Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more
Post Reply

[Q] Cannot write in to SD card (GN3 SM-N900 Kitkat 4.4.2)

OP kaew

29th January 2014, 03:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Pattaya
Thanks Meter: 0
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
I live in Thailand.
Galaxy Note3 (SM-N900) was updated to Kitkat4.4.2 yesterday.
When updating, it became impossible to write in a micro SD card.
New holder addition, file copy & paste, delete, and an application backup etc. cannot be performed.
Both are not made although checked by ES file manager and the ASTRO file manager.

But the photo taken with the standard camera can be saved on SD card.
Was the permission method to SD card changed?
Doesn't someone know the solution?
29th January 2014, 03:34 AM   |  #2  
radicalisto's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,455
 
3,584 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaew

I live in Thailand.
Galaxy Note3 (SM-N900) was updated to Kitkat4.4.2 yesterday.
When updating, it became impossible to write in a micro SD card.
New holder addition, file copy & paste, delete, and an application backup etc. cannot be performed.
Both are not made although checked by ES file manager and the ASTRO file manager.

But the photo taken with the standard camera can be saved on SD card.
Was the permission method to SD card changed?
Doesn't someone know the solution?

There is quite a few threads about this as it has been discussed at length, most of which also provide a fix.
29th January 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #3  
Member
Flag Patumthani
Thanks Meter: 14
 
38 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
This worked for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaew

I live in Thailand.
Galaxy Note3 (SM-N900) was updated to Kitkat4.4.2 yesterday.
When updating, it became impossible to write in a micro SD card.
New holder addition, file copy & paste, delete, and an application backup etc. cannot be performed.
Both are not made although checked by ES file manager and the ASTRO file manager.

But the photo taken with the standard camera can be saved on SD card.
Was the permission method to SD card changed?
Doesn't someone know the solution?

I also live in Thailand, use an N900 and updated with the Thai 4.4.2 and had this same problem. I followed the instructions on this page

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2617921

and it worked for me.

NOTE: your phone must be rooted!

Instructions here for rooting: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?

Hope it helps

chuvkt=2617932
Last edited by chuvk; 29th January 2014 at 03:50 AM. Reason: add info
The Following User Says Thank You to chuvk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th January 2014, 05:55 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 64
 
298 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaew

I live in Thailand.
Galaxy Note3 (SM-N900) was updated to Kitkat4.4.2 yesterday.
When updating, it became impossible to write in a micro SD card.
New holder addition, file copy & paste, delete, and an application backup etc. cannot be performed.
Both are not made although checked by ES file manager and the ASTRO file manager.

But the photo taken with the standard camera can be saved on SD card.
Was the permission method to SD card changed?
Doesn't someone know the solution?

hi ..
for solution read my post #8 link( i just answered this in another thread )
no root needed i am on kitkat v 4.4.2 ,stock rom
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49859527
good luck
Last edited by willcor; 29th January 2014 at 05:58 AM. Reason: extra info
29th January 2014, 07:22 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Flag Pattaya
Thanks Meter: 0
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuvk

I also live in Thailand, use an N900 and updated with the Thai 4.4.2 and had this same problem. I followed the instructions on this page

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2617921

and it worked for me.

NOTE: your phone must be rooted!

Instructions here for rooting: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?

Hope it helps

chuvkt=2617932



Thank you for your information.
I will refer to your advice and will try it.
31st January 2014, 01:45 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Pattaya
Thanks Meter: 0
 
21 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaew

Thank you for your information.
I will refer to your advice and will try it.


If ES File Explorer File Manager (January 29, 2014 update) is used, it is possible in edit of a file.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank