XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is it just me or...

Tip us?

tylerjames09
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
Thumbs up Is it just me or...

are these newer android phones giving more reasons to stay stock? I have found with the G2 that I have no want (or need) right now to root/ROM this phone. Usually when I get a new phone the first thing I do is root it, clear all that carrier crap out, or simply flash CM for that stock android experience; I just have not found that need with the G2.

So, what is the point of this thread?

I want to know everyone's thoughts about this. Are you rooted...are you stock....and why you are or are not?

If you are rooted, I would also like to know what ROM/Kernel/etc you are running.

Thanks!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tylerjames09 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andydumi
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I am rooted but on stock everything else.

I mainly rooted for Titanium Backup and other root enabled apps like AdBlock and Greenify. Beyond that, stock is sufficient for me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andydumi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vPro97
Old
Thanks Meter 190
Stock unrooted. Since greenify is avaliable without root I kinda found no real reason to root. The only thing I really want is the dual window option from LG g flex. Maybe also to try out dorimanx kernel for undervolting and messing around a bit.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Please hit the "Thanks" button if you found my post useful !

Optimise the battery life of your LG G2 without root!
The Following User Says Thank You to vPro97 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tylerjames09
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by vPro97 View Post
Stock unrooted. Since greenify is avaliable without root I kinda found no real reason to root. The only thing I really want is the dual window option from LG g flex. Maybe also to try out dorimanx kernel for undervolting and messing around a bit.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The main reason I usually root/rom is for speed and battery life....as we all know the G2 doesnt lack anything in either. I use the greenify beta as well and have noticed a huge difference in my battery life. The only thing tempting me to root is Titanium Backup but I have been fighting it because I'm so damn happy with the phone as it sits.
The Following User Says Thank You to tylerjames09 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

willyjay
Old
Thanks Meter 167

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by andydumi View Post

I mainly rooted for Titanium Backup and other root enabled apps like AdBlock and Greenify. Beyond that, stock is sufficient for me.
+1

ANTLAY
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by andydumi View Post

Link for adblock? Or at least point me in right direction

Xenovias
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Root + Flex rom + Custom kernel

Why?
I like stock rom (UI and feature) but flex rom is better (Black UI + more feature)

oBEASiTy
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'm rooted and stock. Stock rocks. I'm also running g2 xposed. With this you have all the customizations on aosp but on stock Rom

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oBEASiTy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tylerjames09
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenovias View Post
Root + Flex rom + Custom kernel

Why?
I like stock rom (UI and feature) but flex rom is better (Black UI + more feature)
if there was a Flex rom for the Sprint variant, I would probably reconsider. Althoughhhh I am running the LG Flex theme thru LG's theme manager which gives me a somewhat similar look to the Flex.

Hid3rs
Old
Thanks Meter 104
I like the stock ROM with xposed, but now I'm on AOSP, because micro stuttering on stock started to bug me, even if it was barely noticeable.