Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 44,807 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [M110S] Last ROM where ringtone is working?

Tip us?

peter-kim
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] [M110S] Last ROM where ringtone is working?

Hey guys,

Just recovered my M110S using RIFF...
All day reading this forum regarding 4.1.2 ringtone problem. Finally tried myself it really doesn't work, which is no good for me.

Question is - could you please recommend me last successful ROM(Gingerbread?), where things like WiFi/ringtone works and it has minimal lagging issues on M110S. Perhaps show me where I can read/download necessary files?

As the information really huge and scattered it's hard to find answer to my question...

Thanks to maintainers for a great job.

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter-kim View Post
As the information really huge and scattered it's hard to find answer to my question...
PIT STOP , only gingerbread ( stock & customized) fully stable

The Following User Says Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

peter-kim
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsenman View Post
PIT STOP , only gingerbread ( stock & customized) fully stable
[/CENTER]
Yep, while waiting I used
GFAN_M110S_FTE9K_WF07_ODEX_SP8_FOR_XDA.tar as ROM and tegrak-kernel-build-39-for-m110s-wf07.tar as kernel. Got 2.3.6, enabled lagfix(ext4). Looks to me it works fine and neat so far.

One more question I would like to ask...if I want to try other WF07 ROM's such as BBanana, Volt etc., should I again use the same kernel first, then one of those ROM's? As I understand above mentioned tegrak kernel 39 is compatible with all WF07 ROMs, is that correct?

Also downloaded from somewhere
M110S_FTE9K_WF07_SpeedMode_NOOC_ExtSD_Kernel.tar
but not sure if I need to apply this over what I've already flashed.

Thanks and cheers,

xsenman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter-kim View Post
One more question I would like to ask...if I want to try other WF07 ROM's such as BBanana, Volt etc., should I again use the same kernel first, then one of those ROM's? As I understand above mentioned tegrak kernel 39 is compatible with all WF07 ROMs, is that correct?

Also downloaded from somewhere
M110S_FTE9K_WF07_SpeedMode_NOOC_ExtSD_Kernel.tar
but not sure if I need to apply this over what I've already flashed.

Thanks and cheers,
All ROM's has kernel included, so IF you want to have additional features , than you flash the tegrak kernel to after the ROM is flashed.

the Ext SD CWM kernel is used for recovering from internal SD card problems , so do not use it until you need to use it.

The Following User Says Thank You to xsenman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]