5,596,066 Members 33,845 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Latest viewable theme is "city", which is from ages ago?

Tip us?
 
Candiety
Old
(Last edited by Candiety; 21st February 2014 at 04:44 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default [Q] Latest viewable theme is "city", which is from ages ago?

Ello,

I have an Alcatel One Touch Mini running Jelly Bean on stock rom, and themer installs fine and I can apply themes.

However, when I go to 'browse' and then 'newest', to display the latest themes, the latest theme is "city", which is from a couple of months back. It would appear that I can't view any of the newer themes.

I've tried reinstalling themer but it doesn't help. My resolution according to "lcdspecs" is:

res - 480 x 854
pixels/inch - 240

I haven't knowingly installed anything which should effect it.

Does anybody have any ideas what's going on here? I want the greenly theme so badly!

Thanks
 
ThemerSupport
Old
#2  
ThemerSupport's Avatar
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter 338
Posts: 631
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiety View Post
Ello,

I have an Alcatel One Touch Mini running Jelly Bean on stock rom, and themer installs fine and I can apply themes.

However, when I go to 'browse' and then 'newest', to display the latest themes, the latest theme is "city", which is from a couple of months back. It would appear that I can't view any of the newer themes.

I've tried reinstalling themer but it doesn't help. My resolution according to "lcdspecs" is:

res - 480 x 854
pixels/inch - 240

I haven't knowingly installed anything which should effect it.

Does anybody have any ideas what's going on here? I want the greenly theme so badly!

Thanks

Hi, sorry we didn't get back to you on Facebook, was speaking to the rest of the team.
In theory your phone shouldn't be supported as it doesn't have soft keys (as far as we can tell). So only devices with a 480x854 resolution with soft keys are properly supported.
Did you root your device?
If it's completely stock, it might have been lucky that your phone supported themes up till now. Devices with a 480x854 resolution and no soft keys will be supported very soon though.
Apply beautiful themes to your phone in one click with Themer by MyColorScreen.

Learn more at ThemerApp.com.
 
Candiety
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemerSupport View Post
Hi, sorry we didn't get back to you on Facebook, was speaking to the rest of the team.
In theory your phone shouldn't be supported as it doesn't have soft keys (as far as we can tell). So only devices with a 480x854 resolution with soft keys are properly supported.
Did you root your device?
If it's completely stock, it might have been lucky that your phone supported themes up till now. Devices with a 480x854 resolution and no soft keys will be supported very soon though.
Okay thank you. Purely out interest, do you have any idea why they stopped working after the 'city' theme?

My phone is rooted using kingo root, but themer installed just fine before that was the case!
 
alldroid
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 193
Posts: 525
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Rochdale
hmmm maybe the rooting is the problem then if it was working before,but as suport posted the resolution isn't supported
support Prostate cancer visit www.prostatecanceruk.org/menunited and sign up NOW

So long and thanks for all the fish
 
Candiety
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 15
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by alldroid View Post
hmmm maybe the rooting is the problem then if it was working before,but as suport posted the resolution isn't supported
Ahh, you misunderstand me. Themer installed fine before I rooted and it installs fine now. It still has the issue with not displaying a massive proportion of the (seemingly newer) themes though.
 
alldroid
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 193
Posts: 525
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Rochdale
but did it display them before rooting ?
support Prostate cancer visit www.prostatecanceruk.org/menunited and sign up NOW

So long and thanks for all the fish
 
ThemerSupport
Old
#7  
ThemerSupport's Avatar
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter 338
Posts: 631
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiety View Post
Ahh, you misunderstand me. Themer installed fine before I rooted and it installs fine now. It still has the issue with not displaying a massive proportion of the (seemingly newer) themes though.
Like we mentioned it could have been purely coincidence. Some themes aren't seen on other devices due to the complexity of the theme. If it completely stops showing any new themes though, then it might due to your device.
Apply beautiful themes to your phone in one click with Themer by MyColorScreen.

Learn more at ThemerApp.com.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...