Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,239 Members 50,466 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

please help me choose suitable rom for gsm network

Tip us?

kralkral
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default please help me choose suitable rom for gsm network

hi im new here
please help me choose suitable rom that works on gsm network
i want to install sense rom taht has tweaks & works on gsm like RezROM Ex or others
but i dont know gsm works on it or not?

DYLROSE69
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Try out cyanogen mod... It is amazing

Sent with internet

kralkral
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYLROSE69 View Post
Try out cyanogen mod... It is amazing

Sent with internet
i want to install sense rom

wtfsykhang
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Try out sundreams sense 4.5 Rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2419155
The Following User Says Thank You to wtfsykhang For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1372

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfsykhang View Post
also any rom on the latest hboot update of 2.28 will work for you....unless you or on a stockish sense rom and do the NV edit you will only get 2g speeds on the rez with a GSM carrier....I strictly use gsm only and had to do the NV edit to get stable 3g...still trying to get 4g to work stable but having issues....i can suggest a whole plethera of roms that will work for you depending on what your wanting outta the rom besides GSM capabilities
☢ Samsung Galaxy SIII ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: Deathly 1.6 Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ Samsung Relay 4g ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ HTC REZOUND ☢
HBOOT: 2.28, Unlocked, S-Off, 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r radios Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 (Masque Of The Red Death)

Donations are never expected but are greatly appreciated
The Following User Says Thank You to REV3NT3CH For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kralkral
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV3NT3CH View Post
also any rom on the latest hboot update of 2.28 will work for you....unless you or on a stockish sense rom and do the NV edit you will only get 2g speeds on the rez with a GSM carrier....I strictly use gsm only and had to do the NV edit to get stable 3g...still trying to get 4g to work stable but having issues....i can suggest a whole plethera of roms that will work for you depending on what your wanting outta the rom besides GSM capabilities
what is NV edit? how can i do it?
if i upgrade my hboot to 2.28 all sense roms will be work on gsm? or after upgrade also had to do NV edit?
sorry for bad english

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1372

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kralkral View Post
what is NV edit? how can i do it?
if i upgrade my hboot to 2.28 all sense roms will be work on gsm? or after upgrade also had to do NV edit?
sorry for bad english
an NV edit is changing of the radio files with cdma workshop or its free nv reader writer program(this will currently get you to 3g speeds...working on 4g fix now) and no gsm only works on latest stock ICS global sense rom or higher AOSP roms....as for the nv edit if you know how to use that program or anything about hex code changing then you can do it...not easy work at all though
☢ Samsung Galaxy SIII ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: Deathly 1.6 Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ Samsung Relay 4g ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ HTC REZOUND ☢
HBOOT: 2.28, Unlocked, S-Off, 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r radios Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 (Masque Of The Red Death)

The Following User Says Thank You to REV3NT3CH For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kralkral
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
an NV edit is changing of the radio files with cdma workshop or its free nv reader writer program(this will currently get you to 3g speeds...working on 4g fix now) and no gsm only works on latest stock ICS global sense rom or higher AOSP roms....as for the nv edit if you know how to use that program or anything about hex code changing then you can do it...not easy work at all though
i domt know any thing about nv edit
what about hboot? if i upgrade it gsm will work in all roms?

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1372

DONATE TO ME
Default please help me choose suitable rom for gsm network

As stated above gsm only works on ice cream sandwich global roms or higher...which require you to update your hboot anyway...short answer for you is no...gsm will not function in first ice cream sandwich release or lower roms...including gingerbread

Sent from my R3D D347H using Tapatalk
☢ Samsung Galaxy SIII ☢
☢ Samsung Relay 4g ☢
☢ HTC REZOUND ☢

kralkral
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
As stated above gsm only works on ice cream sandwich global roms or higher...which require you to update your hboot anyway...short answer for you is no...gsm will not function in first ice cream sandwich release or lower roms...including gingerbread

Sent from my R3D D347H using Tapatalk
so
any guide or link to learn how to use nv edit to edit radio?