HTC One S - voice quality

OP Rosinior

1st April 2012, 09:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 10

33 posts
More
For those who already have a One S, do you also have a contact noise in the background when you're talking to someone on the phone?

It gets louder if you turn up the volume and it is pretty annoying. Am I the only one having this problem?

What could be the reasons for this?
1st April 2012, 10:36 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

89 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinior

For those who already have a One S, do you also have a contact noise in the background when you're talking to someone on the phone?

It gets louder if you turn up the volume and it is pretty annoying. Am I the only one having this problem?

Did you check the review from the link here?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...67&postcount=6

No complaints from the guy who reviewed it there. How is the battery life on the device though? Any other complaints you got? I'm considering getting one soon.
2nd April 2012, 01:34 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

33 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywhy13

Did you check the review from the link here?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...67&postcount=6

No complaints from the guy who reviewed it there. How is the battery life on the device though? Any other complaints you got? I'm considering getting one soon.

In comparison to my hd2 it has a better battery life. I would say about 6-8 h online time. The only disturbing thing I found so far is the noise when calling someone.

The processor is devilishly good, everything is smooth and fast. Also it fits perfect in the hand, not too big and not too small either.
2nd April 2012, 08:38 AM   |  #4  
Flag Pensacola
Thanks Meter: 5

70 posts
More
Quote:

In comparison to my hd2 it has a better battery life. I would say about 6-8 h online time.

What type of usage are you talking about where you are getting only 6-8 hours?
2nd April 2012, 09:45 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

33 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeruil

What type of usage are you talking about where you are getting only 6-8 hours?

6-8 hours immense browsing with the phone. After that I have to recharge the battery, but not sure yet.

After 15 hours (about 30 mins using internet, most of this time in standby) I still got 75% of battery life.
2nd April 2012, 10:03 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 7

15 posts
More
I have 53% battery life after 24h not charging.
I used it for some surfing, sync, whatsapp, facebook and some other apps most time in wlan. 8h was completely standby, the rest was a mix of using and standby.
My first impression is, that the battery has an acceptable life.
2nd April 2012, 10:07 AM   |  #7  
Flag Pensacola

70 posts
More
That seems to be decent, though I do wonder how it'll be once it's all settled in, but back on topic. Do you still get that sound while using the headset or a bluetooth? Related to this, but is it just you or does the other person hear it, it might be the mic (or does the One S have a dual mic setup?) backfeeding or something like that.
2nd April 2012, 10:17 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 7

15 posts
More
Quote:

I have this problem too. It also feels like there are sometimes kind of interruptions in the conversation.
2nd April 2012, 12:10 PM   |  #9  
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 18

220 posts
Donate to Me
More
Haven't had a call yet...if the issue is there I hope it is a software bug. That can be fixed easily. I also hope they will get rid of that ugly on screen menu button and bring the htc sense blur live wallpaper back!
And the flip clock should always flip and not occasionally.
12th May 2012, 04:13 PM   |  #10  

59 posts
I received my replacement one s due to call quality issues and the new one is even worse. everyone says i sound like im in a tin can as my voice is SUPER muffled. they can hear when i start and stop talking but the words just arent sharp enough to hear anything. wtf is going on with this phone?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread