Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,395 Members 46,318 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Moga pro

Tip us?

deadfrog82
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default Moga pro

Has anyone purchased the moga pro controller? I know it just released today but was thinking of picking one up

Sent from my Beans enhanced note2

deadfrog82
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Anyone

deadfrog82
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Bump

drscott333
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Mine will be arriving in the mail tomorrow! Will report back with results.

derekthejw
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Watching this thread closely

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

derekthejw
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I couldn't wait for the review I just ordered it off amazon.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

drscott333
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Sorry for the delay, but it's well worth the money. The controls buttons are great and not obnoxiously clicky like the original "Moga Pocket" and the built in phone clip is sturdy. One review stated that it felt really top heavy with a phone attached, but I have no complaints

As advertised, it works flawlessly with GTA Vice City and NOVA 3, all of my other gaming has been with emulators though. Although it was a little tricky getting it set up with the emulators, once I got it figured out, it was great.

I haven't used it enough to rate the battery life, but it hasn't died yet at about 3 hours of gameplay and I would definitely recommend this as more and more games are being designed with Bluetooth controllers in mind.

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Apologies for typo's, it's annoying trying to send long messages from a phone.
Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One

Sharpshooterrr
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by drscott333 View Post
all of my other gaming has been with emulators though. Although it was a little tricky getting it set up with the emulators, once I got it figured out, it was great.
Isn't there any lag at all when playing with emulators like fpse?

drscott333
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I haven't tried that one...the emulators I've been running are EPSXE, N64oid, and GBC A.D. The only lag I've run into so far is with Mario Kart 64 and for some reason it only seems to occur on the 3rd lap. I flashed a different kernel and it seemed to cut down on the amount of lag, but didn't eliminate it completely. Other than that, no issues.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

I also understand that this is a Note II forum. I'm using a Galaxy Nexus so your Quad Core Tegra 3 may not see the same lag as my Dual Core OMAP.
Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One
The Following User Says Thank You to drscott333 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SoCalNewb
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I tried the original moga controller, and decided that I liked the ps3 controller with six axis app much better than moga.

Can't comment on the new moga controller.

Sent from my SCH-I605
Galaxy Note 3 (VZW) / Nexus 7