5,599,337 Members 38,030 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Phone only charges while turned off

Tip us?

xartic12
Old
(Last edited by xartic12; 20th October 2013 at 04:19 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Default Phone only charges while turned off

My HTC One will only charge when the phone is off, not sure at all why this is. It was unlocked and has the stock rom on it, but it fails to recognize the device completely, when it is turned on and plugged into the wall or a usb port on my computer.

The phone however, will be recognized via fastboot and will charge either through AC or USB. I successfully was able to fastboot and push cm 10.2 on it. Still remains the same problem as before.

I cleaned the port out of the bottom to free it of dust and debris but no luck.

The phone itself will have a solid red charging light for 6 seconds, then it turns into a dim red light for 8 seconds, the led then turns off for 5 seconds and then the cycle repeats. The phone can only charge to 99% and never will show a green light for it fully charged, even after 2 days on the charge.

What the heck is the problem? I have read too many issues in regards to this and HTC has no acknowledged this one bit.

Do I have to replace the USB charging port? I ask that since my bootloader is unlocked.

xartic12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Seems that on a clean restart and on airplane mode, the phone can't even hold a day charge from 25%..

darks1der
Old
Thanks Meter 32

DONATE TO ME
My device started doing the same out of the blue. All was working fine untill about an hour ago. Now my device will not charge while the device is on. And no usb cable is being detected.
Phones
HTC Desire Z (retired)
HTC Incredible S (retired)
Nokia Lumia 800 Black Pre-production Model (retired) Dev Unlocked
Nokia Lumia 800 White (retired)
Samsung Galaxy SIII I9300 In use by my GF
HTC One White 32gb ViperOne 2.6.0

Tablets
Asus Transformer TF-101 + Dock (retired)
Google Nexus 7 Daily Tablet CM10.1

Need to get root access on everything. My developer sense is tingeling

racosta201045
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Default SOLUTION>>>?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by xartic12 View Post
My HTC One will only charge when the phone is off, not sure at all why this is. It was unlocked and has the stock rom on it, but it fails to recognize the device completely, when it is turned on and plugged into the wall or a usb port on my computer.

The phone however, will be recognized via fastboot and will charge either through AC or USB. I successfully was able to fastboot and push cm 10.2 on it. Still remains the same problem as before.

I cleaned the port out of the bottom to free it of dust and debris but no luck.

The phone itself will have a solid red charging light for 6 seconds, then it turns into a dim red light for 8 seconds, the led then turns off for 5 seconds and then the cycle repeats. The phone can only charge to 99% and never will show a green light for it fully charged, even after 2 days on the charge.

What the heck is the problem? I have read too many issues in regards to this and HTC has no acknowledged this one bit.

Do I have to replace the USB charging port? I ask that since my bootloader is unlocked.
Have you found a solution to the problem??? My phone recently started doing this

xartic12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by racosta201045 View Post
Have you found a solution to the problem??? My phone recently started doing this
I ended up selling it and going back with my LG OG pro. Warranty it, you will not find a solution as I wasted hours upon end looking for one.