Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,205 Members 39,645 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Pimp My ROM screwed up sound and pho

Tip us?
 
PetersDrue
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 19
Join Date: Nov 2013
Exclamation [Q] Pimp My ROM screwed up sound and pho

First of all, chide me out as much as you want because I deserve it. I didn't make a backup.

I installed Pimp My ROM and I saw it had some nice features under Mods; this included the we
L known beats audio, some sony things, and etc.

I attempted to install Pimp My Beats (a mod that installs Beats Audio). It wouldn't download, and so for some reason I decided to click install. When I clicked install it acted like it installed something. I'm not sure what it installed, but it messed with files.

Now when I try to make a call the phone number disappears, then after about 5 seconds the call is made. However, instead of seeing the screen with end call and those buttons I'm rewarded with a solid white screen. On top of that, I am not able to hear any sound. I'm not sure if they can hear me...

I noticed it with my phone app, but it has effected all media apps.

I'm not sure what to do. I don't have a custom recovery, so I can't flash a new OS. I might be forced to flash a new ROM, but I'd rather not. I just got through with a factory reset and I have the same problem with my phone app and media app.
 
decaturbob
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 807
Posts: 2,375
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Decatur
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetersDrue View Post
First of all, chide me out as much as you want because I deserve it. I didn't make a backup.

I installed Pimp My ROM and I saw it had some nice features under Mods; this included the we
L known beats audio, some sony things, and etc.

I attempted to install Pimp My Beats (a mod that installs Beats Audio). It wouldn't download, and so for some reason I decided to click install. When I clicked install it acted like it installed something. I'm not sure what it installed, but it messed with files.

Now when I try to make a call the phone number disappears, then after about 5 seconds the call is made. However, instead of seeing the screen with end call and those buttons I'm rewarded with a solid white screen. On top of that, I am not able to hear any sound. I'm not sure if they can hear me...

I noticed it with my phone app, but it has effected all media apps.

I'm not sure what to do. I don't have a custom recovery, so I can't flash a new OS. I might be forced to flash a new ROM, but I'd rather not. I just got through with a factory reset and I have the same problem with my phone app and media app.
How did you install the rom without a custom recovery like cwm or twrp??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3
 
PetersDrue
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 19
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by decaturbob View Post
How did you install the rom without a custom recovery like cwm or twrp??

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
It's an app from the play store. Look up Pimp My Rom in the Play Store.
I'm running Android 4.3. I just saw my build number and it says "_PIMPED_JSS15J.I545VRUEMJ7"
 
Mightycaptain
Old
#4  
Mightycaptain's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 357
Posts: 841
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Morganton, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetersDrue View Post
It's an app from the play store. Look up Pimp My Rom in the Play Store.
I'm running Android 4.3. I just saw my build number and it says "_PIMPED_JSS15J.I545VRUEMJ7"
You might be in an odin back to stock situation. The are no wipe odin tars in the android dev section. Kudu flash the one corresponding with your current firmware. You'll need to reroot most likely as well. Unless pimp my rom allows you to undo what you did.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Devices:
LG G2 VS980-Spirit Rom 4.4.4 (Daily Driver)
Nexus 7 2012-Dirty Unicorns 4.4.4
Nexus 7 2013-Dirty Unicorns 4.4.4
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014- Stock-Rooted
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4(MDK)-(Retired... For Now)-Liquid Smooth 4.4.2
 
PetersDrue
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 19
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightycaptain View Post
You might be in an odin back to stock situation. The are no wipe odin tars in the android dev section. Kudu flash the one corresponding with your current firmware. You'll need to reroot most likely as well. Unless pimp my rom allows you to undo what you did.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I haven't used Odin. I had to use vRoot to root my phone. I'm familiar with HTCs. HTC is all ADB, at least when I used it.

How does Odin work? Kudu flash?

I'll read more in depth on these, but a quick description would be appreciated.
 
decaturbob
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 807
Posts: 2,375
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Decatur
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetersDrue View Post
I haven't used Odin. I had to use vRoot to root my phone. I'm familiar with HTCs. HTC is all ADB, at least when I used it.

How does Odin work? Kudu flash?

I'll read more in depth on these, but a quick description would be appreciated.
There are some threads around here that explains this stuff. There are a couple on what you can and can't do with S4 based on build number.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetersDrue View Post
I haven't used Odin. I had to use vRoot to root my phone. I'm familiar with HTCs. HTC is all ADB, at least when I used it.

How does Odin work? Kudu flash?

I'll read more in depth on these, but a quick description would be appreciated.
I think you may be lucky and didn't hard brick your phone....If you can get in Odin mode you can get back. These kind of mods can mess up s4 bigtime.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
so long Verizon and my awesome S4 , hello TMO G3
 
Mightycaptain
Old
#7  
Mightycaptain's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 357
Posts: 841
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Morganton, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetersDrue View Post
I haven't used Odin. I had to use vRoot to root my phone. I'm familiar with HTCs. HTC is all ADB, at least when I used it.

How does Odin work? Kudu flash?

I'll read more in depth on these, but a quick description would be appreciated.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48675724

This is for mk2. Better instructions from surge. If your mj7 and want to stay on it there is a no wipe for that as well in android dev. You can use @Surge1223 instructions though. Odin isn't hard but you should read up on it.

Edit:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=47010231

MJ7 no wipe.

Kudu flash should have been just flash. Typo sorry.



Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Devices:
LG G2 VS980-Spirit Rom 4.4.4 (Daily Driver)
Nexus 7 2012-Dirty Unicorns 4.4.4
Nexus 7 2013-Dirty Unicorns 4.4.4
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014- Stock-Rooted
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4(MDK)-(Retired... For Now)-Liquid Smooth 4.4.2
The Following User Says Thank You to Mightycaptain For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jamesd1085
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 148
Posts: 412
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Newark
If you are on mj7 you can try to flash the mj7 modem with the mj7 bin files...I know the bin files have a lot of audio and media related files that may help...you will still have to use Odin to do this...but if it works might save you the trouble of full wipe and data loss...maybe someone else can elaborate... I know I flashed a few mods that jacked up audio and some other things and it fixed for me...but I have mdk and many of my problems can be fixed easily with recovery
 
PetersDrue
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 19
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesd1085 View Post
If you are on mj7 you can try to flash the mj7 modem with the mj7 bin files...I know the bin files have a lot of audio and media related files that may help...you will still have to use Odin to do this...but if it works might save you the trouble of full wipe and data loss...maybe someone else can elaborate... I know I flashed a few mods that jacked up audio and some other things and it fixed for me...but I have mdk and many of my problems can be fixed easily with recovery
Can these files be found on XDA? (I'm currently looking for items related to the i545 build).
I didn't want to void warranty by installing the custom recovery, but I think I might flash a recovery anyway.
 
PetersDrue
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 19
Join Date: Nov 2013
I can't find an Odin for the i545. What is a safe one to use?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


[OTA] Nvidia Shield Tablet Receives its First Update

The Nvidia Shield Tabletis the latest toy from one of the largest desktop graphics … more

Quick Control Panel Updated, Adds Notification Support

As some of you may remember, earlier this year we spoke about Quick Control Panel by … more

Narrate Makes Note Taking Efficient and Beautiful

Technology has put life on the fast track. Whether its travelling to multiple places or … more

Android App Review: How to Speed Up Your Android Phone – XDA Developer TV

Is your Android device running slow? Is your Android device … more