Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

[HELP] PC not detecting my Asus TF300TG

OP jaffer707

25th January 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

74 posts
Some days ago i flashed CROMI-x 5.2.2 on my ASUS tf300tg... after some days i tried to transfer some files to my tab via USB data cable from my PC,,,, but my pc did not detect anything even no pop up in windows device manager, next day i bought new data cable but still same issue.. even though i have tried on several Pcs,, win 7/xp everything but nothing to see... My tab is as new ... Charging is perfect so there is nothing wrong with the USB port. All sorts of Asus drivers i have tried but still no luck.....today i managed to factory reset but still the same problem.....now root and TWRP both gone .......Any solution please
25th January 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,118

11,630 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffer707

Some days ago i flashed CROMI-x 5.2.2 on my ASUS tf300tg... after some days i tried to transfer some files to my tab via USB data cable from my PC,,,, but my pc did not detect anything even no pop up in windows device manager, next day i bought new data cable but still same issue.. even though i have tried on several Pcs,, win 7/xp everything but nothing to see... My tab is as new ... Charging is perfect so there is nothing wrong with the USB port. All sorts of Asus drivers i have tried but still no luck.....today i managed to factory reset but still the same problem.....now root and TWRP both gone .......Any solution please

It sounds like it's a windows driver issue mate. Remove the asus drivers and install the naked drivers found on xda. I think they are up to version 0.73 now.

Also CROMi-X 5.2.2 is old. Please upgrade to 5.3 once you get the drivers sorted.
25th January 2014, 03:43 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

74 posts
Well Dear,, I have tried this too, but still no progress ,, As i have described that my pc does not show any popup while attaching the USB, even nothing comes in Device manager,,, neither in Bootloader.
Honestly I am eager to Flash your CROMi-X 5.3 but i got the hurdle of this USB mess,,Before it was CROMi-X 5.2.2 in my ASUS tab...
25th January 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #4  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 407

511 posts
If it is not the cable and you are sure that you installed the right USB drivers, it could be your PC USB port or (worst case) your tablet.
I am afraid you have to keep trying: use another USB port in your PC, use another PC, ...

Sent from my TF300T using XDA Premium HD app
25th January 2014, 06:10 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Muti-Verse
Thanks Meter: 1,524

1,874 posts
Donate to Me
More
Linux
Go get Linux and all your problems will melt away...
The Following User Says Thank You to lj50036 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 119

174 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036

Go get Linux and all your problems will melt away...

Also true for linux on VirtualBox. Once, I successfully flashed recovery with virtualboxed xubuntu 13.10 on Windows 7 while Windows have no drivers for tablet.
26th January 2014, 11:59 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

74 posts
let me try this...
27th January 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

74 posts
Will i have tried in linux on different platform....but still the same...no luck....
27th January 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #9  
OP Member

74 posts
However,,,one developer told me to flashing kernel may solve this problem...well i am on Stock Rom ww 10.6.2.11... and i have downloaded 10.6.2.11 KERNEL .....now any one can explain how to flash it with usb Support????
27th January 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Kenilworth, Coventry
Thanks Meter: 13,118

11,630 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffer707

However,,,one developer told me to flashing kernel may solve this problem...well i am on Stock Rom ww 10.6.2.11... and i have downloaded 10.6.2.11 KERNEL .....now any one can explain how to flash it with usb Support????

You can't flash the kernel like that. That is the source code. Either use my kernel flasher from the CROMi-X thread post 2 to change kernels or you'll have to flash the Asus stock firmware. It includes the kernel blob which will get flashed at the time.

IMO it is unlikely flashing the kernel will fix your issue but you can try it and find out yourself It's much more likely to be your PC.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread