuration, click go to open settings.
click in the Original internal mounting point and change for /storage/sdcard0

click in the Original external mounting point and change for /storage/sdcard1

click in the ext sdcard device access and change for /dev/block/vold/179:33

click in Mount Options and change for fmask=0702,dmask=0702

and finaly check the option "use per default"

reboot and enjoy, i have an 32GB micro SD card class 10

remember mark "At boot" for swap on every reboot

Other method:

Quote:
For all who use init.d leave this script, just uncompress and placed in /system/etc/init.d directory, correct permissions and restart.

Note: If use the script, not use the program or vice versa.

Int2Ext.sh (see attachments)
Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: zip Int2Ext.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.3 KB, 765 views)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Press thanks if you like my work.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to dssmex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Davalz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Yeah! works perfect! I use 16GB class 10 SD

ritmix54
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I have an question when the new update 4.3 comes out for our device can we use this method to swap internal and external storage ?

aldunn1
Old
Thanks Meter 1
reboot not working just goes back to normal internal and external any ideas ?

DjTony90
Old
Thanks Meter 28
is this trick working in other phones with REALLY LOW internal memory ?

dssmex
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 213

DONATE TO ME
Default may be

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTony90 View Post
is this trick working in other phones with REALLY LOW internal memory ?
You need know the mount points and folder names for work, in theory... maybe

Open the /proc/mounts file and check the folders and mountpoints, configure and test.
The Following User Says Thank You to dssmex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dssmex
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 213

DONATE TO ME
Default check configurations

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldunn1 View Post
reboot not working just goes back to normal internal and external any ideas ?
check all configurations in OP, the option "at boot" must be checked and you need be root and assign permissions at app.
The Following User Says Thank You to dssmex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dssmex
Old
(Last edited by dssmex; 30th December 2013 at 03:56 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 213

DONATE TO ME
Default maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritmix54 View Post
I have an question when the new update 4.3 comes out for our device can we use this method to swap internal and external storage ?
maybe yes, need wait for release. if the mounting points change i will post new mounting points at release.

kandywrks
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,

I have tried this and it indeed works. However, the swap is reset upon reboot and I would have to manually open the app and press the "External > Internal" button.

This is not a major problem, but I find that my sdcard1 has files copied from sdcard0. Using ES File Explorer, I have found that the swap copies folders such as Android, data, Download and WhatsApp etc from sdcard0 to sdcard1.

Interestingly, all these folders are empty, which is great, otherwise this trick would be rendered as redundant.

Just wondering if this phenomenon is normal?

dssmex
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 213

DONATE TO ME
Default no problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandywrks View Post
Hi,

I have tried this and it indeed works. However, the swap is reset upon reboot and I would have to manually open the app and press the "External > Internal" button.

This is not a major problem, but I find that my sdcard1 has files copied from sdcard0. Using ES File Explorer, I have found that the swap copies folders such as Android, data, Download and WhatsApp etc from sdcard0 to sdcard1.

Interestingly, all these folders are empty, which is great, otherwise this trick would be rendered as redundant.

Just wondering if this phenomenon is normal?
is normal, when you start the phone charges the internal memory as you normally would and seconds after making the change automatically, this creates the folders but once done change all data is stored in the folders that are in the external microsd memory

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dssmex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
swap emmc and extsd, tutorial, xperia sp