5,600,335 Members 34,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[NIGHTLY][ROM][4.4] CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Captivate

Tip us?

pawitp
Old
(Last edited by pawitp; 7th April 2014 at 05:09 AM.)
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 16678
Default [NIGHTLY][ROM][4.4] CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung Captivate

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */
CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What are Nightly builds? Auto compiled builds of the latest CyanogenMod source from github. This version change each night and aren't officialy supported. If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).

Downloads

Latest build: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=captivatemtd
Google Apps: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps

Installation

- First time flashing CM11 to your Captivate (or coming from another ROM)?
  1. Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
  2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
  3. Do a Nandroid backup!
  4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
  5. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
  6. Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from CM7/CM9?
  1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
  2. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
  3. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
  4. Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from CM10/10.1?
  1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
  2. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
  3. You will finally see a "set_metadata_recursive" status 7 error. That is normal.
  4. Reboot back into recovery (the reboot is required)
  5. Install the ROM again from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
  6. Optionally restore /data from Nandroid Backup (the update will wipe your /data)
  7. Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from CM10.2?
  1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
  3. Optionally install the Google Addon
- Upgrading from another build of CM11?
  1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
Warning: You may get set_metadata_recursive related-errors during install if you're using a custom kernel without SELinux support. In that case, revert to the stock kernel before continuing or follow the instruction for upgrading from CM10.1.
Note: The partition layout of CM11 is the same as CM10.2.

Known Issues
See here

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

REPORT BUGS IN THIS THREAD ONLY
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow. Note: If you can provide the latest night/build that the bug didn't exist, it would greatly help in tracking down what caused it.

Code:
What is your--
Phone model:
Radio (baseband):
CM version:
CM Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
ART Runtime:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
FAQ
See here

IRC
Join us on #teamhacksung-support (user channel) or #teamhacksung (developer channel)

Changelog
A rough changelog is (will be) available here:
http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/captivatemtd/next or http://www.cmxlog.com/11/captivatemtd
The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
Please do not use email, PM or use social network to ask for support (use the thread), ask for help on another device (I can't help without access to the device) or recommendation on the "best" device/ROM (I only know about what I use).

If you like my work, please consider donating via PayPal using the address p.pawit [at] gmail.com
(if PayPal says that it is not available, please do not mark the payment as a donation and it will go through)
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to pawitp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

n205des
Old
Thanks Meter 317

DONATE TO ME
First!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to n205des For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mohammad.afaneh
Old
Thanks Meter 409
Good work mate
Samsung galaixy captivat stock cm11 powered by NeatKernl.
Samsung galaxy S3 SCH-I535 stock 4.3 .

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
My work:
[KERNEL][4.1 up to 4.4.2] NeatKernel v1.05 [Dual recovery] captivate vibrant galaxys
[ROM][4.1.2] Slim Bean UNOFFICIAL - I9003 [V3.0]
[ROM][CWM][3/2]JB XWLS8 afaneh Lite v1[DUALBOOT SUPPORT]

Thanks button doesn't bite

qwertyujhgfdsa
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Nice

865DETH
Old
Thanks Meter 16
how awesome is this! thank you pawitp!

ManaSV93
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Nice Work Pawitp! Finally Official

mossination
Old
Thanks Meter 157
Thanks for keeping our outdated device alive. We appreciate all the work you put into it.
The Following User Says Thank You to mossination For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Klitoni
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Thank you !!
Samsung Captivate running CyanogenMOD 10.1 & Samsung Galaxy S2 Stock

PxGold
Old
(Last edited by PxGold; 6th December 2013 at 11:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 19
I attempted to try it. I did use the new recommended Gapps. AT&T Captivate coming from CM 10.2 (4.3) stable. It would boot and then gave my a choice of two launchers. The first on I tried gave me intro screens but in about 30 seconds it would go into a soft reboot which it did not recover. I then did a reboot with the power and volume buttons and chose the second launcher. Same intro screen but it went a bit further and showed a few icons (which I did not recognize) and then in went into a soft reboot which again I had to do a reset. This time I wiped the caches and tried another reboot. I decided to wait a while when it rebooted to see if that made any difference. After about 45 seconds it went into another soft reboot. This time I did a restore and I am back to CM 10.2. I am going on vacation so I won't be able to try anything for 10 days.

hirent
Old
(Last edited by hirent; 7th December 2013 at 12:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 28
Same here; not booting.
Mine is stuck at the CM logo and the arrow going round and round the logo.
This has been going on for more than 2 hours now.
Going to pull the battery and try again.
MoPho HTC Evo Nook Color Samsung Captivate Viewsonic GTablet Nook Simple Touch HTC One Nook HD+
=======================================
After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says 'WTF'