The stock phone app asking for supersu permissions?

27th October 2013, 04:43 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Elkton
Thanks Meter: 1

13 posts
Donate to Me
I have the 4.3 stock HTC Sense on my phone. The stock phone app it came with keeps asking for supersu permissions every day. I grant it without having it ask me again, but I was just curious as to why it needs permissions in the first place.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app.
27th October 2013, 05:21 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 10

89 posts
This happens to me as well. I'm curious as well.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
28th October 2013, 11:58 PM   |  #3  
Flag elmira
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
it just happend to me just now. anyone know why?
20th January 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 34

754 posts
Anyone get an answer to this? Just happened to me. I think it might be to do with SuperSU updating though as I just had to update it after catching this message.
20th January 2014, 09:23 PM   |  #5  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 22

117 posts
Donate to Me
More
First of which app you trying to run, second was it a new device or used that you got. If used check the bootloader if it locked/unlocked/relocked.

Some apps require SU pemissions in order to run. If your device is rooted I would suggest to update to the latest SU all available on the xda forums v.1.89

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
22nd January 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #6  

754 posts
This only atarted recently. Just happened again. SuperSU blocks it by default if I don't do anything. But I don't know if to allow it. It is now in SuperSU list as 'Phone'. I was using the phone earlier today and it did not ask for permissions. Android 4.3 Trickdroid last build. SuperSU is up to date.
22nd January 2014, 10:28 PM   |  #7  
Flag Bixby
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
I've been getting this as well. My old HTC One did not do this. But the speaker blew out. After getting a replacement and rooting (and unlocking, S-Off), this started happening on the Stock AT&T ROM for 4.3. I never ran the stock ROM on my original so I wasn't sure if it was normal or not.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Last edited by Jaernyx; 22nd January 2014 at 10:34 PM.
25th January 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #8  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 105

684 posts
More
Why is SuperSU even on a stock non root phone? If it has SuperSU on it, then that would tell me the phone the OP has that he thinks is stock is not stock. I don't consider a rooted phone to be stock, and that is most likely what the OP has.
29th January 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #9  

754 posts
I am rooted and s-off. It has not asked again for a while and is not listed in SuperSU anymore. But the log shows 'Phone' made 3 attempts.
30th January 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #10  
Flag Fairmont, WV
Thanks Meter: 29

247 posts
More
This happened to me last night around 8:00. I unlocked the phone, and the SuperSU request was already showing when I unlocked, counting down from 7. I let it time out, but I didn't find it a little nerve-racking. I checked the SuperSU log, and it tried the night before around the same time, as well.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread