Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,490 Members 44,666 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Completely wipe Note 3 N9005

Tip us?

sherbie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Completely wipe Note 3 N9005

I'm looking to completely 100% wipe my Note 3. I mean everything, SD card, System, CSC, bootloader, everything.

I've been flashing ROM's, recoveries and other files like crazy these last few weeks in order to revive it from a soft brick and now I want a totally fresh phone without any risk of dodgy files hanging around in unseen areas.

I'm aware of the usual "Settings > Storage > Format USB Storage" and CWM format methods however I want to know how to wipe more than just my "system" partition.

I'm using an N9005 if that's useful to anyone.

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1389

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbie View Post
I'm looking to completely 100% wipe my Note 3. I mean everything, SD card, System, CSC, bootloader, everything.

I've been flashing ROM's, recoveries and other files like crazy these last few weeks in order to revive it from a soft brick and now I want a totally fresh phone without any risk of dodgy files hanging around in unseen areas.

I'm aware of the usual "Settings > Storage > Format USB Storage" and CWM format methods however I want to know how to wipe more than just my "system" partition.

I'm using an N9005 if that's useful to anyone.
IN CWM just delete all data /ext SD card /dalvik etc etc, then relash Stock and it should be like brand new out of the box.
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sherbie
Old
(Last edited by sherbie; 1st February 2014 at 04:57 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
IN CWM just delete all data /ext SD card /dalvik etc etc, then relash Stock and it should be like brand new out of the box.
Thanks for your reply. It's my understanding that if I have downloaded a CSC/pit file containing carrier specific bloatware, it will still install that bloatware once I start the phone up again. Is that correct or will wiping everything and flashing a new (non-bloated) ROM as you said replace this pit/CSC bloatware too?

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1389

DONATE TO ME
If you flash a stock rom like XEO (Polish version) there's nothing on it at all.

It has multi csc for most of Europe. Not region specific so to speak.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal) > LG G3 (Titan Grey)
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sherbie
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sweet! So a ROM with a good CSC like the Polish Stock KitKat ROM will overwrite any issues or bloat that were caused by the old CSC.

Thanks for your help

svarognsa
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Polish version changed my csc from carrier specific TEB into regional SEE, but installed one (and only) app from my service provider.

Only bloat installed was the one from Samsung, but in KitKat most of it can be turned off without root.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk