Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,435 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HOX constantly rebooting after official HTC update to jelly bean

Tip us?

LazySheep
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default HOX constantly rebooting after official HTC update to jelly bean

Hi,

After updating the software using the "software updates" from the settings to Jelly Bean, the device won;t start up, it will show the HTC splash screen and reboot.

I tried to do a factory reset and to shutdown the device but every time i connect the charger it will start up again and enter an infinite loop, I cannot flash a new recovery or firmware.zip using the fastboot because the device does not have enough battery (I tried recharging it using a script that will loop and enter it to reload bootloader but it is not enough, I got it up to 10%, no more)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Doron

Bobbi lim
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Try leaving your phone to charge overnight and unlock its bootloader the next morning than follow the required steps to flash a recovery. On the recovery itself, try to make a factory reset of your stock rom and see whether it can still work or not.

If can't than you'll just have to give custom rom a try to see how it goes than
Sent from my Nexus 7 2013 running Android L

hapticc
Old
Thanks Meter 128

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazySheep View Post
Hi,

After updating the software using the "software updates" from the settings to Jelly Bean, the device won;t start up, it will show the HTC splash screen and reboot.

I tried to do a factory reset and to shutdown the device but every time i connect the charger it will start up again and enter an infinite loop, I cannot flash a new recovery or firmware.zip using the fastboot because the device does not have enough battery (I tried recharging it using a script that will loop and enter it to reload bootloader but it is not enough, I got it up to 10%, no more)

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Doron
Ok so its easy download the latest ruu from THIS THREAD for your phone charge it up and to check the charge percentage use fastboot getvar all command

In that see battery it must be above 3680volt if not USE THIS THREAD ON HOW TO CHARGE BATTERY after succesfully charging battery run RUU and you are good to go. GOOD LUCK
Visit Phone Horn for latest Mobile News and Reviews

Mr Hofs
Old
(Last edited by Mr Hofs; 29th January 2014 at 01:46 PM.)
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 8,438

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hapticc View Post
Ok so its easy download the latest ruu from THIS THREAD for your phone charge it up and to check the charge percentage use fastboot getvar all command

In that see battery it must be above 3680volt if not USE THIS THREAD ON HOW TO CHARGE BATTERY after succesfully charging battery run RUU and you are good to go. GOOD LUCK
Not so easy, he tried using the script to charge and it's not going up. You have to start there, that's the main problem !

Make sure the script runs with admin rights, and use only the original HTC usb cable and connect it straight to a powered usb 2.0 port on the pc (no hubs, extension cords)

Keep it running for a long time, that process may take many hours.

Fastboot getvar all is not needed, the script tells you exactly what the batt level is after each reboot.

Keep trying the script, it's the only way to charge now. Try to get it just over 10%, it's enough to flash. If you get to that point you flash this recovery asap !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqzlpqo8il...y%205.15.9.img

And enter it. Hook the phone up to the main (wall outlet) charger and let it charge to a 100% then we can continue

LazySheep
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hofs View Post
Not so easy, he tried using the script to charge and it's not going up. You have to start there, that's the main problem !

Make sure the script runs with admin rights, and use only the original HTC usb cable and connect it straight to a powered usb 2.0 port on the pc (no hubs, extension cords)

Keep it running for a long time, that process may take many hours.

Fastboot getvar all is not needed, the script tells you exactly what the batt level is after each reboot.

Keep trying the script, it's the only way to charge now. Try to get it just over 10%, it's enough to flash. If you get to that point you flash this recovery asap !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqzlpqo8il...y%205.15.9.img

And enter it. Hook the phone up to the main (wall outlet) charger and let it charge to a 100% then we can continue
Thank you all for your answers!

I got it yesterday to about 10%, so maybe i will be able to do it again, can you tell me how can I flash this recovery? I saw that the boot loader is locked (On the top of the bootloader there is a pink line sais locked) can I still flash?

Mr Hofs
Old
Thanks Meter 8,438

DONATE TO ME
Ah no...but since you are locked you have warranty !

Don't unlock it before you let yourself informed about that !!!

Unlocking the bootloader is needed in order to flash anything except a ruu. But for a ruu you need minimal 30% of battery

LazySheep
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Ah no...but since you are locked you have warranty !

Don't unlock it before you let yourself informed about that !!!

Unlocking the bootloader is needed in order to flash anything except a ruu. But for a ruu you need minimal 30% of battery
That is what i was afraid of, do you think i can get to 30% with this method?
How do i unlock the bootloader?

I talked to HTC today, because the 1 year has passed they suggested only out of warranty repair so...

What do you suggest?

Mr Hofs
Old
Thanks Meter 8,438

DONATE TO ME
My suggestion is to try the sctipt and run a ruu first.

We need a fastboot command to get the correct one

Fastboot getvar version-main

Otherwise it's getting over 10% and unlock, flash a recovery and continue from there.

Unlocking goes via the HTC dev site.

LazySheep
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
My suggestion is to try the sctipt and run a ruu first.

We need a fastboot command to get the correct one

Fastboot getvar version-main

Otherwise it's getting over 10% and unlock, flash a recovery and continue from there.

Unlocking goes via the HTC dev site.
Will i be able to flash ruu after replacing the recovery?

How will i know that i got to 30% ?

Mr Hofs
Old
Thanks Meter 8,438

DONATE TO ME
Flashing a ruu doesnt need any changes to the phone ! It's locked and stock. Ruu's can be flashed straight away that way. See if you can reach that 3700-3800 mV