5,595,645 Members 45,374 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I9003 Flash ICS

Tip us?
 
Kuro1942
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Question I9003 Flash ICS

Hi. Can anyone help me flash a ics rom on i9003.
I dont have a clue how its done.I understand ICS is the most fastest.I dont need games or fancy apps.It has gingerbread but it lags a little.
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014_01_28_19.02.45.png
Views:	50
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	2545068  
 
mactolorix
Old
(Last edited by mactolorix; 29th January 2014 at 02:32 AM.) Reason: add words
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 32
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro1942 View Post
Hi. Can anyone help me flash a ics rom on i9003.
I dont have a clue how its done.I understand ICS is the most fastest.I dont need games or fancy apps.It has gingerbread but it lags a little.
Thanks.
In my opinion, Jellybean is better than ICS bro.
Try this bro >>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2431402

That is Cyanogenmod 10.2 Alpha 4 for our device Galaxy SL i9003 ported by dhiru1602 (Running Android Jellybean 4.3)

If it helped you out, don't forget to hit thanks :')
The Following User Says Thank You to mactolorix For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Kuro1942
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactolorix View Post
In my opinion, Jellybean is better than ICS bro.
Try this bro >>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2431402

That is Cyanogenmod 10.2 Alpha 4 for our device Galaxy SL i9003 ported by dhiru1602 (Running Android Jellybean 4.3)

If it helped you out, don't forget to hit thanks :')
Stock ROM
1. Flash CWM Compatible Kernel (CF ROOT)
2. Reboot to Recovery.
3. Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
4. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
5. The device will reboot and finish flashing.
6. Reboot to Recovery Again.
7. Flash Google Apps.
8. Reboot

So what?I am total noob at flashing android.
where can i find cf root? and how to flash?
 
mactolorix
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 32
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro1942 View Post
Stock ROM
1. Flash CWM Compatible Kernel (CF ROOT)
2. Reboot to Recovery.
3. Wipe Data / Factory Reset.
4. Select the ROM zip from your SD Card and flash.
5. The device will reboot and finish flashing.
6. Reboot to Recovery Again.
7. Flash Google Apps.
8. Reboot

So what?I am total noob at flashing android.
where can i find cf root? and how to flash?
for flashing clean stock rom DDLF2 for i9003, it includes CF-root for DDLF2 too
Go here bro >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2329200

This will help you bro, read and understand the instruction carefully )
 
Kuro1942
Old
(Last edited by Kuro1942; 29th January 2014 at 11:03 AM.) Reason: fixed it
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactolorix View Post
for flashing clean stock rom DDLF2 for i9003, it includes CF-root for DDLF2 too
Go here bro >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2329200

This will help you bro, read and understand the instruction carefully )
i think i just bricked my phone (
Its a black screen.i cant go in download mode or anything.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1498482
I folloed this to repartion the cache because after the rom update it cannot format cache.
Any help anyone?

Edit. After removing the battery it goes in recovery mode.Now i install the rom again.
 
Kuro1942
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2010
OK.I just download this rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2624488
Everything works nice but i cannot see sim contacts, but i can import the from sim to phone.
I search the forum for S3 look alike but RemICS V6 gives me a Status 6 error.
Can anyone know any custom rom like S3.I like the way you swipe to the right and you call and swipe to the left to SMS.
 
Guynan
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 85
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Auckland
Perhaps if you have an older device that is running gingerbread as it is, maybe it is better to use ICS over gingerbread. The triple buffering in jelly bean, although pretty, is quite CPU intensive on an older phone relative to ICS. Or GPU intensive if you decide to run your UI acceleration through the GPU.

Sent from my ST18i using xda app-developers app
 
LoLaTiOn
Old
(Last edited by LoLaTiOn; 29th January 2014 at 08:36 PM.)
#8  
LoLaTiOn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 9030
Posts: 2,637
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Tours
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro1942 View Post
OK.I just download this rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2624488
Everything works nice but i cannot see sim contacts, but i can import the from sim to phone.
I search the forum for S3 look alike but RemICS V6 gives me a Status 6 error.
Can anyone know any custom rom like S3.I like the way you swipe to the right and you call and swipe to the left to SMS.
many rom based on cyanogene no includ gapps
3. Flash ROM followed by Gapps

flash gapps now bro for 4.4 kitkat > http://goo.im/devs/BaNkS/GApps/4.4.2...4.2_signed.zip

contacts come from google after login google play
Current Projects and Rom's
If you donate, give priority at dhiru1602 to improve Custom Rom's Collections

The Following User Says Thank You to LoLaTiOn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Kuro1942
Old
(Last edited by Kuro1942; 29th January 2014 at 08:39 PM.)
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoLaTiOn View Post
flash gapps bro
if you are talking about BLUE LIGHTNING! then i did it.And i did a new install and the same.
pa_gapps-mini-4.4.2-20131230-galaxysl.zip
 
LoLaTiOn
Old
#10  
LoLaTiOn's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 9030
Posts: 2,637
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Tours
no need new instal you can reboot recovery for flash gapps bro

for your next flash

wipe data factory reset
mount and storage > format system
flash rom and gapps

enjoy...
Current Projects and Rom's
If you donate, give priority at dhiru1602 to improve Custom Rom's Collections


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes