Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

HOX constantly rebooting after official HTC update to jelly bean

OP LazySheep

29th January 2014, 08:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Hi,

After updating the software using the "software updates" from the settings to Jelly Bean, the device won;t start up, it will show the HTC splash screen and reboot.

I tried to do a factory reset and to shutdown the device but every time i connect the charger it will start up again and enter an infinite loop, I cannot flash a new recovery or firmware.zip using the fastboot because the device does not have enough battery (I tried recharging it using a script that will loop and enter it to reload bootloader but it is not enough, I got it up to 10%, no more)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Doron
29th January 2014, 12:27 PM   |  #2  
Bobbi lim's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
613 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Try leaving your phone to charge overnight and unlock its bootloader the next morning than follow the required steps to flash a recovery. On the recovery itself, try to make a factory reset of your stock rom and see whether it can still work or not.

If can't than you'll just have to give custom rom a try to see how it goes than
29th January 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #3  
hapticc's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 154
 
671 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazySheep

Hi,

After updating the software using the "software updates" from the settings to Jelly Bean, the device won;t start up, it will show the HTC splash screen and reboot.

I tried to do a factory reset and to shutdown the device but every time i connect the charger it will start up again and enter an infinite loop, I cannot flash a new recovery or firmware.zip using the fastboot because the device does not have enough battery (I tried recharging it using a script that will loop and enter it to reload bootloader but it is not enough, I got it up to 10%, no more)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Doron

Ok so its easy download the latest ruu from THIS THREAD for your phone charge it up and to check the charge percentage use fastboot getvar all command

In that see battery it must be above 3680volt if not USE THIS THREAD ON HOW TO CHARGE BATTERY after succesfully charging battery run RUU and you are good to go. GOOD LUCK
29th January 2014, 02:43 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,846
 
14,376 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapticc

Ok so its easy download the latest ruu from THIS THREAD for your phone charge it up and to check the charge percentage use fastboot getvar all command

In that see battery it must be above 3680volt if not USE THIS THREAD ON HOW TO CHARGE BATTERY after succesfully charging battery run RUU and you are good to go. GOOD LUCK

Not so easy, he tried using the script to charge and it's not going up. You have to start there, that's the main problem !

Make sure the script runs with admin rights, and use only the original HTC usb cable and connect it straight to a powered usb 2.0 port on the pc (no hubs, extension cords)

Keep it running for a long time, that process may take many hours.

Fastboot getvar all is not needed, the script tells you exactly what the batt level is after each reboot.

Keep trying the script, it's the only way to charge now. Try to get it just over 10%, it's enough to flash. If you get to that point you flash this recovery asap !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqzlpqo8il...y%205.15.9.img

And enter it. Hook the phone up to the main (wall outlet) charger and let it charge to a 100% then we can continue
Last edited by Mr Hofs; 29th January 2014 at 02:46 PM.
29th January 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

Not so easy, he tried using the script to charge and it's not going up. You have to start there, that's the main problem !

Make sure the script runs with admin rights, and use only the original HTC usb cable and connect it straight to a powered usb 2.0 port on the pc (no hubs, extension cords)

Keep it running for a long time, that process may take many hours.

Fastboot getvar all is not needed, the script tells you exactly what the batt level is after each reboot.

Keep trying the script, it's the only way to charge now. Try to get it just over 10%, it's enough to flash. If you get to that point you flash this recovery asap !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqzlpqo8il...y%205.15.9.img

And enter it. Hook the phone up to the main (wall outlet) charger and let it charge to a 100% then we can continue

Thank you all for your answers!

I got it yesterday to about 10%, so maybe i will be able to do it again, can you tell me how can I flash this recovery? I saw that the boot loader is locked (On the top of the bootloader there is a pink line sais locked) can I still flash?
29th January 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,846
 
14,376 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
Ah no...but since you are locked you have warranty !

Don't unlock it before you let yourself informed about that !!!

Unlocking the bootloader is needed in order to flash anything except a ruu. But for a ruu you need minimal 30% of battery
29th January 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

Ah no...but since you are locked you have warranty !

Don't unlock it before you let yourself informed about that !!!

Unlocking the bootloader is needed in order to flash anything except a ruu. But for a ruu you need minimal 30% of battery

That is what i was afraid of, do you think i can get to 30% with this method?
How do i unlock the bootloader?

I talked to HTC today, because the 1 year has passed they suggested only out of warranty repair so...

What do you suggest?
29th January 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #8  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,846
 
14,376 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
My suggestion is to try the sctipt and run a ruu first.

We need a fastboot command to get the correct one

Fastboot getvar version-main

Otherwise it's getting over 10% and unlock, flash a recovery and continue from there.

Unlocking goes via the HTC dev site.
29th January 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs

My suggestion is to try the sctipt and run a ruu first.

We need a fastboot command to get the correct one

Fastboot getvar version-main

Otherwise it's getting over 10% and unlock, flash a recovery and continue from there.

Unlocking goes via the HTC dev site.

Will i be able to flash ruu after replacing the recovery?

How will i know that i got to 30% ?
29th January 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 8,846
 
14,376 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
Flashing a ruu doesnt need any changes to the phone ! It's locked and stock. Ruu's can be flashed straight away that way. See if you can reach that 3700-3800 mV

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes