Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,741 Members 46,822 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cm 11 stable?

Tip us?

tomi001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Cm 11 stable?

Hello there
I have cm 10.2. I really like the cm 11, but i dont want to install it, because it's nighlty. Does anyone know when cm11 get stable?
Thank you in advance

Daved+
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I flashed the nightly some weeks ago and it was good enough for me to use it.

I'm using BeanStalk (4.4.2) at the moment as my daily driver.
Say thanks by clicking on the Thanks button!

Samsung T-Mobile Note III x 2, Samsung Galaxy Gear, B&N Nook HD+, Samsung S4, LG Optimus G Pro, LG Optimus G, Samsung I9000B, HTC Rhodium, HTC Touch, HTC Raphael, HTC Mogul, HTC Apache, Pantech Hero, Samsung Drift, Samsung Heat, Curitel TX-55C, Moto V3i, Moto V3, Moto V3620, Moto Lite II, etc, etc
The Following User Says Thank You to Daved+ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RaiderDuck
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomi001 View Post
Hello there
I have cm 10.2. I really like the cm 11, but i dont want to install it, because it's nighlty. Does anyone know when cm11 get stable?
Thank you in advance
Been using the official CM11 as a daily driver for over a month now. I flash the new nightly every day. It's stable and runs just fine.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Current Phone: LG Optimus G Pro (CyanogenMod 11 -- Android 4.4.4 KitKat)
Previous Phones:
Motorola Atrix (2011-2013)
Pantech Matrix Pro (2009-2011)
Motorola RAZR (2006-2009)
Nokia NKW-1X 1260 (2004-2006)
The Following User Says Thank You to RaiderDuck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spiderx_mm
Old
Thanks Meter 48
apart from a few missing features, CM11 nightlies are great, nothing broken, no crashes. Battery life is better than 10.2. you should give it a try
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
devices still alive

Daily driver: LG Optimus G Pro (having regular doses of CyanogenMod nightlies), Asus Memo Pad 8 ME181C (Stock Android 4.4.2, can't root yet )
Primary Backup: Acer Z130 (Stock JB 4.4.2)

devices killed

HTC Jade, Samsung Jet, Motorola XT720, Acer Iconia Smart, Motorola Atrix 4G, HTC One S ,Toshiba Thrive 7"
The Following User Says Thank You to spiderx_mm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

appleknight
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Battery is waaaay better than 10.2

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to appleknight For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kongming
Old
Thanks Meter 41
+1 for Beanstalk. No complaint so far.
PHONE: LG G PRO E988 32GB (Black)
ROM: [ROM][4.4.2][OFFICIAL] Beanstalk 4.4.251 (2/26/2014) [MULTI-WINDOW]
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2437310
The Following User Says Thank You to kongming For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tomi001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderx_mm View Post
apart from a few missing features, CM11 nightlies are great, nothing broken, no crashes. Battery life is better than 10.2. you should give it a try
Hello
Thank you for your answer. Ok i want to flash the new cm11. can i flash it over cm 10.2? With the cm updater like an ota update? Or must i download it and do a full wipe?
Thank you in advance

dpalmer76
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Hello
Thank you for your answer. Ok i want to flash the new cm11. can i flash it over cm 10.2? With the cm updater like an ota update? Or must i download it and do a full wipe?
Thank you in advance
Wipe system, caches, factory reset. Backup all your info

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to dpalmer76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

benburch9
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I don't mean to thread hijack, but any thoughts on beanstalk vs cm11? These seem to be two of the most stable roms these days.
The Following User Says Thank You to benburch9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spiderx_mm
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by benburch9 View Post
I don't mean to thread hijack, but any thoughts on beanstalk vs cm11? These seem to be two of the most stable roms these days.
on my E988, apart from CM11, magnetic compass is not working on other KitKat roms (Beanstalk, SlimKat etc).

and battery drains a lot faster in Beanstalk. drains about 4% per hour on standby. in CM11, the stand-by drain is just about 1% per hour. That's the difference.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Hello
Thank you in advance
I do OTA from 10.2 and also OTA all the nightlies. no wipe at all. coz this phone is my daily driver and I don't want to backup/ restore my data every day.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

devices still alive

Daily driver: LG Optimus G Pro (having regular doses of CyanogenMod nightlies), Asus Memo Pad 8 ME181C (Stock Android 4.4.2, can't root yet )
Primary Backup: Acer Z130 (Stock JB 4.4.2)

devices killed

HTC Jade, Samsung Jet, Motorola XT720, Acer Iconia Smart, Motorola Atrix 4G, HTC One S ,Toshiba Thrive 7"

The Following User Says Thank You to spiderx_mm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]