Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,844 Members 51,655 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Petition to unlock bootloader

Tip us?

jake.99x3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Default Petition to unlock bootloader

THIS IS A PETITION TO UNLOCK OUR PHONES BOOTLOADERS
Yes I realize this has been posted several times but it seems to have died out again so im restarting it. We are 431 signatures away. Sign here - http://www.change.org/petitions/sams...on-s4-sch-i545
I'M AN ANGRY FLASHER
iPhone 3g - iPhone 4 - Nexus 4 - Galaxy s4 - Htc One M8
DON'T BE AFRAID TO HIT THE THANKS BUTTON
UNLOCKED BL S-OFF TWRP CM 11

scryan
Old
(Last edited by scryan; 3rd June 2014 at 12:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake.99x3 View Post
We are 431 signatures away.
Away from what

edit: Jesus, just clicked the link... at least make a real attempt? what the hell is

"To:
Kwon Oh Hyun, Samsung USA
Daniel S. Mead, Verizon Wireless
Samsung USA and Verizon Wireless

Please unlock the bootloader of the SCH-I545, respectively. We wouldn't want this device to be retired due to the fact that the people are not fully satisfied with it in its current state.
Sincerely,
[Your name]"

First off, this was clearly copy and pasted... Why does it say "Please unlock the bootloader of the SCH-I545, respectively". The word "respectively" would be used if there was multiple things being asked for, with different details to each... saying respectively lets you know that the list of details was given in the same order as the list of things those details apply to.

Secondly, who is "We" in the "We wouldn't want this device to be retired due to the fact that the people are not fully satisfied with it in its current state"? Because Samsung DEFINITELY wants you to retire you S4 and buy an S5...

Thirdly, that sounds vaguely like your trying to come off threatening... is that really the intent?

Lastly... Is this a letter I am supposed to send it? Its like the description of this petition but then has a generic [your name] at the end where I would expect the author of the petition to have signed?

I'm on your side and I found more things wrong with your petition the the number of sentences it features. Thats not good.

Please don't come back and say "OHHHH I DIDNT WRITE IT". If you didn't, please don't redistribute such crap... really poor representation of our requests.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scryan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jake.99x3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by scryan View Post
Away from what

edit: Jesus, just clicked the link... at least make a real attempt? what the hell is

"To:
Kwon Oh Hyun, Samsung USA
Daniel S. Mead, Verizon Wireless
Samsung USA and Verizon Wireless

Please unlock the bootloader of the SCH-I545, respectively. We wouldn't want this device to be retired due to the fact that the people are not fully satisfied with it in its current state.
Sincerely,
[Your name]"

First off, this was clearly copy and pasted... Why does it say "Please unlock the bootloader of the SCH-I545, respectively". The word "respectively" would be used if there was multiple things being asked for, with different details to each... saying respectively lets you know that the list of details was given in the same order as the list of things those details apply to.

Secondly, who is "We" in the "We wouldn't want this device to be retired due to the fact that the people are not fully satisfied with it in its current state"? Because Samsung DEFINITELY wants you to retire you S4 and buy an S5...

Thirdly, that sounds vaguely like your trying to come off threatening... is that really the intent?

Lastly... Is this a letter I am supposed to send it? Its like the description of this petition but then has a generic [your name] at the end where I would expect the author of the petition to have signed?

I'm on your side and I found more things wrong with your petition the the number of sentences it features. Thats not good.

Please don't come back and say "OHHHH I DIDNT WRITE IT". If you didn't, please don't redistribute such crap... really poor representation of our requests.
Hey buddy hop off. I will say I didn't write it because that's what I want to do. Secondly, maybe you should work on developing and attempting to better the community rather than being an ass hole. Thanks and have a nice day while leaving me alone so that I may do so as well.
I'M AN ANGRY FLASHER

scryan
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Hey buddy hop off. I will say I didn't write it because that's what I want to do. Secondly, maybe you should work on developing and attempting to better the community rather than being an ass hole. Thanks and have a nice day while leaving me alone so that I may do so as well.
xda-developers.com

If you want to watch thats fine.... but Its an Android Development community. You reposting ridiculous online petitions is certainly not bettering the community and honestly if I can do even a little to keep us from being represented by that piece of **** I will have done a great service.
The Following User Says Thank You to scryan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mike.s
Old
Thanks Meter 150
If I were an executive, and got a letter/petition written like that, I'd just dismiss it as coming from someone having a hard time keeping up in middle school (and who's parents were actually paying for their phone). Seriously, that petition is a waste of time and effort.
The Following User Says Thank You to mike.s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mistertac
Old
Thanks Meter 1418

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Your hearts in the right place man. Maybe just clean it up a bit and make it more professional.

Also... go easy guys...a mod is definitely going to step in here and clean this thread and possibly close it due to the language.

I'm not taking sides... I get where both of you are coming from... just maybe could have been said better is all

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

douger1957
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
THIS IS A PETITION TO UNLOCK OUR PHONES BOOTLOADERS
Yes I realize this has been posted several times but it seems to have died out again so im restarting it. We are 431 signatures away. Sign here - http://www.change.org/petitions/sams...on-s4-sch-i545
I think the other threads died for a reason. It's a futile effort.

I'm pretty sure that I read recently that the Department of Defense just approved the Knox security system. What's that mean? Samsung can potentially sell millions of phones to the government, who is not interested in phones that can be hacked. Now, consider the hacking community. A couple of thousand potential hackers. Which do you think Samsung is more likely to pay attention to?

Verizon Samsung Galaxy 4 Hyperdrive ROM RLS 14 Safestrapped on MK2 Base

joshm.1219
Old
Thanks Meter 1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertac View Post
Your hearts in the right place man. Maybe just clean it up a bit and make it more professional.

Also... go easy guys...a mod is definitely going to step in here and clean this thread and possibly close it due to the language.

I'm not taking sides... I get where both of you are coming from... just maybe could have been said better is all

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
This thread should be closed lol only a complete idiot would think that petition could work

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/11738368925_6e7dbef510_o.png
  • CARRIER: Verizon
  • PHONE: Samsung S4
  • CASE: Otterbox Defender modded to fit Anker 7800mah battery
  • BOOTLOADER: MDK, loki bypass
  • RECOVERY: TWRP 2.7.x
  • KERNEL: Ktoonsez with Project Icarus profile and Hydra script
  • ROM: Eclipse TW 4.4
  • LAUNCHER & MODS: Google Now launcher with XGEL settings, GravityBox, Heads Up notifications, & Android L navbar
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joshm.1219 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jake.99x3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshm.1219 View Post
This thread should be closed lol only a complete idiot would think that petition could work

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
Yeah thanks
I'M AN ANGRY FLASHER

SMiGGs
Old
Thanks Meter 13
history has taught us that this never works.