Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 44,724 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fix for bootbrick

Tip us?

ttav
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1185
Default Fix for bootbrick

Haven`t seen anyone else mention this here yet so...

Myself and a few others have been affected by this seemingly unsolveable brick.Continous bootloops,Process system errors,loss of EFS folder so no network or WiFi.
I`ve been following this N900T thread as it has been pretty active http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...467001&page=39
A member bakachu posted a fix for the N900T and as i was getting extremely desperate i tried it.It works for me on my N9005
Go to post #350 for the fix and read onwards for confirmations.
Too put it mildly i`m so delighted to have my Note 3 back in working condition
Big thanks to all involved in that thread

Samsung Galaxy Note III (N9005)
Omega v4.0

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8010)
Omega v2.1
Zeus Kernel V3.0

Nexus 7
CleanROM 4.0
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ttav For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mwazeer
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttav View Post
Haven`t seen anyone else mention this here yet so...

Myself and a few others have been affected by this seemingly unsolveable brick.Continous bootloops,Process system errors,loss of EFS folder so no network or WiFi.
I`ve been following this N900T thread as it has been pretty active http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...467001&page=39
A member bakachu posted a fix for the N900T and as i was getting extremely desperate i tried it.It works for me on my N9005
Go to post #350 for the fix and read onwards for confirmations.
Too put it mildly i`m so delighted to have my Note 3 back in working condition
Big thanks to all involved in that thread
Hi op. My phone also bootloop after restore nadroid from twrp. I have 3 problem bootloop and system procrss error and no base band due to no efs folder. My question is you have same problem and you recoverd your phone to normal status? Plesae reply... waiting... crying...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

ttav
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwazeer View Post
Hi op. My phone also bootloop after restore nadroid from twrp. I have 3 problem bootloop and system procrss error and no base band due to no efs folder. My question is you have same problem and you recoverd your phone to normal status? Plesae reply... waiting... crying...

Exactly the same problems as you mate. All fixed and correct IMEI showing.
I had my Note 3 in it`s box ready to go for repair when i made a final check in that thread. So glad i did

Omega v4.0

Omega v2.1
Zeus Kernel V3.0

Nexus 7
CleanROM 4.0
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ttav For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mwazeer
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Exactly the same problems as you mate. All fixed and correct IMEI showing.
I had my Note 3 in it`s box ready to go for repair when i made a final check in that thread. So glad i did
Oh my God. Very good news Can you just tell me how to run adb command as i not understand it... Thank you sir again...

ttav
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1185
Quote:
Oh my God. Very good news Can you just tell me how to run adb command as i not understand it... Thank you sir again...

I had problems with adb as the drivers wouldn`t install properly with all the bootloops.I downloaded the latest TWRP 2.6.3.2 and used the Terminal Command in Advanced settings. I made sure i was in root directory then entered mke2fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 Didn`t use the rest of the code.
Went back to the wipe options and did a factory reset.

Omega v4.0

Omega v2.1
Zeus Kernel V3.0

Nexus 7
CleanROM 4.0
The Following User Says Thank You to ttav For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mwazeer
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
I had problems with adb as the drivers wouldn`t install properly with all the bootloops.I downloaded the latest TWRP 2.6.3.2 and used the Terminal Command in Advanced settings. I made sure i was in root directory then entered mke2fs /dev/block/mmcblk0p12 Didn`t use the rest of the code.
Went back to the wipe options and did a factory reset.
Sir to understand correctly i should take following step.
1.Flash stock rom from odin.
2. Flash twrp 2.6.3.2 from odin.
3. Go into twrp and in advanced setting used terminal command and then used mke2fs/dev/block/mmcblk0p12.
4. Again in twrp go in wipe option and do factory reset.
My steps are right? What do you mean by root directory? Plese help sir..

ttav
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1185
Quote:
Sir to understand correctly i should take following step.
1.Flash stock rom from odin.
2. Flash twrp 2.6.3.2 from odin.
3. Go into twrp and in advanced setting used terminal command and then used mke2fs/dev/block/mmcblk0p12.
4. Again in twrp go in wipe option and do factory reset.
My steps are right? What do you mean by root directory? Plese help sir..

Your steps are correct.
When you open Terminal Command you should check what directory is showing below the input box
just go up a level until you reach root directory. (\) Then press select and input the code.

Omega v4.0

Omega v2.1
Zeus Kernel V3.0

Nexus 7
CleanROM 4.0
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ttav For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mwazeer
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Your steps are correct.
When you open Terminal Command you should check what directory is showing below the input box
just go up a level until you reach root directory. (\) Then press select and input the code.
Thank you sir. I suggest you to open new thred in general section with step by step procedure so many 9005 bootloop member will get benefited...

ttav
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1185
Quote:
Thank you sir. I suggest you to open new thred in general section with step by step procedure so many 9005 bootloop member will get benefited...

One of the members of that thread was going to write an easy guide so i will leave it to him.
All credit goes to members of that thread and all thanks should be directed there.
I`m just extremely happy to pass the good news around.
Let me know when your phone is working again.

Omega v4.0

Omega v2.1
Zeus Kernel V3.0

Nexus 7
CleanROM 4.0
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ttav For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mwazeer
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
One of the members of that thread was going to write an easy guide so i will leave it to him.
All credit goes to members of that thread and all thanks should be directed there.
I`m just extremely happy to pass the good news around.
Let me know when your phone is working again.
Sir my phone in service center and if they fixed this problem without charging me anything its ok or if they give me replacement so i am waiting... otherwise now we have solution....
So if any other bootloop member should used this step and report back here. Thanks again as you are so kind...

The Following User Says Thank You to mwazeer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]