Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[HELP] PC not detecting my Asus TF300TG

OP jaffer707

25th January 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Some days ago i flashed CROMI-x 5.2.2 on my ASUS tf300tg... after some days i tried to transfer some files to my tab via USB data cable from my PC,,,, but my pc did not detect anything even no pop up in windows device manager, next day i bought new data cable but still same issue.. even though i have tried on several Pcs,, win 7/xp everything but nothing to see... My tab is as new ... Charging is perfect so there is nothing wrong with the USB port. All sorts of Asus drivers i have tried but still no luck.....today i managed to factory reset but still the same problem.....now root and TWRP both gone .......Any solution please
25th January 2014, 03:53 PM   |  #2  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,256
 
11,668 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffer707

Some days ago i flashed CROMI-x 5.2.2 on my ASUS tf300tg... after some days i tried to transfer some files to my tab via USB data cable from my PC,,,, but my pc did not detect anything even no pop up in windows device manager, next day i bought new data cable but still same issue.. even though i have tried on several Pcs,, win 7/xp everything but nothing to see... My tab is as new ... Charging is perfect so there is nothing wrong with the USB port. All sorts of Asus drivers i have tried but still no luck.....today i managed to factory reset but still the same problem.....now root and TWRP both gone .......Any solution please

It sounds like it's a windows driver issue mate. Remove the asus drivers and install the naked drivers found on xda. I think they are up to version 0.73 now.

Also CROMi-X 5.2.2 is old. Please upgrade to 5.3 once you get the drivers sorted.
25th January 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Well Dear,, I have tried this too, but still no progress ,, As i have described that my pc does not show any popup while attaching the USB, even nothing comes in Device manager,,, neither in Bootloader.
Honestly I am eager to Flash your CROMi-X 5.3 but i got the hurdle of this USB mess,,Before it was CROMi-X 5.2.2 in my ASUS tab...
25th January 2014, 05:38 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 408
 
511 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
If it is not the cable and you are sure that you installed the right USB drivers, it could be your PC USB port or (worst case) your tablet.
I am afraid you have to keep trying: use another USB port in your PC, use another PC, ...

Sent from my TF300T using XDA Premium HD app
25th January 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #5  
lj50036's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse
Thanks Meter: 1,774
 
2,206 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
Donate to Me
More
Linux
Go get Linux and all your problems will melt away...
The Following User Says Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2014, 07:30 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 126
 
186 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036

Go get Linux and all your problems will melt away...

Also true for linux on VirtualBox. Once, I successfully flashed recovery with virtualboxed xubuntu 13.10 on Windows 7 while Windows have no drivers for tablet.
26th January 2014, 12:59 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
let me try this...
27th January 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Will i have tried in linux on different platform....but still the same...no luck....
27th January 2014, 04:42 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
78 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
However,,,one developer told me to flashing kernel may solve this problem...well i am on Stock Rom ww 10.6.2.11... and i have downloaded 10.6.2.11 KERNEL .....now any one can explain how to flash it with usb Support????
27th January 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #10  
sbdags's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,256
 
11,668 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffer707

However,,,one developer told me to flashing kernel may solve this problem...well i am on Stock Rom ww 10.6.2.11... and i have downloaded 10.6.2.11 KERNEL .....now any one can explain how to flash it with usb Support????

You can't flash the kernel like that. That is the source code. Either use my kernel flasher from the CROMi-X thread post 2 to change kernels or you'll have to flash the Asus stock firmware. It includes the kernel blob which will get flashed at the time.

IMO it is unlikely flashing the kernel will fix your issue but you can try it and find out yourself It's much more likely to be your PC.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes