FORUMS

[Q] Trying follow steps on rooting for 4.4

54 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I am trying to be able to get root on 4.4. I am currently on 4.2.2 (12.15.15) (camera update). I just rooted using RockMyMoto and ran through the MotoWPNoMo and I still get a "1" status when I type "adb shell getprop ro.boot.write_protect". Why is this happening?

Edit: By the way I have a Verizon carrier (if that matters).
Last edited by Dreadlord12p; 23rd January 2014 at 04:56 PM.

23rd January 2014, 05:56 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadlord12p

I am trying to be able to get root on 4.4. I am currently on 4.2.2 (12.15.15) (camera update). I just rooted using RockMyMoto and ran through the MotoWPNoMo and I still get a "1" status when I type "adb shell getprop ro.boot.write_protect". Why is this happening?

Carrier doesn't matter. Can you give a couple more details?

Can you paste the output of the motowpnmoto?

When I ran it initially, the output indicated to me it completed without error but I was still getting a 1. After I got it working properly, it fully ran and was clearly successful and i got a zero. I am thinking perhaps it didn't run properly and complete and it did not tell you that.

Check the main motowpnmoto thread and see if you can find my post. I think I posted a complete successful run for reference.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
23rd January 2014, 08:32 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

How many times have you run it, and did you keep your phone screen on? I think it requests a Give Root pop up for ADB
24th January 2014, 06:22 AM |#4  

More
Another question.
I was on 4.2.2, get root with RMM. Then i suceed with WPNoMo. I get "0" code.
Then I just got messed with SlapMyMoto - cant get it done. I decide to wipe Maxx with House of Moto. Wiped, install 4.4 ota. Now I'm without root, but adb script from WPNoMo still show me "0" code. Can I get root? Any help?
24th January 2014, 02:11 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag New Hampshire

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinitwarrior

How many times have you run it, and did you keep your phone screen on? I think it requests a Give Root pop up for ADB

I have run it twice with no errors. I had my screen on the whole time. I granted the SU access popup for ADB. I will give you my log report after this post.
24th January 2014, 04:47 PM |#6  
OP Member
Flag New Hampshire

More
Quote:

I have run it twice with no errors. I had my screen on the whole time. I granted the SU access popup for ADB. I will give you my log report after this post.

Never mind, I just tried it on my windows 7 laptop and it worked. It said "removed pesky write protection..."
The Following User Says Thank You to Dreadlord12p For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th January 2014, 06:33 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag New Hampshire

More
Exclamation F***!!
I followed all the steps for slapmymoto but when I try to install the 4.4 update, IT FAILS!! PLEASE HELP.
24th January 2014, 06:56 PM |#8  

More
Quote:

I followed all the steps for slapmymoto but when I try to install the 4.4 update, IT FAILS!! PLEASE HELP.

did you try the command to see if write protection is still off?
24th January 2014, 07:02 PM |#9  
OP Member
Flag New Hampshire

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinitwarrior

did you try the command to see if write protection is still off?

Yes and it gave me a blank. Not a 1 or a zero. If I did the last step on slapmymoto with the adb commands before I updated to 4.4, would that mess it up?

u0_a153@obake:/ $ su
root@obake:/ # getprop boot.write_protect

root@obake:/ #
Last edited by Dreadlord12p; 24th January 2014 at 07:17 PM.
24th January 2014, 07:38 PM |#10  
Flag Rochester, NY
Thanks Meter: 188

More
Quote:

Yes and it gave me a blank. Not a 1 or a zero. If I did the last step on slapmymoto with the adb commands before I updated to 4.4, would that mess it up?

What Failure are you getting?

Sent from my KitKat Ultra
24th January 2014, 07:39 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

I'm pretty sure, at least for me, that for the command prompt to work with adb the best, have one in the folder you have the adb stuff in and open it from there, because it sounds like your adb shell isn't running. Did you check processes on ctrl+shift+escape?

Edit: try "adb shell getprop ro.boot.write_protect"
Last edited by livinitwarrior; 24th January 2014 at 07:44 PM.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread