5,605,519 Members 45,583 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[BOOTANIMATION][APP] N7 BIOS Boot

Tip us?
 
BrianAllred
Old
(Last edited by BrianAllred; 26th January 2014 at 02:39 AM.)
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 202
Posts: 279
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lubbock

 
DONATE TO ME
Default [BOOTANIMATION][APP] N7 BIOS Boot

Hey, guys! I originally hail from the Nexus 5 forum. However, I've received tremendous response to my Nexus 5 BIOS boot animation that I decided to go ahead and throw in support for the Nexus 7 2013! However, I don't have a Nexus 7 (old OR new) to test on, so I was hoping that's where you would come in. Also, I tried to get most of the parts right, however, I couldn't find some of them, so if you know what I missed, please let me know!

Testing seemed to go very well (here and elsewhere I asked for it), so I went ahead and published the official Nexus 7 2013 update! It will be available at the app store page linked below.


Download:
Here!
Or in the Play Store as "[Root] BIOS Boot for Nexus"!

Please, let me know if it works and if not, what broke. I would sincerely appreciate it!

Animation:
 



If you liked my post or I helped you, consider buying me a beer!

BTC: 1NMfhcdWTpDEgUNB2nWUzwjvraBcHzDj7d
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BrianAllred For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
spartacus279
Old
#2  
spartacus279's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 88
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Wow this looks amazing , I'm going to install It right now and let you know how it works!


----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: Google Nexus 4 /HTC One
Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (2013)
 
aresbv2000
Old
#3  
aresbv2000's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 216
Posts: 535
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Brasov
looks nice...but why don`t u just make a flashable zip for this bootanimation?The path for bootanimation is /system/media/bootanimation.zip
Or simply just give us the zip conaining the bootanimation.We can copy/paste it to the right location and set the permissions.
Have a nice day!
 
spartacus279
Old
#4  
spartacus279's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 88
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Loving this so far , thanks for porting this over amazing job!


----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: Google Nexus 4 /HTC One
Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to spartacus279 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
BrianAllred
Old
#5  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 202
Posts: 279
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lubbock

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresbv2000 View Post
looks nice...but why don`t u just make a flashable zip for this bootanimation?The path for bootanimation is /system/media/bootanimation.zip
Or simply just give us the zip conaining the bootanimation.We can copy/paste it to the right location and set the permissions.
Have a nice day!
The main reason is that different devices boot up differently. Over in the Nexus 5 thread, I was getting lots of requests to speed up or slow down the animation, and it just got old maintaining that many different versions. I had the idea of letting the users pick their FPS, but that requires an app like this.

My secondary reasons are that A) I'd never done an app before and wanted an excuse to develop one, and B) I can include all the Nexus animations in one app and put it on the Play Store. It's actually already on there, and once I get the all clear from more N7 users, I'm going to update it and post the link here (keeping the free version up), just in case anyone wants to support me.
If you liked my post or I helped you, consider buying me a beer!

BTC: 1NMfhcdWTpDEgUNB2nWUzwjvraBcHzDj7d
 
Abel669
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 256
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chesterfield

 
DONATE TO ME
This app is awesome. I have set mine to display at 10fps, and if will finish literally 1 second before my phone is in a usable state

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Abel669 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
BrianAllred
Old
#7  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 202
Posts: 279
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lubbock

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abel669 View Post
This app is awesome. I have set mine to display at 10fps, and if will finish literally 1 second before my phone is in a usable state

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Awesome! Do you (or anyone else using this app) think you could provide some screenshots I could use for the app store page? I don't have a 7" tablet on me, and my Android Studio emulator has never really worked properly.

Thanks!

Also, updated OP with store link. Published the official Nexus 7 2013 update and it should be available soon!
If you liked my post or I helped you, consider buying me a beer!

BTC: 1NMfhcdWTpDEgUNB2nWUzwjvraBcHzDj7d
 
aresbv2000
Old
#8  
aresbv2000's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 216
Posts: 535
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Brasov
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAllred View Post
Awesome! Do you (or anyone else using this app) think you could provide some screenshots I could use for the app store page? I don't have a 7" tablet on me, and my Android Studio emulator has never really worked properly.

Thanks!

Also, updated OP with store link. Published the official Nexus 7 2013 update and it should be available soon!
How can we make screenshots before android system is booted?I have installed your bootanimation.10 fps is the best for me.If you explain me how cand i make screenshots of the bootanimation i will make them for you.Thank you for your effort.
 
BrianAllred
Old
#9  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 202
Posts: 279
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lubbock

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresbv2000 View Post
How can we make screenshots before android system is booted?I have installed your bootanimation.10 fps is the best for me.If you explain me how cand i make screenshots of the bootanimation i will make them for you.Thank you for your effort.
I mean just of the app itself. Thanks!
If you liked my post or I helped you, consider buying me a beer!

BTC: 1NMfhcdWTpDEgUNB2nWUzwjvraBcHzDj7d
 
Abel669
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 87
Posts: 256
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chesterfield

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAllred View Post
I mean just of the app itself. Thanks!
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0Bz...dWb2pFV3M/edit

Here you go, all capped from within the app, all in immersive mode

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The Following User Says Thank You to Abel669 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes