5,601,062 Members 45,933 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Soft button enablers crash my device

Tip us?
 
Redjax
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 59
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default Soft button enablers crash my device

Every time I try to enable the soft keys, whether it's through an app through the Play Store, manually editing my build.prop, or enabling it through the ROM I use (Bean's ROM), when I reboot, my System UI just continually crashes and I either have to factory reset, or restore a backup.

Does the Note 3 even have the capability to use Soft Keys?
 
lmike6453
Old
#2  
lmike6453's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 306
Posts: 698
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Phila
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redjax View Post
Every time I try to enable the soft keys, whether it's through an app through the Play Store, manually editing my build.prop, or enabling it through the ROM I use (Bean's ROM), when I reboot, my System UI just continually crashes and I either have to factory reset, or restore a backup.

Does the Note 3 even have the capability to use Soft Keys?
What ROM are you on? There's scripts to enable the navbar within Hyperdrive and Jellybeans. On stock and Eclipse that I use that don't have this script, I use an Xposed MOD called GravityBox to enable it. Really straightforward if you know Xposed, give it a go and let us know
Verizon Galaxy Note 3 - JB 4.3
 
Kelsey Jones
Old
#3  
Kelsey Jones's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 31
Posts: 298
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmike6453 View Post
What ROM are you on? There's scripts to enable the navbar within Hyperdrive and Jellybeans. On stock and Eclipse that I use that don't have this script, I use an Xposed MOD called GravityBox to enable it. Really straightforward if you know Xposed, give it a go and let us know
Gravity Box works on stock?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
 
lmike6453
Old
#4  
lmike6453's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 306
Posts: 698
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Phila
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey Jones View Post
Gravity Box works on stock?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
I haven't tried since previous releases but I don't see why it wouldn't, you just need to be rooted. Give it a go, worst that can happen is it won't work....and in really bad situation if stock ROM doesn't boot, just flash xposed disabler from root of your internal SD card from within safestrap/TWRP recovery
Verizon Galaxy Note 3 - JB 4.3
The Following User Says Thank You to lmike6453 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mlin
Old
#5  
mlin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 971
Posts: 3,963
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redjax View Post
Every time I try to enable the soft keys, whether it's through an app through the Play Store, manually editing my build.prop, or enabling it through the ROM I use (Bean's ROM), when I reboot, my System UI just continually crashes and I either have to factory reset, or restore a backup.

Does the Note 3 even have the capability to use Soft Keys?
I suspect the navbar has to be coded for somewhere in the ROM because using the exact same methods to enable it works on some ROMsbut crashes others.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2.5 New Members: Treat new members the way you would have liked to have been treated when you were a new member.
Provide the new members with guidance, advice and instruction always with respect and courtesy.


Device: Galaxy Note 3
ROM: Incognito_v1.1.1
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...