Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,007 Members 40,552 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

best tethering app

Tip us?

rachaelslp
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Smile best tethering app

I have upgraded to null 19 and my AT&T note 3 is stock. I tried foxfi first and it was painfully slow. I have open garden now and its faster but nothing will download from the play store. Takes too long. Is there a faster app?

audiokaos
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Personally I've always just used the native Android tether in the Cyanogen ROM's. Stock roms are boring..

rachaelslp
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiokaos View Post
Personally I've always just used the native Android tether in the Cyanogen ROM's. Stock roms are boring..
I don't think I'm ready to do that with my note 3. A little chicken. I was hoping that I could modify the watch enough without needing to mess with the phone. The watch will search the internet, go on the play store, but it never finishes downloading apps. And the other apps.like Google voice don't register the internet.

mikejames07
Old
Thanks Meter 4
I had great success with EasyTether Pro, it's a bit pricey but it worked well when my Note 3 was stock. You have to get EasyTether Pro for your phone and EasyTether Tablet for the gear. I also needed the xposed wifi spoof hack in order to download things from the play store if I remember correctly
The Following User Says Thank You to mikejames07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eroracing
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejames07 View Post
I had great success with EasyTether Pro, it's a bit pricey but it worked well when my Note 3 was stock. You have to get EasyTether Pro for your phone and EasyTether Tablet for the gear. I also needed the xposed wifi spoof hack in order to download things from the play store if I remember correctly
+1

Sent from my Note 3 SM-N900A rooted by Designgears

N-Veira
Old
Thanks Meter 0
EasyTether Pro is it worth it?, i have the same issue Foxfi is so Slow in my opinion its not even worth using at this point

hollandipiranha
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejames07 View Post
can these be sideloaded and work without null?

rachaelslp
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
I have tried open garden and it is much faster than foxfi. I just can't download anything or get my google voice or calendar to work. However, open garden is free....