Battery life on Galaxy Wear when using Watch Styler Themes

Tip us?

Midgardsormen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Battery life on Galaxy Wear when using Watch Styler Themes

Hi Everyone,

Quick question on battery life implications ( if any ) when using themes developed for Watch Styler - is there an expected battery life implication, little, moderate or high (perhaps dependent on the complexity of the theme)? Or nothing at all?

I ask as I have noticed a battery life degradation recently, and I cannot seem to pin down any specific usage differential aside from recently starting to use themes for Watch Styler. Don't want to jump to any definitive conclusions.

lazer9
Old
Thanks Meter 197

DONATE TO ME
Check this thread ---> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2659023

Verizon Galaxy S4 MJ7 w/ Safestrap Recovery & Hyperdrive RLS15 ROM -On Stock Side!...
Gear w/ Null 22.1 Rom

Asus Transformer TF300T : [TF300 KitKat 4.4.2][CROMBi-kk][F2FS | DATA2SD | ROM2SD | CM11 BASE][APRIL 04]

allendj81
Old
Thanks Meter 36
With stock faces I get 3 days of battery life. Using watchstyler I get 1 to 1.5 days worth of battery using the motion feature to wake the watch. If you set the gear not to wake up on motion, battery life can be as good as the stock face.

SGS3 TMO
Rom - TW 4.3 Leak #2
Galaxy Gear - MK7 firmware

ronfurro
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by allendj81 View Post
With stock faces I get 3 days of battery life. Using watchstyler I get 1 to 1.5 days worth of battery using the motion feature to wake the watch. If you set the gear not to wake up on motion, battery life can be as good as the stock face.
I would generally agree with your estimates, based on my experience.

The only thing is that i get worse battery life with watchstyler in use with or without motion. obviously motion zaps the battery badly but for me, watchstyler also kills it too.

Around noon, with watchstyler on, I have 75% left, normally without, i would have 90%. Its very noticeable.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ronfurro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

animatechnica
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Anecdotally I seem to notice better battery life when using themes rather than watch faces created from the watch styler app. wondering if anyone else has noticed this

Sent from my Lenovo K900 using Tapatalk

cobyman7035
Old
Thanks Meter 123
i didn't really use my watch much but my stats were: 16 hrs usage, drain was 100 % to 68% , so 32% battery drain in 16hours, i think i had my BT on all the time and connected to bt tethering with my nexus 5

screen ontime was like 25mins i think according to GSAM pro battery app

is that good?
8gb NeXus⁴ 4.4 kitkat fully stock
16gb NeXus 7 FHD w/ TWRP 2.6.3.1 signed-razor-KRT16S-from-JSS15Q 4.4.2 KK w/ ElementalX v2.6 kernel @1.736 ghz UV800 using ART mode
32gb NeXus 5 white rooted/unlocked TWRP v2.6.4.3 touch , 4.4.2 KOT49H kk stock, franco kernel r32 w/ ART UVing 1.5ghz max cpu vomer
samsung galaxy gear black watch w/ Null v23 rom

ronfurro
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobyman7035 View Post
i didn't really use my watch much but my stats were: 16 hrs usage, drain was 100 % to 68% , so 32% battery drain in 16hours, i think i had my BT on all the time and connected to bt tethering with my nexus 5

screen ontime was like 25mins i think according to GSAM pro battery app

is that good?
Yes. For being BT PAN tethered all that time, thats good.

The question is: Did you have Watchstyler on? I would guess so, since your posting in this thread but I think it needs to be asked...

tntitan10
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I beleive the background color of the pictures used also affects the battery. I've tested two themes and when using darker theme, the battery last longer.

cobyman7035
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfurro View Post
Yes. For being BT PAN tethered all that time, thats good.

The question is: Did you have Watchstyler on? I would guess so, since your posting in this thread but I think it needs to be asked...
yes im using this tag heuer ws face

also im underclocked, maybe that helps

brightness also only at level 2

min cpu 200mhz

max 800mhz in voltage control settings

the other day i had only 5hours battery time but i tink becuse i had screen on all the time lol with that wrist flick thingy on/off

max screen on time is like 2-3hours?
8gb NeXus⁴ 4.4 kitkat fully stock
16gb NeXus 7 FHD w/ TWRP 2.6.3.1 signed-razor-KRT16S-from-JSS15Q 4.4.2 KK w/ ElementalX v2.6 kernel @1.736 ghz UV800 using ART mode
32gb NeXus 5 white rooted/unlocked TWRP v2.6.4.3 touch , 4.4.2 KOT49H kk stock, franco kernel r32 w/ ART UVing 1.5ghz max cpu vomer
samsung galaxy gear black watch w/ Null v23 rom

ronfurro
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobyman7035 View Post
yes im using this tag heuer ws face

also im underclocked, maybe that helps

brightness also only at level 2

min cpu 200mhz

max 800mhz in voltage control settings

the other day i had only 5hours battery time but i tink becuse i had screen on all the time lol with that wrist flick thingy on/off

max screen on time is like 2-3hours?

Oh I hate you. Had to rub it in with the wicked Tag. watch face! Lol. Oh how I miss using watchstyler. I just use Google Now WAY too much! Its so bad, sometimes I just ask it for the time.