Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 42,016 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to Root the kindle Fire 2

Tip us?

Dassen
Old
(Last edited by Dassen; 8th October 2012 at 06:19 AM.) Reason: Additonal info; Original thread closed.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Default How to Root the kindle Fire 2

Alright, so I've seen alot of posts asking about a root for the kindle fire 2
We've had multiple members use this method and it seems to work absolutley fine.

Follow the steps in this thread to gain root,
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1893838

I was able to gain root while running ver 10.1.3 and I've seen many other members also able to do the same.

To use a launcher download the apk of the launcher you want to use, after installing move the apk file to your "app" folder found in the "system" file and change permissions for that apk to user - rw ; group - r ; other - r. Once those steps are done simply reboot your kindle and a prompt will appear asking which launcher to use.

Credits to the respective thread starters and to bodi524 for sharing the info with me.
[ list of recommended launchers ]
-Go launcher ( EX or HD )
-chameleon launcher
-lightning launcher
-nova launcher

there are a ton more to check out, just look around.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dassen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrisliphart
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassen View Post
Alright, so I've seen alot of posts asking about a root for the kindle fire 2
We've had multiple members use this method and it seems to work absolutley fine.

Fopllow the steps in this thread to gain root,
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1893838

I was able to gain root while running ver 10.1.3 and I've seen many other members also able to do the same.
Huh. I can't get the .bat to recognize the device, despite installing the drivers and enabling ADB on the Kindle. However, when I do install the drivers, the installer looks like they install properly, yet I get a dialog that says "Drivers not installed successfully. Install manually." Or something to that effect. Thoughts?
Samsung Galaxy S5 (T-Mobile): Stock Rooted

If I've helped you in any way, please hit the Thanks button!

Dassen
Old
(Last edited by Dassen; 6th October 2012 at 04:41 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 45
Got the same error , I just tried re installing the drivers a couple of times and it worked, I actually got an error message while installing the drivers once that read drivers installed unsuccessfully then tried to run the bat for the luls and that's when the root worked. xD

I dont really know what the deal is with the drivers but it seems like they arent that important... try re-installing them a couple times see if that helps.

mobiletnerd
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Spent too much time on it. Reverted back by the end!!

orgproject
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Help Me Please. I root KindleFire 2 gen

i root my Kindle Fire (2nd Generation) Software Version 10.1.3 by How to root tool Qemu http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1893838

but i can't copy file .apk to folder /system/app and program Root Explorer show detail /dev/block/platform/omap/omap_hsmmc.1/by-name/System (r/o) and don't have Remount as R/W button

help me please.

pcwizkid1994
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Can any one give a more detailed guide on how to move the .apk and change the settings to get it to work??

Would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Sent from my KF2 using xda app-developers app

433Mhz
Old
(Last edited by 433Mhz; 24th November 2012 at 09:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Now that's ****ing great.

I tried rooting it a couple times without success. It always came down to the 5073 port error and after too many restarts it is increadibly slow plus the kindle fire logo is flickering on the screen every few seconds...

Edit:

OK after painfully managing to finally get to the "reset factory settings" it is working again. But I think this root method might not be working for me with Version 10.2.1

m1416
Old
(Last edited by m1416; 24th November 2012 at 10:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Root Kindle Fire 2 v10.2.1

Hi, I tried using [ROOT][TOOL]Qemu automated root [09/18/2012] Got the drivers installed succesfully and then ran the bat file but does not seem to work. My kindle fire 2 version is v10.2.1 anyone had success with this one yet?

Never mind I tried with a Samsung USB cable and it worked.

pcwizkid1994
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have mine rooted on 10.2.1 and running go luncher ex

Sent from my KF2 using xda app-developers app

433Mhz
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Is it possible, that Windows 8 64bit might be an issue? Installing the drivers was only possible after renaming the signed drivers by deleting the "signed_" part. the bat installer only recognizes the device after repluging it a couple times. Then I get a cmd line saying "root or "shell" but putting in the stuff from the video doesn't work.