Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,766 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Trying follow steps on rooting for 4.4

Tip us?

Dreadlord12p
Old
(Last edited by Dreadlord12p; 23rd January 2014 at 04:56 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Question [Q] Trying follow steps on rooting for 4.4

I am trying to be able to get root on 4.4. I am currently on 4.2.2 (12.15.15) (camera update). I just rooted using RockMyMoto and ran through the MotoWPNoMo and I still get a "1" status when I type "adb shell getprop ro.boot.write_protect". Why is this happening?

Edit: By the way I have a Verizon carrier (if that matters).

Khanusma
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadlord12p View Post
I am trying to be able to get root on 4.4. I am currently on 4.2.2 (12.15.15) (camera update). I just rooted using RockMyMoto and ran through the MotoWPNoMo and I still get a "1" status when I type "adb shell getprop ro.boot.write_protect". Why is this happening?

Carrier doesn't matter. Can you give a couple more details?

Can you paste the output of the motowpnmoto?

When I ran it initially, the output indicated to me it completed without error but I was still getting a 1. After I got it working properly, it fully ran and was clearly successful and i got a zero. I am thinking perhaps it didn't run properly and complete and it did not tell you that.

Check the main motowpnmoto thread and see if you can find my post. I think I posted a complete successful run for reference.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

livinitwarrior
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:

How many times have you run it, and did you keep your phone screen on? I think it requests a Give Root pop up for ADB

eakazakov
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Another question.
I was on 4.2.2, get root with RMM. Then i suceed with WPNoMo. I get "0" code.
Then I just got messed with SlapMyMoto - cant get it done. I decide to wipe Maxx with House of Moto. Wiped, install 4.4 ota. Now I'm without root, but adb script from WPNoMo still show me "0" code. Can I get root? Any help?

Dreadlord12p
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinitwarrior View Post
How many times have you run it, and did you keep your phone screen on? I think it requests a Give Root pop up for ADB

I have run it twice with no errors. I had my screen on the whole time. I granted the SU access popup for ADB. I will give you my log report after this post.

Dreadlord12p
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
I have run it twice with no errors. I had my screen on the whole time. I granted the SU access popup for ADB. I will give you my log report after this post.
Never mind, I just tried it on my windows 7 laptop and it worked. It said "removed pesky write protection..."
The Following User Says Thank You to Dreadlord12p For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Dreadlord12p
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation F***!!

I followed all the steps for slapmymoto but when I try to install the 4.4 update, IT FAILS!! PLEASE HELP.

livinitwarrior
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I followed all the steps for slapmymoto but when I try to install the 4.4 update, IT FAILS!! PLEASE HELP.
did you try the command to see if write protection is still off?

Dreadlord12p
Old
(Last edited by Dreadlord12p; 24th January 2014 at 07:17 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinitwarrior View Post
did you try the command to see if write protection is still off?
Yes and it gave me a blank. Not a 1 or a zero. If I did the last step on slapmymoto with the adb commands before I updated to 4.4, would that mess it up?

u0_a153@obake:/ $ su
root@obake:/ # getprop boot.write_protect

root@obake:/ #

Caseyk621
Old
Thanks Meter 131
Quote:
Yes and it gave me a blank. Not a 1 or a zero. If I did the last step on slapmymoto with the adb commands before I updated to 4.4, would that mess it up?

u0_a153@obake:/ $ su
root@obake:/ # getprop boot.write_protect

root@obake:/ #
What Failure are you getting?

Sent from my KitKat Ultra