Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Sent in my s4 to be looked at by Samsung repair... now I need some advice please!

OP Tennis Guy

30th January 2014, 03:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
So, I sent in my s4 for repair to the repair center in Texas and it seems to have been reviewed. I was told before to send it to them from the Verizon store because I noticed a bubble probably the size of a sesame seed (or smaller) at the top left of the screen. The representative at verizon said that it was most likely a defect in the pixels and to send it in to be looked at. So I did that and sent it in about a week ago and they have put on the repair status Screen / Display / LCD / Touch Panel / LED / LCD Discoloration HPZ31 and they have attached a price of $200 to repair it! I most definitely won't pay this price, if this issue won't cause any long term damage in the future, because it is such a small dot that you can barely see and would not be worth the cost.

I was told that this issue should be covered by the warranty, however because it shouldn't have been caused by physical damage. I have not damaged my phone at all (only accidentally dropped the phone once when it fell out of my pocket on my driveway and the screen wasn't damaged at all or the phone itself.) My phone has always been protected by a case and screen protector btw. So, would there be any way to get this issue repaired without being charged? I haven't called Samsung yet, but plan on calling them tomorrow. Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated and thank you for your time and patience!
30th January 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
If it's that small an issue I don't think I would worry about it imho. Of course now that you know it's there it probably bugs you a bit, lol. Is it worth 200 bucks to stop it from bugging you. Does it interfere with the color display at all, like when the phone is being used is it more visible or is that the only time it is visible. ??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread