Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Is this a good phone?

OP tjmortenson

29th January 2014, 01:34 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

33 posts
I picked up a one X today for a really good deal, even though I didn't really need a new phone. I currently have a tmobile Samsung galaxy s2 that I like but I like changing phones once and a while. So is the One X a good phone for normal use? I've heard the battery doesn't last long, is this true?
Thanks guys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th January 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #2  
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 458

1,171 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmortenson

I picked up a one X today for a really good deal, even though I didn't really need a new phone. I currently have a tmobile Samsung galaxy s2 that I like but I like changing phones once and a while. So is the One X a good phone for normal use? I've heard the battery doesn't last long, is this true?
Thanks guys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

yeah, my battery usually lasts only 3-3.5 hours screen on time with moderate use i.e browsing/sms/music/facebook at 35% brightness. Usually have to recharge it twice daily to get through the day. Performance is decent, and so is the camera.
29th January 2014, 09:03 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 607

1,915 posts
More
If you recharge it twice during a day you have wakelocks or a bad batt. I am currently on cm11 rom and i got 12hrs stand by and 4,5hrs of screen on time which is pretty decent. Also on sense i got 4hrs screen on and i never charged it twice. So my guess is... It will get you trough the day. But you may expect different things then i from it

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk
30th January 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

33 posts
alright I've used it a couple days and the battery lasts plenty long for me on the 4.2.2 update. I just gotta send it in to get the usb port fixed as it won't connect to a pc.
Thanks for the replies.
Last edited by tjmortenson; 30th January 2014 at 04:10 PM.
8th February 2014, 01:04 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
Every thing is good but battery

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
8th February 2014, 02:03 PM   |  #6  
Flag Leskovac, Serbia
Thanks Meter: 101

370 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkizy

Every thing is good but battery

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Yeah, it's very good phone, enough fast/snappy (for me atleast), tried it hand by hand with galaxy s4, and s4 is not much faster.
Bad things are battery and heat, and front camera in room, or somewhere where is light lower than on sun.
8th February 2014, 10:10 PM   |  #7  
Flag Somewhere Over The Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 1,066

1,846 posts
Donate to Me
More
the phone is good, battery not so much (old story...); anyway, the worst thing is tegra3 in my opinion, as HTC doesn't support it anymore... my next phone will be a qualcomm device
all in all, even if there is no more support and sense roms are "only" android 4.2.2, the custom ones are very good... i wouldn't buy a HOX again, but i won't sell mine
8th February 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #8  
Flag Ipswich
Thanks Meter: 4

30 posts
As others have said, the battery life is the one thing that lets this phone down. Everything else about it is excellent. It may not be able to compete with the latest smartphones but for a casual user it's still an excellent phone. The only other thing to be aware of is that the device will not get any more updates, so no KitKat. 4.2.2 is fine, though.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread