Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,247 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Problem with TWRP. PLEASE HELP!

Tip us?

Lieval
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy Problem with TWRP. PLEASE HELP!

So i bought this HTC EVO 4G LTE off ebay, well it has a huge problem that the seller did not tell me about. It has somehing called TWRP installed and I cannot do anything with this phone.
I cannot get past this screen weird twrp screen thingy. i would post a picture but I can't. it's grey and has a bunch of options. it's like a main menu
I have tried to figure this out and to be honest i have no idea what i'm even doing
Also from what i've seen seeing this stuff helps as well
This pops up when I hard reboot the phone

moonshine s-off
jewelpvt ship s-off rl
cid-spcs_001
hboot-2.09.4444
radio-1.12.11.1210
opendsp-v31.1.0.45.0815
emmc-boot
Oct 18 2012, 15:46:20

numel007
Old
Thanks Meter 387

DONATE TO ME
You're rooted. Run RUU tool to unroot and go back to complete stock. TWRP is the recovery menu and the gateway to flashing new roms and kernels etc.

Sent from my EVO
Device List: Sanyo Katana < UTStarcom Arc < LG Optimus S < HTC Evo LTE < Nexus 5
Nexus 5: SOKP (Private Build)
Kernel: ElementalX

The Following User Says Thank You to numel007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lieval
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by numel007 View Post
You're rooted. Run RUU tool to unroot and go back to complete stock. TWRP is the recovery menu and the gateway to flashing new roms and kernels etc.

Sent from my EVO
How do I run RUU where can I download it. I honestly have no idea how to do anything with phones.

numel007
Old
Thanks Meter 387

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieval View Post
How do I run RUU where can I download it. I honestly have no idea how to do anything with phones.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2197909

Go here and read through the instructions. I'm here if you have further questions.

Sent from my EVO
Device List: Sanyo Katana < UTStarcom Arc < LG Optimus S < HTC Evo LTE < Nexus 5

The Following User Says Thank You to numel007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lieval
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2197909

Go here and read through the instructions. I'm here if you have further questions.

Sent from my EVO
Okay so i downloaded and unzipped, The instructions on the thread are very vague
So I think i need to use a backdoor or something cause I can't get my phone to boot into android
Quote:
Q: But what if I can't get into Android?? Surely there is something I can do!?
A: Yes, I designed a "backdoor" to allow you into VipeRUU. However, BE CAREFUL! This skips important checks that VipeRUU does when it start (most importantly, if your phone really is an EVO 4G LTE!) but it will allow you to do this procedure from the bootloader. All you have to do is create a text file in the "files" folder called "bypass.txt" and then start the program. You'll be alerted with a few warnings when doing this.

Also do I need to have the phone plugged into the computer or something. I am so sorry but I am very lost

numel007
Old
Thanks Meter 387

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Okay so i downloaded and unzipped, The instructions on the thread are very vague
So I think i need to use a backdoor or something cause I can't get my phone to boot into android
Quote:
Q: But what if I can't get into Android?? Surely there is something I can do!?
A: Yes, I designed a "backdoor" to allow you into VipeRUU. However, BE CAREFUL! This skips important checks that VipeRUU does when it start (most importantly, if your phone really is an EVO 4G LTE!) but it will allow you to do this procedure from the bootloader. All you have to do is create a text file in the "files" folder called "bypass.txt" and then start the program. You'll be alerted with a few warnings when doing this.

Also do I need to have the phone plugged into the computer or something. I am so sorry but I am very lost
I've never done this process myself, but I'll do my best to help you.

First: reboot into your bootloader, Hold down power key with volume down key until it reboots into the screen where you listed all that information. It should have a white bacground.

Second: Naviagte to fastboot and hit the pwoerkey

Third: Connect computer to phone with usb

Fourth: create a blank bypass.txt file and place into the file named "file" from the zip you downloaded.

Fifth: Run ViperRUU and select whichever option you need.

Lieval
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I've never done this process myself, but I'll do my best to help you.

First: reboot into your bootloader, Hold down power key with volume down key until it reboots into the screen where you listed all that information. It should have a white bacground.

Second: Naviagte to fastboot and hit the pwoerkey

Third: Connect computer to phone with usb

Fourth: create a blank bypass.txt file and place into the file named "file" from the zip you downloaded.

Fifth: Run ViperRUU and select whichever option you need.
Okay i did all of that and it's saying my device wasn't detected

When I click fastboot it gives me 4 other options
Bootloader
Reboot
Reboot Bootloader
powerdown

numel007
Old
Thanks Meter 387

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Okay i did all of that and it's saying my device wasn't detected

When I click fastboot it gives me 4 other options
Bootloader
Reboot
Reboot Bootloader
powerdown
Are you running windows? Open up a command prompt and try to get su access through fastboot. You may not have high enough privleges. Also, do you have HTC drivers installed? Once you're inside the fastboot menu, don't touch anything. The reading on the top should say "Fastboot USB"

Lieval
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Are you running windows? Open up a command prompt and try to get su access through fastboot. You may not have high enough privleges. Also, do you have HTC drivers installed? Once you're inside the fastboot menu, don't touch anything. The reading on the top should say "Fastboot USB"
I do have windows and I know how to open a command prop

What is su access?

I'm sure I do since i'm the administrator, I have no idea about the drivers. The ones in the files folder I installed those I think

I am so sorry for all the trouble I really appreciate your help

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7,815

DONATE TO ME
Here is the link to the latest RUU I wouldn't mess with VipeRUU if you are not sure what you are doing.
http://www.htc.com/us/support/htc-ev...e-sprint/news/
\_(ツ)_/

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator

The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]