5,603,646 Members 36,083 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tell HTC what you think of no more One X updates!

Tip us?

saitch76
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 73
Post Tell HTC what you think of no more One X updates!

Now that HTC have confirmed they are not providing any further OS updates for the One X and the One X+, I started a thread in the One X+ forum with a survey monkey link to give us all the chance to tell HTC what we think of their decision. Please take 5 minutes to complete the survey. The thread is here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49619827

Many users are frustrated that HTC don't listen to their customers so I compiled the survey to give us all the opportunity to express our collected opinion. Carpe diem!
HTC One X+ (International)
ROM: InsertCoin 5.0-6 by baadnewz with Nova Launcher
HBOOT: 1.35.0000
Kernel: nik3r's EliteKernel OXP 140420
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0
Radio: 3.1204.168.32

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to saitch76 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Thareh
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Yeah, really bad move from HTC! :/

jeem1908
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Default Tell HTC what you think of no more One X updates!

yeah, you pay good money for a device with good spec and you expect, because of the spec you would get more updates other than just JB, poor move HTC

blockbusta
Old
Thanks Meter 97
It's not that I'm disappointed by the amount of updates, it's more that the updates HTC gave us constantly broke things. One of the first Updates added a new bootloader which broke the compactiblity of CM10, the update to 3.20.XXX.3 added a new touch driver which broke compactiblity to touch in recovery (at least if you still want to be able to use mass storage/adb) and the 4.2.2 update broke our wifi in october and htc still didn't bother to deliver a fix after almost half a year! I would have prefered when they had just made a single update from 4.0 to 4.2 and even keeped sense 4 as long as they had delived a fully working rom.
An other problem of htc are their kernel source releases: they always wait till the end of the 90-days-period after the rom-update before they release it, even though they definitly had it since the release of the rom update. Take an example at samsung: they haven't updated the note 3 to 4.4yet but the kernel source is already there!
I will never, ever again buy another HTC or Tegra phone.
GALAXY S--> GALAXY NEXUS --> GALAXY S3 --> ONE X --> MOTO G
The Following User Says Thank You to blockbusta For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JMCNZ
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Vote with your wallet, and don't buy HTC again. I certainly won't.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic4790139_2.gif

anoniemouse
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I think all phone manufacturers should keep phones updated for 2 years minimum as that is how long most phone contracts are for.
In the EU they are already covered by a 2 year warranty, i would expect the update issue to be forced in this region for the same reason.
Here is hoping any way
Sign up for a free 5GB Ubuntu One account, use this link & we both get an extra 500mb free https://one.ubuntu.com/referrals/referee/4021650/

hb5
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It is funny that for example LG will upgrade some low end devices to 4.4,a HTC wont upgrade One X and One X+ and they still have decent hardware and very nice display...shame on you HTC
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HTC One X (powered by Tegra 3) - Stock
HTC TouchDiamond 2 - Custom 6.5 Rom

ace9988
Old
Thanks Meter 102
I made my views pretty clear. HTC won't listen, if they do, it'll be a half ar**d support like the desire, desire HD...etc etc. Next time i'm just getting a google nexus phone outright and a 30 day rolling contract. Bye Bye HTC, hope you either learn or sink
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	2532521   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled1.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	2532523  
------------------
HTC Desire HD & Evo 3D R.I.P
-- HTC One X --
HP Touchpad -- Gone to a good home
Nexus 7 -- Given away...currently tablet-less
------------------
The Following User Says Thank You to ace9988 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rotten Ross
Old
Thanks Meter 15
The survey it doesn't mention the one x only the one x+, I am all for power to the consumer but HTC won't change their mind. I personally think if HTC had better update support then they would see a better market share. Look at the support Apple gave the iPhone 4/4s. I like HTC phones but I might look else where

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

einstien_ncp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten Ross View Post
The survey it doesn't mention the one x only the one x+, I am all for power to the consumer but HTC won't change their mind. I personally think if HTC had better update support then they would see a better market share. Look at the support Apple gave the iPhone 4/4s. I like HTC phones but I might look else where

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
What are the features on Kitkat that we don't have on 4.2.2 Sense 5 ?
I had the Frustration of updates when i was on desire z 2.2 and the upgrade to 2.3 (download manager and the toggle buttons) was extremely late in my country
but since hox started 4.1 i have not found Google adding any thing revolutionary that make a lot of difference to the device experience

I have been using HTC because of the build and the design of devices, only thing i hate about how htc handled hox is the brokern wifi on the current build, it has been disappointing